What's new

American Sailors attacked in Turkey

I can understand but dont agree with those people harrasing Soldiers that have nothing to do with the incident in Iraq, bad treatment of guests isnt in our culture and shouldnt be promoted.
I agree with you, but I was horrified when I saw American troops adopting under Bush and his neocons, Israel's despicable methods of putting a bag over Palestinian heads. Yesterday, the video largely circulated in the media showing one sailor with a plastic bag over his head was shocking to most , ABC reminded her audimat that the US did the same on Turkish soldiers..and the three Turkish teenagers are just reminding us our past misdeeds..Maybe a good will come from this , in the way of treating war prisoners with dignity.

Actions like this wont do anything in our favour but give more reason to the people who dont like us anyway as you can see in this thread.
In all societies those kind of elements are present. They are not representatives of their society at large. The action of the three youth didn't diminish the good opinions that countries have of Turkey.

I agree with you, but I horrified when I saw American troops adopted under Bush and his neocons, Israel despicable methods of putting a bag over Palestinian heads. Yesterday, the video largely circulated in the media showing one sailor with a plastic bag over his head was shocking to most , ABC reminded her audimat that the US the same on Turkish soldiers...Maybe a good come from this , in the way of treating war prisoners with dignity.

Dude ,that was a guy on shore leave visiting Istanbul.What will this world come to if American citizens were running after Turkish ones in NY to put paper bags on their heads ? If they're unhappy with the US there's nothing wrong in protesting at their embassy.

Dude ,that was a guy on shore leave visiting Istanbul.What will this world come to if American citizens were running after Turkish ones in NY to put paper bags on their heads ? If they're unhappy with the US there's nothing wrong in protesting at their embassy.
The street has an uncanny way of reacting. American are people too and do the same things. They are not immune from excesses and violence. We see it on the news all the times over futile things.

Wasn't there a Turk who tried to defend them ? It looks like that in the video.
That is another American sailor. In the beginning of the video they are standing together at the ATM. If you look closer there was an old Turkish guy who wanted to intervene.

It has nothing to do with them being American citizens. It was a respons to this from 2003:

Hood event - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

US still didn't apologize for this.

USS Ross which one of its sailors got harassed yesterday raised Turkish flag after the incident (left side). :what:

What does that mean? @Neptune can you as a sailor pls elaborate?

ABD savaş gemisi USS Ross Türk bayrağı açtı - Hürriyet GÜNDEM

26710027.jpg

USS Ross which one of its sailors got harassed yesterday raised Turkish flag after the incident (left side). :what:

What does that mean? @Neptune can you as a sailor pls elaborate?

ABD savaş gemisi USS Ross Türk bayrağı açtı - Hürriyet GÜNDEM

View attachment 150943

Bro if your warship is in the maritime territories of another country and that country has granted access to it's waters; due to international protocols you have to hoist the flag of that country as long as you sail on their waters. If you look at the photos from Task Force Barbarossa, you'll see TCG Gediz and our other ships hoisting the flag of African countries.

It doesn't have anything related with the incident. :)

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom