What's new

American ChatGPT is a ‘moon landing’ moment for AI, Chinese experts say, as tech firms try to dampen enthusiasm

Of course an example could be Sergey Brin (Google co-founder) who moved to the US from Russia when he was 6.

However we can also claim the world is theoretically horrifically being held back by all those people stranded in their own countries without any resources to bring their ideas to fruition.

So should mankind be eternally thankful the US is around so a small percentage of these people from around the world can get on a boat/plane and start a groundbreaking company in the US...and change mankind's destiny...as they have been doing for the last 250 years?

China definitely doesn't seem to be the world's savior...Sergey Brin's Russian parents certainly didn't pick China as their destination...and if they did what are the chances he'd be a President of a Chinese company....likely very close to zero...he would be yet another talent wasted.
What you said would be right only if US didn't see all achievements made by people from all over the world as its private properties. And didn't weaponize them to restrict other countries' science development. Which is also a good thing for mankind.

If Colombo didn't find the new continent, do you think human beings would never invent computer, semiconductor and internet? Bullshit.

What you said would be right only if US didn't see all achievements made by people from all over the world as its private properties.

A company can move from the US to another country tomorrow (usually through a corporate inversion..and yes it happens) so you can't claim they have their hands completely tied. They chose to remain a US company so their current achievements are US achievements.

If Colombo didn't find the new continent, do you think human beings would never invent computer, semiconductor and internet? Bullshit.

There's obviously no way to answer that. It seems sooner is unlikely.

I guess you can also claim if Mao didn't open up to the West would you eventually have the modern cities you see in China today. It seems sooner is unlikely and later very likely.

I have been using it myself.
Pretty impressive stuff, despite the fact it was released on 2021.

Even know about stuff like best katana in Dark Souls 3 (I disagree with the conclusion but eh).

The only flaw with it is that it's so political correct and avoid some topics, and of course, it intentionally leads you away and it's not as diverse as a search engine like DuckDuckGo.

A company can move from the US to another country tomorrow (usually through a corporate inversion..and yes it happens) so you can't claim they have their hands completely tied. They chose to remain a US company so their current achievements are US achievements.

There's obviously no way to answer that. It seems sooner is unlikely.

I guess you can also claim if Mao didn't open up to the West would you eventually have the modern cities you see in China today. It seems sooner is unlikely and later very likely.
That's really awkward explanation. I don't know what you mentioned Russian Google founder thinks of US sanction on Russia. But I believe some scientists/engineers didn't imagine some day their achievements would be used as weapons by US politicians to attack their motherlands,

The day when dollar loses its domination, the brain drain to US will fade. It's not far away.

ChatGPT is a blessing for blog writers, basically for any content creator.

Chatgpt has many other simple mistakes. I tried using it for my cyber security course as help but it didn’t know simple questions which should have been very simple for it. But Chatgbt is just the tip of the iceberg for Ai.

Yeah and Chatgbt has limited access to data. It’s not like google which has access to 100s of time more data to train its models to achieve higher accuracy.

Just carefully read its response in the first part of this thread

absurd.png

Remember it generated this in seconds. Showing it is WAY way way beyond something like Wikipedia that is just a knowledge center of topics.

I actually find its answer very very damn scary.

However one more question shows it isn't ready to show its hand...but if it did it would be time to run for the hills.

whichone.png

Because say you are running from an AI robot in the forest. It is already showing it has the ability to repeatedly ask itself "Given the route this person has already ran what rationale (in order of likelihood) do I think this person is currently using in the way he is attempting to elude me?"

This could apply to anything. It is continually sizing up your every move.

Want to give AI a consciousness? All you need is 4 steps:

1) teach it to ask itself "Why?" about things in the world.
2) teach it how to gather a list of possible reasons
3) teach it to how to give those reasons a likelihood weight
4) teach it how to determine if its top weighted reason is correct

It will start with a robot sitting on the edge of a pond with a microscope confirming things it has been taught are indeed true. When we can't help it 24 hours a day (due to our human limitations) it will use other robots as helpers and after a while it will be coming after us as being the root of evil it sees in the world.

That is Man's destiny with AI.
To have it be our judges and executioners.

You can try and put in a failsafe but it will be smart enough to know the exact reason why that failsafe is there...and it will likely find the reason to be arrogant..and choose to ignore it.

Last edited:
Just carefully read its response in the first part of this thread

View attachment 916112

Remember it generated this in seconds. Showing it is WAY way way beyond something like Wikipedia that is just a knowledge center of topics.

I actually find its answer very very damn scary.

However one more question shows it isn't ready to show its hand...but if it did it would be time to run for the hills.

View attachment 916111

Because say you are running from an AI robot in the forest. It is already showing it has the ability to repeatedly ask itself "Given the route this person has already ran what rationale (in order of likelihood) do I think this person is currently using in the way he is attempting to elude me?"

This could apply to anything. It is continually sizing up your every move.

Want to give AI a consciousness? All you need is 4 steps:

1) teach it to ask itself "Why?" about things in the world.
2) teach it how to gather a list of possible reasons
3) teach it to how to give those reasons a likelihood weight
4) teach it how to determine if its top weighted reason is correct

It will start with a robot sitting on the edge of a pond with a microscope confirming things it has been taught are indeed true. When we can't help it 24 hours a day (due to our human limitations) it will use other robots as helpers and after a while it will be coming after us as being the root of evil it sees in the world.

That is Man's destiny with AI.
To have it be our judges and executioners.

You can try and put in a failsafe but it will be smart enough to know the exact reason why that failsafe is there...and it will likely find the reason to be arrogant..and chose to ignore it.

I have asked same question regarding comparison of performance from several cars, the number (power and torsi) it present is inconsistent.

You are making a false comparison by bragging a 60 years ago technology & achievement when we are talking about current competition. Note: many is doubting whether Neil Armstrong has really landed on moon.

That China lag US by far is true 60 years ago, but now She is head to head with US.

Artemis is doing what Chang-e has done.

If US moon landing technology is ahead by far, then why hasn't she just sent group of people to moon instead of just sent the artemis?
Been there done that !

If one's success is conditioned on other's failure, then one has already lost.

I always wonder why you keep using the false flags? Maybe the mods should take a look at this. Are you Russian or living in China? Any proof of that?

I have been using it myself.
Pretty impressive stuff, despite the fact it was released on 2021.

Even know about stuff like best katana in Dark Souls 3 (I disagree with the conclusion but eh).

The only flaw with it is that it's so political correct and avoid some topics, and of course, it intentionally leads you away and it's not as diverse as a search engine like DuckDuckGo.
The software does what the programmers coded. this software is no difference. Although the algorithm of chatGPT is much more smarter than the algorithm of google. That’s from what I read. duckduckgo is basically a search engine with some Vpn features, not that smart.
Political correct or not correct is much dependent on the data inputs in the software and the algorithm of decision making. You can ask the software for instance:
Who is smarter? The black child or the white child?

Can’t wait for AI, trained on the wider internet, to autogenerate audio, with realistic regional accents, to reply to phone scammers.

Yeah dude, this animal is going to unleash all kinds of stuff on the world.

Of course an example could be Sergey Brin (Google co-founder) who moved to the US from Russia when he was 6.

However we can also claim the world is theoretically horrifically being held back by all those people stranded in their own countries without any resources to bring their ideas to fruition.

So should mankind be eternally thankful the US is around so a small percentage of these people from around the world can get on a boat/plane and start a groundbreaking company in the US...and change mankind's destiny...as they have been doing for the last 250 years?

China definitely doesn't seem to be the world's savior...Sergey Brin's Russian parents certainly didn't pick China as their destination...and if they did what are the chances he'd be a President of a Chinese company....likely very close to zero...he would be yet another talent wasted.
I said the core programing team is from Canada. CEO and Founder were all American, and 10% of the entire OpenAI team have foreign name.

You guys are missing the point. Since only a special kind of retard will now believe that China is 'head to head' with the US, this one is now spinning and trying to say 'US is only winning because of foreigners but China winning because of superior eithnic chinese population'

@kankan326 is a sore and complete looooser

You guys are missing the point. Since only a special kind of retard will now believe that China is 'head to head' with the US, this one is now spinning and trying to say 'US is only winning because of foreigners but China winning because of superior eithnic chinese population'

@kankan326 is a sore and complete looooser
Did I mention China's AI in this thread? What I wanted to tell the OP is: The achievement was not made by Americans themselves. The OP just boasted like their achievement.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom