What's new

Amir Sohail Criticised PPP Govt Over Mismanagement Of PCB

Super Falcon

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Aamer Sohail, the former Pakistan captain, has criticised the nation's government for failing to put a check on the various crises affecting cricket in the country. Several Pakistan cricketers were punished in the aftermath of a winless tour of Australia in 2009-10 and, most recently, Salman Butt, Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Asif were provisionally suspended by the ICC over suspicion of being involved in the spot-fixing controversy during the tour of England. Sohail called on the patron-in-chief of the PCB, the Pakistan president Asif Ali Zardari, to step in.

"The government must realise it [cricket] is not just a sport in Pakistan, a country where there are so many religious, political and other divisions," Sohail told Geo TV. "In a country where people are facing so many crises and problems, the government must realise cricket has always served as a unifying factor.

"The chief patron must wake up to the reality and the seriousness of the crisis. Good governance is all about recognising the potential of cricket to unify the people and give them happiness and joy in their lives."

Sohail, not for the first time, was critical of Ijaz Butt, the PCB chairman, over the current state of affairs. Sohail had served as the director of Pakistan's National Cricket Academy, before quitting in July 2009, because of differences with Butt.

"I am really surprised that a seasoned political party like the Pakistan Peoples Party has still not realised that things are not moving forward with this present set-up and chairman," Sohail said.

Pakistan recently announced their team for the tour of the UAE, where they will face South Africa in each of the three formats. Misbah-ul-Haq was included in the team and, in a surprising move, made captain for the Test series. Younis Khan, whose ban after the Australia series was overturned, wasn't picked. "For no rhyme or reason Ijaz Butt refuses to give clearance for Younis to be in the Pakistan team. If Younis has committed a major crime or indiscipline then it is the duty of the board to let the people know so that this chapter is closed once for all," Sohail said.

"Enough is enough and I don't think any former chairman of the board has faced so much criticism and opposition for his manner of running cricket affairs. Yet the government appears to be blind to popular public opinion even though it preaches democracy."

Im with Amir Sohail every word he says in his interview to geo is right on target dont know why they are still closing their eyes .

there is no person left in cricketing world who did not criticised Ijaz butt

20 days back when i went to renew my Passport in Pakistan Counslat general there was a Television in waitting room a guy sitting with me when he saw Ijaz butt on Tv He started to say words about him which i cannot write here and i think ijaz butt deserve more than this

Aamer Sohail, the former Pakistan captain, has criticised the nation's government for failing to put a check on the various crises affecting cricket in the country. Several Pakistan cricketers were punished in the aftermath of a winless tour of Australia in 2009-10 and, most recently, Salman Butt, Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Asif were provisionally suspended by the ICC over suspicion of being involved in the spot-fixing controversy during the tour of England. Sohail called on the patron-in-chief of the PCB, the Pakistan president Asif Ali Zardari, to step in.

"The government must realise it [cricket] is not just a sport in Pakistan, a country where there are so many religious, political and other divisions," Sohail told Geo TV. "In a country where people are facing so many crises and problems, the government must realise cricket has always served as a unifying factor.

"The chief patron must wake up to the reality and the seriousness of the crisis. Good governance is all about recognising the potential of cricket to unify the people and give them happiness and joy in their lives."

Sohail, not for the first time, was critical of Ijaz Butt, the PCB chairman, over the current state of affairs. Sohail had served as the director of Pakistan's National Cricket Academy, before quitting in July 2009, because of differences with Butt.

"I am really surprised that a seasoned political party like the Pakistan Peoples Party has still not realised that things are not moving forward with this present set-up and chairman," Sohail said.

Pakistan recently announced their team for the tour of the UAE, where they will face South Africa in each of the three formats. Misbah-ul-Haq was included in the team and, in a surprising move, made captain for the Test series. Younis Khan, whose ban after the Australia series was overturned, wasn't picked. "For no rhyme or reason Ijaz Butt refuses to give clearance for Younis to be in the Pakistan team. If Younis has committed a major crime or indiscipline then it is the duty of the board to let the people know so that this chapter is closed once for all," Sohail said.

"Enough is enough and I don't think any former chairman of the board has faced so much criticism and opposition for his manner of running cricket affairs. Yet the government appears to be blind to popular public opinion even though it preaches democracy."

Im with Amir Sohail every word he says in his interview to geo is right on target dont know why they are still closing their eyes .

there is no person left in cricketing world who did not criticised Ijaz butt

20 days back when i went to renew my Passport in Pakistan Counslat general there was a Television in waitting room a guy sitting with me when he saw Ijaz butt on Tv He started to say words about him which i cannot write here and i think ijaz butt deserve more than this

There are religious divisions,yet it is named "Islamic Republic of Pakistan"...
Well done Amir Sohail!

Well dosen't every word of amir sohail make sense and i think he can be good chief he has better plans for PCB he said in interview that we should go to india and ask them if you help us we will stick with you other wise we will go to other block if pakistan went to that block indian block will be weaken there are two block in cricket who support each other in ICC

Block 1
India
Srilanka
Bangladesh
SXouith Africa

Block 2
England
West Indies
Newzealnad
Australia
Zimbabwe

If pakistan went to block 2 boy im sure in return they will always help pakistan .now why they dont help pakistan becoz pakistan use to be in asian
block. this was an amir strategy to get things in favour for pakistan anyway hope this PPP govt goes as soon as possible

i only pray Imran Khan comes in power or if not than only Nawaz Sharif atleast he can be accountable to nation

no mushy,no zardai,no elahi brother,no MQM

Block 1
India
Srilanka
Bangladesh
SXouith Africa

Block 2
England
West Indies
Newzealnad
Australia
Zimbabwe

get your blocks right my friend. zimbabwe dispises Aus, NZ & English. they are very much in india's pocket. also do you think any of those block 2 members will go against india when it comes to the crunch? be real.. pakistan hasn't got anything to offer to these blocks, whereas they will have a lot lose by going against india. yeh sab paise ka khel hain mere bhai!!

who said to you that aussies english and newzealand in indian pocket please get up from the sleep if they are plying in india it dosent mean they are with you autralia already angry with indians over howard nomination and what indian do with with kangroos in india every one knows about it and NZ never ever was with you and england dont like india to dictate terms in cricket which sporta englishman invented

who said to you that aussies english and newzealand in indian pocket please get up from the sleep if they are plying in india it dosent mean they are with you autralia already angry with indians over howard nomination and what indian do with with kangroos in india every one knows about it and NZ never ever was with you and england dont like india to dictate terms in cricket which sporta englishman invented

take a deap breath & read my post once again. when i said 'they', i meant zimbabwe. i'm not saying aus, eng or nz in india's pocket.

sir when did zimbabwe supported you they always supported pakistan and india was the one country becoz of whom they got isolated from test cricket

sir when did zimbabwe supported you they always supported pakistan and india was the one country becoz of whom they got isolated from test cricket

Get your facts right.

Zimbabwe got isolated because of their country's own politics and policies.

India infact played a triangular series in Zimbabwe to help them rebuild.

GB

well playing dosent matter zimbabwe is friendly more to pakistan than india

well playing dosent matter zimbabwe is friendly more to pakistan than india

my friend.. my argument here is not wether zim is more friendly to india or pakistan. what i'm trying to say to you is that zim will always prefer asian block (which is headed by india) over aus, nz, & eng. you only need to look at the political situation in zim & the relations mugabe has with these former colonial powre, aus & nz. peter chingoka (zim head of cricket) is a personal confidant of mugabe & for mugabe's relationship with the western world, pls do some research about zimbabwe land reforms where white farmers are kicked out for black natives. you will know what i'm talking about??

Back
Top Bottom