What's new

American attack aftermath: Pakistan declares attack a 'plot'

Just as your post that we gain anything by killing soldiers of our allies?

Bacause lately your ally started to roll back the entire investment on cloak and dagger spy network stretching from Islamabad to Washington and showed defiance on Pak-Iran gas pipeline to annoy your majesty.

And whose report is that. BBC, FOX, NATO or Pentagon? And even if they did fire back .. I think it is justified to fire BACK in self defense.

PA is apparently stating this according to a BBC news article.

The Pakistani army said in a statement that two border posts had been attacked by helicopters and fighter aircraft, killing 24 people and leaving 13 injured.

It said Pakistani troops fired back as best they could.

BBC News - Nato: 'Highly likely' we caused Pakistan troop deaths

Comeback after you have the guts to cross Taiwan Straits? The only military victory you have till date is in 1962 and Tiannmman Square. China has never supported Pakistan militarily like we did for China otherwise you would be speaking Japanese now.
You want me to repost here how I humiliated you in the other thread? You and I both know UK got spanked by Deng Xiaoping. :azn:

Bl[i]tZ;2328401 said:
Just wanted to put things into perspective about the NATO supplies through Pakistan into Afghanistan.

In 2009/10, when Pakistan had blocked the NATO supplies, 85% used to pass through Pakistan. They actually went to half rations that time immediately.

On May 18, 2011, Lt. Gen. Mitchell Stevenson, deputy chief of staff for logistics, told the Senate Armed Services readiness subcommittee that U.S. brings in 60 percent to Afghanistan from the north through Central Asia and the Baltic states and 40 percent from the south through Pakistan Army.

US intends to bring it down to 25% eventually.

The Army keeps 45 days worth of fuel on the ground in Afghanistan so that operations can withstand severe disruptions to its supply lines,

Source U.S. Explores Pakistan Supply Route Alternatives - Defense News

I don't think blocking supplies by Pakistan will have any effect on US war machine. I think within a fortnight or even before US would issue an apology and this matter will be resolved.
Once Pakistan joins SCO (obviously india will not be joining), Russia and Central Asian states will also terminate supplies to Afghanistan. And then 100,000 US and allied troops will have fun times with the Taliban -- mano-a-mano, no more video game bombing from miles away! Let's see how long they last without electricity or food.

Kick the US forces out of Shamsi Base. They have no basis for setting up their shop on Pakistani soil and spread their state sponsored terror.

Bl[i]tZ;2328401 said:
Just wanted to put things into perspective about the NATO supplies through Pakistan into Afghanistan.

In 2009/10, when Pakistan had blocked the NATO supplies, 85% used to pass through Pakistan. They actually went to half rations that time immediately.

On May 18, 2011, Lt. Gen. Mitchell Stevenson, deputy chief of staff for logistics, told the Senate Armed Services readiness subcommittee that U.S. brings in 60 percent to Afghanistan from the north through Central Asia and the Baltic states and 40 percent from the south through Pakistan Army.

US intends to bring it down to 25% eventually.

The Army keeps 45 days worth of fuel on the ground in Afghanistan so that operations can withstand severe disruptions to its supply lines,

Source U.S. Explores Pakistan Supply Route Alternatives - Defense News

I don't think blocking supplies by Pakistan will have any effect on US war machine. I think within a fortnight or even before US would issue an apology and this matter will be resolved.

49% of all supply routes (including the fuel for the drones) go through Pakistan, the Army has 45 days worth of fuel, but what about the other supplies besides fuel? Most of the non-essential supplies flow through the Central Asian route, whereas most of the essential supplies needed for the war flow through Pakistan.

Bacause lately your ally started to roll back the entire investment on cloak and dagger spy network stretching from Islamabad to Washington and showed defiance on Pak-Iran gas pipeline to annoy your majesty.

Than there are better ways for us to reciprocate? Just stop giving you aid. Iran is no friend of yours.

Bl[i]tZ;2328419 said:
No absolutely it doesn't mean that what Americans are saying is truth.

But from the American side the story that is coming seems to be -

Pakistan Army units came to aid of Taliban sanctuary under attack by US Special Forces.
Americans requested close air support.

The whole thing depends if this claim is true. I've not heard any authentic source reporting this. This is this one Pakistani Canadian claiming that this is straight from A'stan NATO sources.

Unless the Pakistani soldiers excel at sleepwalking fighting, I can't see how they came to the aid of a Taliban sanctuary. Also why now? Why at 02.00 in the morning when Taliban enclaves have been attacked before and the army has sat back.

The reason for the toll being so large was that they were unprepared and mostly all in close vicinity of each other, similar to the conditions you see in sleeping quarters.

Like you said yourself there is no link, no news, no nothing. So do the board a favour and stop typing up such rumours, regardless of where they are from.

Well you are not the only one with inside sources or are you? Proof of the pudding is in its taste. Even DG ISPR did not venture down that path. Maybe it was a secret place for meeting the good taliban in the past and hence a fair target. I am speculating just like you.

Well I ain't speculating. It was the Company HQ of the area, and you are saying it was a secret meeting place, on a hilltop??? Puh-lease.

You are speculating without any logic here.

Even 20 meter and NATO has no UN mandate to strike inside Pakistan let alone on a military check post.

tell the pukhtoons on both side of the borders and they will laugh and shoot you happily. Let the international press in and the truth will be known.

Pakistan spends 2.8% of its GDP on the military, not 40%.

As somebody has already pointed out, GDP is totally different from governments annual budget. It might be 40% of annual budget.

I do know Pakistan budget= miliitary spending + government debt repayment + administration cost.

Leaves virtually nothing for development etc. Last time I asked, I was told Pakistan spends less on education than Nepal.

My two paisa.

Looks like we might be getting out of this war on terror for good.

Lets hope its not just for show, And couples of days down the line everything will be back to business as usual.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom