What's new

Amritsar replicating Lahore’s food street model

There are also beef variants
Yeah....come to think of it, I think I have had something called a " paya" ......long time ago.....in a hole in the wall restaurant in the US. I didn't think much if it, seemed like any other slow cooked curry...but maybe the restaurant didn't do it right , I didn't see any trotters in it, just meat.....or maybe people just like whatever they are used to. In South Asia we tend to cook meat with the bone, which does add to flavor!

If ever I visit Lahore, I will be sure to try out the authentic version. :-)

Yeah....come to think of it, I think I have had something called a " paya" ......long time ago.....in a hole in the wall restaurant in the US. I didn't think much if it, seemed like any other slow cooked curry...but maybe the restaurant didn't do it right , I didn't see any trotters in it, just meat.....or maybe people just like whatever they are used to.

If ever I visit Lahore, I will be sure to try out the authentic version. :-)
Paye,kulchay utoon baad paray ali passi

I just googled it...it's paya not paye according to google :p:

So it's a curry made with goat trotters?
Yes goat trotters.

Old city , Hyderabad got few places where u can get best paya :D

It's not famous at our side (Jalandhar & Amritsar). Here, people usually avoid eating Beef - Halal Concept + other cultural reason (I don't wish to get into it). I was born & raised in Russia, so I've been eating Beef since my childhood. Further, I've visited your Punjab and tried food at Lahore Food Street.

Is my mum going to get Four Flats after I'm been slained by him?:o:

Sorry, flats are reserved only for the peaceful minority.

Yes goat trotters.

Old city , Hyderabad got few places where u can get best paya :D
Well, now that I know it's made with trotters, I am not sure I want to try it :P...sound like a poor man's stew.

If it's just normal meat on the bone, I am going to give it a go. Any particular place in Hyderabad you know off?

Well, now that I know it's made with trotters, I am not sure I want to try it :P...sound like a poor man's stew.

If it's just normal meat on the bone, I am going to give it a go. Any particular place in Hyderabad you know off?

Not the whole trotters.

Lower portion is removed looks more like lamb shanks with bone and meat stewed.

For best paya u can visit Shadab's in mursheerabad / Ghansi bazarr or Angara in hitex ( on the way to miyapur )

Shadaf tolichowki also serves good paya :)

I too belong to Minorities Community. :cray:

@LoveIcon I soon be away from this forum. If you want to see pictures - do let me know. 8-)

You'll have option to prove they are from Google. :rofl:
U conviniently ignored "peaceful ".

And u are neither peaceful nor secular.

U are saffronised sanghi troll.

Forget flats we wont let u have even a brick.

:mad:

Chal jhootay. There is no imli ki chutney with bhatoora. Nor baingan k pakoray in food street.
who told you i ate all that at a food street i said i ate those things when in lahore you are putting too much pressure on your grey matter :lol:

the type of chutney i was reffering too which we eat here in amritsar with amritsari naan

Amritsari-Kulcha.jpg

as for baigan ke pakore i ate those made by a friends grand mom may her sould rest in peace she is no more now .

I know a lot of East Punjabis and man all I see them eating is Saag, Gobi, Daal, and Rajma. The only meat they will eat is Chicken but not that often.
wrong sirji all punjabies i know eat chiken or mutton daily with exeption of teusday but sikhs dont mind eating even on teusdays

There are also beef variants

My true love paye (っ´▽`)っ ♥
Paya-7.jpeg
in amritsar there is a shop that is very famous for its paye fried in makhan/butter :smitten:

We can't live without Non-veg food. :D It's going to be blend of both. :enjoy:
In veggie north India, Punjab may be different. But without beef, what food street? Sikhs are not heavy meat eaters when compared to Malabar people.

who told you i ate all that at a food street i said i ate those things when in lahore you are putting too much pressure on your grey matter :lol:

the type of chutney i was reffering too which we eat here in amritsar with amritsari naan

Amritsari-Kulcha.jpg

as for baigan ke pakore i ate those made by a friends grand mom may her sould rest in peace she is no more now .

Janay de muna, tum se nahi ho paay ga

That beef looks disgusting with all that fat! :bad:

Nothing beats the taste of lamb chops.:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom