What's new

An Artist in Exile Tests India’s Democratic Ideals

Why is it superflous. Indians keep on stating that they are going to be the next super power ? Have you noticed one thing in common about all super powers ? They can introspect which Indians need to do. Hounding a 90 year old man will not make U a super power.

Regards

Correction: The one thing common among superpowers is that they all have big military budgets and the ability to project their military power across the globe.

Nothing whatsoever to do with artistic freedom.

Why is it superflous. Indians keep on stating that they are going to be the next super power ? Have you noticed one thing in common about all super powers ? They can introspect which Indians need to do. Hounding a 90 year old man will not make U a super power.

Regards

India is long way from becoming Superpower. Superpower statements are for Internal consumption and for politicians to gather votes. Its used in forums by anti -Indians to ridicule India. And by some Indian members to boast their achievements.

Hussien has got support of GOI, Supreme Courts and lots of artiste fraternity he has achieved what he desired "Publicity", He has expressed his desire to comeback.
He is probably hiding behind his conscience.

Regards

First of all, being a Superpower has nothing to do with it. USA was a Superpower when the blacks were still being discriminated. Britain was the same during the imperial days that was hardly the model of equal treatment of all men.

Second, India is not a Superpower, is not going to be one for a few decades at the very least. We have many internal issues to deal with before we even start thinking about being one.

Once we deal with our internal problems and achieve a just and fair society, such titles will come on their own.

The comparison with the West is superfluous simply because we are at very different stages in our development in all respects. In our literacy levels, in economic levels, in the way people treat their religions, in their socio-economic conditions etc. There simply is no comparison of Indian society with the Western ones.

There are some things in common, however. The separation of the state from the faith, equal treatment of all citizens, equality of opportunity (at least in theory) and a forward looking approach rather than a regressive one.

Correction: The one thing common among superpowers is that they all have big military budgets and the ability to project their military power across the globe.

Nothing whatsoever to do with artistic freedom.

Listen for people who call themselves civillised and secular your health minister has to approach the PM to get the gay act de-criminalised as its own Govt is opposing it.

Introspection is the first sign of a super power not military budgets. I consider Scandanavian countries as true super powers.

Regards

Listen for people who call themselves civillised and secular your health minister has to approach the PM to get the gay act de-criminalised as its own Govt is opposing it.

Introspection is the first sign of a super power not military budgets. I consider Scandanavian countries as true super powers.

Regards

Really!

And how many people across the globe agree with you on this?

A strong statement this.

It may be true for a section of the people, generalizing it to the whole people is in my opinion incorrect.

Especially in India, where the large majority is very tolerant and secular in their approach.

Much more than Europeans I will say who could not stand a fraction of such diversity, either linguistic or religious, in their midst till very recently.

When was the last time an European filed a case against anyone for defiling God or the Pope ?

Regards

Last edited:
Is that why the communist and the ruling party showed the door to Taslima ?

Regards

I assume you know very well that a few Islamists created a ruckus over her presence and the governments in question did give in meekly, to protect their votes and also to keep the peace may be.

I fail to connect it to the issue of tolerance of the large majority.

I assume you know very well that a few Islamists created a ruckus over her presence and the governments in question did give in meekly, to protect their votes and also to keep the peace may be.

I fail to connect it to the issue of tolerance of the large majority.

You answered your own question. If it were only a few people the Govt. would not have bothered.

Regards

Please clarify what u are implying maybe I am Thick.

Regards

Well nothing with some hidden meaning, I am afraid.

Just that you have had religious conflicts in Europe till very recently. That too within the Christian sects.

Well nothing with some hidden meaning, I am afraid.

Just that you have had religious conflicts in Europe till very recently. That too within the Christian sects.

Christian and Protestant conflicts are well documented and very stupid but no Govt was toppled or voted in over it.

Please check that out.

Regards

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom