What's new

American schools discriminate against Asians

He probably meant to say Absolute Monarchy, but failed to realize that Monarchy is completely different form of government as a Dictatorship, with one major difference in that a monarchy is a hereditary system. Oman is actually an Absolute Monarchy that is centered on Islamic principles based on Kharijism, and one that denounces heavily Takfirism.

There's a difference between an Absolute Monarchy and Dictatorship, and I only support Oman. Anyways, if you lay one French Fry on Oman.... :butcher:

:dirol:

I can assure you British Universities do not operate like that, my cousin won a scholarship at oxford based on merit and he comes from a normal working class family. Also UK uni's are highly funded they do not lack money and white students do not have first pickings as that is discrimination. If you see the UK census it shows Asians tend to go to University more than their white English counterparts.
codswolop.....

lol, notice why Saudi takfirism doesn't dare enter Oman. Even the Iranians stay out of Oman....:lol:
leave oman alone, it's the only sane country left in the middel east and i dont want it jinxed

The Seljuk Turks destroyed the Eastern Roman Empire (Byzantium), in the 15th century, my friend. Seljuk Turks actually were from the Steppes of Central Asia. Secondly the Seljuks also usurped the leadership of the Caliphate from the Arabs, and quashed Arab uprisings to their rule. So from the 13th century till the 20th century (nearly an entire millenium) the Turks ruled over most of the Middle East and Southern and Eastern Europe.

The Turks merely adopted and absorbed the local culture and local religions of their subject , conquered peoples into their own.

Victorious Mehmed II the Great, marching into the defeated Constantinople, then capital of the Eastern Roman Empire (Byzantine Empire):

Zonaro_GatesofConst.jpg

Turks want to be a member of the European Union, officially.

They do not desire to be a member of the Mongolian or Oriental Union, officially.

The conquered territories were primarily in the East (the rump states of Europe like Romania and came close to crushing Poland, but even there they failed).

Western Europe has always been the flagbearer of European civilization. The Turks or the Mongols could never come close to Western Europe. Their siege against tiny Vienna failed. Meanwhile, the Europeans conquered the entire world. Including modern day Turkey or Anatolia was conquered by European peoples.

Japan is a protectorate of a Western European descendant country. All of the world was conquered by Europe.

As long back as 1000 years ago, the Europeans sent expeditions to the Middle East in the form of Crusades. The Middle Eastern hordes could not hold them back. A tiny handful of Europeans conquered all of India, all of Africa, the Americas, Oceania was conquered.

Modern science and technology, and civilization, is entirely a European gift to the world.

There's a difference between an Absolute Monarchy and Dictatorship, and I only support Oman. Anyways, if you lay one French Fry on Oman.... :butcher:

:dirol:

Oman is a dictatorship. Supported by you people.

It doesn't matter in the end. Oman is more peaceful than Hindu, African and American countries with rampant violence murder and banditry.

leave oman alone, it's the only sane country left in the middel east and i dont want it jinxed

You're right, lets focus on positive developments, then.

You're right, lets focus on positive developments, then.

Being an international PhD student, and still getting to work with and funded by DARPA, I'd say, cheers to that thought.

Don't US universities have similar requirements, e.g. English 101/102? Plus, for foreign students to get admitted, you need to pass English proficiency test. As a matter of fact, in mainland China, there is no Chinese course requirement at college level, unless your major is in Chinese literature. The curriculum at Hong Kong universities probably resembles the western education system more.

It could not be more wrong.

In the US or Australia, you need English proficiency to start University or College, either you need to take ESL in local High School or one of those TOEFL or TOEIC or IELTS. Which basically designed from ground up to non-English speaker to test how well they manage English (Even tho the truth cannot be farther off) And when an native English Speaker, such as myself, took the test, you will basically Aced that without any effort.

On the other hand the former HKALE (does not exist anymore as they were merged with HKCEE to form HKDSE) Chinese is more like a 600 level Chinese in any western University, it was designed from ground up to filter LOCAL student, 55% of local native Chinese speaker will fail this subject out of the potential 120,000 HKALE space. If a foreigner try to study that Chinese Language and Culture, then he will probably will ended up failing it,

The different is, while English 101/102 or ESL or all the international standardised test were testing the basic English Knowledge and communication of a student, a HKALE Chinese exam tested advanced knowledge, you don't just lean how to write a simple sentence, you need to learn all kind of Chinese, range from all type of written communique, to poem, which is not something you will try if you speak Chinese as a secondary language.

When I was studying in Hong Kong, there are two way of University Entry. JUPAS (Which follow the local curriculum Form-6 and Form-7 then HKALE) or Non-JUPAS (Which basically Diploma/Advance Diploma Entry, GCSE Entry or Local International School Entry) where it used to be 70/30 ration for JUPAS and Non-JUPAS. I must say that now is more than 50/50 due to the fact the bridging degree are quite rampant now (Where you have a AS in some subject and the College allowed you to study for one year and convert that AS to BS) But before, if you are foreigner, either you go complete with the 30,000 odd Non-Jupas place with all other people, or went in and get HKALE which is next to impossible.

So, no, the old system is nothing like the Western System or British Commonwealth System. In country like Australia or US, People have multiple avenue of entry into University beside SAT/UPI or UAC. I can get in any Australian Uni by starting a diploma course, then bridge directly to year 2 in bachelor studies, the same I an do in an US College when I can start a AS or GED and bridge directly to College, this is not going to happen in Hong Kong just maybe 5 years ago, now, it's changed a bit, still JUPAS is the main avenue of entry to college.

Yes, Bangladesh is a majority Hindou society. I challenge here most Bangladeshis and anywhere in the world, take a random sample of 1 million Bangladeshis if you can, ask them how many of them know of the most important tenets of Islam, the most important battles of Islam, the names and important dates of the first four Caliphs' rules, and mastery of Arabic language needed for learning and comprehending the Quran and Hadith.

Instead, if I ask them, a random sample of 1 million Bangladeshis from anywhere in the world, to read their Hindu literature, or engage in Hindu cultural festivities, you would find a majority would pass as Hindus. Their language, culture, food and customs are not distinguished from Hindus as well. Many traits of polytheism are commonplace in all Hindu neighbours if it is Bangladesh or Indonesia, and less so in Pakistan.

This is the historical and factual truth, not an insult. What does it matter to you, are you a Bangladeshi?

You sir sound like a complete butt hurt.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom