What's new

Americans facing competition from Indians, Chinese: Barack Obama

OrionHunter

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
WASHINGTON: US President Barack Obama has said that Americans are facing competition from India and China and exuded confidence that young Americans can match or exceed anything that they do.

"You guys are all coming up in an age where you're not going to be able to compete with people across town for good jobs — you're going to be competing with the rest of the world. Young people in India and China, they're all interested in trying to figure out how they get a foothold in this world economy," Obama said while addressing students in Maryland yesterday.

"That's who you're competing against. Now, I'm confident you can match or exceed anything they do, but we don't do it by just resting on what we've done before. We've got to out-work and out-innovate and out-hustle everybody else. We've got to think about new ways of doing things," said the US President.

Obama said he wants to make sure every student in America has a chance to get that moment.

"you're also going to be leading this country. That's the chance that this country gave to me and Michelle. And that's the chance I want for every single one of you," he said.

"From preschool for every four-year-old in America, to higher education for everybody who wants to go, every young person deserves a fair shot. I?m going to keep on doing everything I can to make sure you get that shot and to keep America a place where you can make it if you try," he said.

Americans facing competition from Indians, Chinese: Barack Obama - The Times of India

America watch out! The Indians and Chinese are coming! :super:

All they need to do is increase the H1B cap and they will drain your respective countries.

He is scaring his own country men. lol

There is not competition until India's per capita goes upto 15000 USD.

All they need to do is increase the H1B cap and they will drain your respective countries.

LOL so true..... brain drain is a serious issue for India, but I dont know how much it is for China.

:lol:he means that American children will face competition from Indians in america after India fails to look after their bright students.

It was possible earlier. . But now it may be otherwise. Remember US is a capitalist country through and through.

It wants profits at any cost. *any cost*

LOL so true..... brain drain is a serious issue for India, but I dont know how much it is for China.
I don't know about you, but if I was Indian, I would be trying my best to get out.

Don't blame those people for wanting a better life when their home country has shit standards.

I don't know about you, but if I was Indian, I would be trying my best to get out.

Don't blame those people for wanting a better life when their home country has shit standards.

And your country (whatever that is) is so high standard that you are ashamed to put up your flags.

not true for privileged/rich class. for middle class the choice was much easier before 90s, but liberalisation and availability of opportunities at home make the choice difficult. Will they have same quality of life? will they have the security and comfort of family and biradri (financial or otherwise).
People are eager to go there but they have to jump two hurdles, one marriage and second when their child is born.

Back
Top Bottom