What's new

American Sailors attacked in Turkey

As you can read indians with ther knowledge about the middle east sucks, pakdefence should ban indians from the middle east section:-). We dont sell the world carpet you serial repist.
Are you already contaminated by Elhassani Tourette syndrome? India share a lot with Middle east, how can they be banned from participating in the thread? He wrote something that you don't agree with, that is not reason to keep him from sharing his opinion with PDF participants...Beside, did he say something wrong? he raised some factual points...

I hope that the partnership between Turkey and Pakistan increases. We must look at Turkey as a role model. They have eliminated terrorism and are one of the most tolerant people in the Muslim world. They have worked hard for Turkey to be united again under Ataturk and abolished the Caliphate that had just become a name sake

"Iqbal supported Ataturk’s abolition of the caliphate, suggesting that the Turks had made effective use of the Islamic tradition of Ijtehad. The Ottoman caliphate, Iqbal said, had long become a symbol of Muslim statehood in name only, as not even the next-door Iranians accepted the sovereignty of the Ottomans."

Iqbal also held the belief that:

“The religious doctors of Islam in Egypt and India, as far as I know, have not yet expressed themselves on this point. Personally, I find the Turkish view is perfectly sound.”

He went on to defend the separation of religion and state, writing, “The republican form of government is not only thoroughly consistent with the spirit of Islam, but has also become a necessity in view of the new forces that were set free in the world of Islam.”

Your carpet exporting country is in no condition to lecture India. You were not called sick man of Europe for nothing. Turks would rather live as criminals in Germany than sell sherbet on Turkish footpath. Speaks a lot about you impoverished people.
The Ottoman Empire may have been the sick old man, but the Republic of Turkey that came after is the Pheonix, and they are one of the most successful Republics in the ME.
Shoo! Go away.

wtf is sherbet?o_O
Fruit (water, sugar, Juice/puree) ice cream without milk products, sometimes alcohol is added to make it softer. In America sometimes a small amount of milkfat is added (sherbet).
640px-Strawberry_sorbet[1].jpg

Strawberry Sorbet :smitten::smitten::smitten:

The Ottoman Empire may have been the sick old man, but the Republic of Turkey that came after is the Pheonix, and they are one of the most successful Republics in the ME.
Shoo! Go away.
We have a saying in Turkey, roughly translated "a tree that bears fruits gets stoned" unfortunately PDF is full of trolls and simple minded people.

Shoo! Go away.

To be fair I would say Turkey under the Ataturk was a secular, modern and progressive country. I won't deny that the man Ataturk had merit. He was a good leader. Unfortunately he was the only good leader. His successors failed him. Is it false to say that modern day Turks are allergic to secularism? Why is an openly religious party of the current madman running Turkey voted so convincingly to power? Are the media reports false that many top rank Turkish military officials were arrested on charges of planning a coup?

There is a saying that the govt. reflects the people. The era of secularism is dead in Turkey and this madman in power will ensure that secularism also dies a quiet death. I have seen the behaviour of Turks in the comments of news sites like Reuters, CNN etc. so I am not surprised by this childish comments passed by Turks. Whatever you might say won't change reality.

Are you already contaminated by Elhassani Tourette syndrome? India share a lot with Middle east, how can they be banned from participating in the thread? He wrote something that you don't agree with, that is not reason to keep him from sharing his opinion with PDF participants...Beside, did he say something wrong? he raised some factual points...

It is another legacy of the Turkish political culture. Behind the bright facade of Tourism is the dark secret that political freedom is almost non-existent in Turkey. Free speech and free thought is strongly discouraged and they have to tow the majority consensus. Ask these Turks if any of my statements are wrong. They won't dare answer the truth.

To be fair I would say Turkey under the Ataturk was a secular, modern and progressive country. I won't deny that the man Ataturk had merit. He was a good leader. Unfortunately he was the only good leader. His successors failed him. Is it false to say that modern day Turks are allergic to secularism? Why is an openly religious party of the current madman running Turkey voted so convincingly to power? Are the media reports false that many top rank Turkish military officials were arrested on charges of planning a coup?

There is a saying that the govt. reflects the people. The era of secularism is dead in Turkey and this madman in power will ensure that secularism also dies a quiet death. I have seen the behaviour of Turks in the comments of news sites like Reuters, CNN etc. so I am not surprised by this childish comments passed by Turks. Whatever you might say won't change reality.
The expert about Turkish society has spoken, keep your smartass attitude to yourself your being ridiculous.

gsi2-overview-3.png

The expert about Turkish society has spoken, keep your smartass attitude to yourself your being ridiculous.

View attachment 152937

Keep your stats inside your pocket you dumb loser. Talk about ground realities.

Headscarves were banned in Turkey under Ataturk. Right or wrong? Right. And under Erdognan they are making a grand comeback.

Islamisation was curbed under Ataturk. It is again making a grand comeback under the mad man erdognan.

Did erdognan order the arrest of army generals? Yes he did.

You cannot post a single line to refute my argument. But like an illiterate child you will fish out some outdated obsolete data and pretend you are right. I doubt if you are a Turk or even living in Turkey. You seem to be posting from some la la land and you have no connection with reality whatsoever.

Keep your stats inside your pocket you dumb loser. Talk about ground realities.
This sentence says a lot about you.

Headscarves were banned in Turkey under Ataturk. Right or wrong? Right. And under Erdognan they are making a grand comeback.
Headscarves was always there just banned in state institutions alongside other religious symbols such as cross for exsample which was obviously violating the freedom of religion paragraph in our constitution. Now that the ban is lifted doesnt mean everybody will wear headscarves, someone who didnt wear headscarve in her private life wont also wear it in school so no comeback in sight.
You would be the first one to jump up if the same ban was applied on Hindu Turban, hypocracy at its best.

Islamisation was curbed under Ataturk. It is again making a grand comeback under the mad man erdognan.
I wisited Turkey this summer after 4 years, it looked like the opposite to me.

Did erdognan order the arrest of army generals? Yes he did.
He was afraid of a coup, its all struggle for power, nothing to do with religion, you need to know about Gülen organization to have a discussion with me about the subject so forget it and dont even start pls.

You cannot post a single line to refute my argument. But like an illiterate child you will fish out some outdated obsolete data and pretend you are right. I doubt if you are a Turk or even living in Turkey. You seem to be posting from some la la land and you have no connection with reality whatsoever.
I just refuted your biased arguments and the data is from April 2013, again pls stop talking about topics you have no clue about.

The World’s Muslims: Religion, Politics and Society | Pew Research Center's Religion & Public Life Project

Back
Top Bottom