What's new

Amir Khan Vs. Lamont Peterson Fight @ Washington DC -- 10 December

Khan loses by a split decision. He landed more punches but according to the other judges Peterson got a few extra power punches.

Really close finish... Lucky win by Peterson. Although he becomes the new lightweight champion anyway. :(

Khan will bounce back.

Got to give to peterson he fought well. But khan could have won the title and he deserves a rematch

The penalties cost him, Peterson was more aggressive than khan, was a great fight, could of gone either way. Khan is bit of a sore loser though.

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

But I think Khan will win the rematch if it happens.

The penalties cost him, Peterson was more aggressive than khan, was a great fight, could of gone either way. Khan is bit of a sore loser though.

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

How is Khan a sore loser?

yeah and Peterson unworthy declared winner !!

its because Khan was far better than peterson the dirty boxer

Khan played clean !! he wins hearts !!

Coming from an Indian - perfectly understandable. :no:

Anyways, the fight was pretty bullsh!t. It was obviously not fair. Stupid referee took two points just for pushing a guy that kept running into you with his head down. And then the two U.S. judges - I could smell bias on their part from a mile away.

How is Khan a sore loser?

Guess you didn't see his comments at the end. It was a close fight, just get on with it.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Coming from an Indian - perfectly understandable. :no:

Anyways, the fight was pretty bullsh!t. It was obviously not fair. Stupid referee took two points just for pushing a guy that kept running into you with his head down. And then the two U.S. judges - I could smell bias on their part from a mile away.

And you are obviously not biased ;)

But I do think that Amir Khan is the better boxer, he got it wrong tactically, he will win the rematch.

Guess you didn't see his comments at the end. It was a close fight, just get on with it.

Wait, are you talking about the comment he added later just to sound unbiased?

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

And you are obviously not biased ;)

But I do think that Amir Khan is the better boxer, he got it wrong tactically, he will win the rematch.

It takes bias to defeat bias. How can you be so confident that he will win? Have you seen the future? :argh:

If you've seen fights, none of them are "nice" in their comments usually. But it wasn't that bad. You got to say these things to bait the other side into giving the rematch which peterson agreed to on Live TV.

Oh mere pind wala haar gayea ..it was close match though as judges score fight 113-112, 113-112, 110-115

Lamont-Peterson-beats-Ami-005.jpg

Peterson says: "It was a long road and all the hard work paid off. It was a tough fight. It couldn't have been a better night."

"I was a big underdog. I stand for something."

"Two or three rounds he was coming in and catching me. So then I changed the game plan and went forward."

Interview: Peterson avoids a question about the point deductions for pushing by saying that he didn't like having his head pushed down.

"I would definitely give him a rematch. It was a good fight. I wouldn't mind doing it again."

Amir-Khan-loses-to-Lamont-005.jpg

And here comes Amir Khan....

Amir Khan reacts to the judges' decision

Interview: Khan: "It was like I was against two people in there. The referee just wasn't giving me a chance."

"Every time he came up against me he was going lower and lower."

"I was against him and the referee. It was definitely a hometown decision."

"I was trying my best to keep away from that head."

"He was being effective. He was pressurising. I was the cleaner fighter."

"I am ready for a rematch."

Freddie Roach: "The way he (Peterson) attacked he rushed in with his head first."

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom