What's new

American attack aftermath: Pakistan declares attack a 'plot'

You missed that point bro. Any way Americans have third supply route Georgia-Azerbaijan-Kazakhstan-Uzbekistan without going through Russia.

A route as risky as Pakistan in the unstable Caucuses with Iran to the south, Russia to the north. Also, they would have to offload the cargo in Georgian ports, upload it again in Azerbaijani ports, then offload it again in Turkmenistan. Countries they would have to deal with: Turkey, Georgia, Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan. A logistical nightmare. If they use the Kazakhstan-Uzbekistan route, then add another country to the logistics.

Also, as someone already pointed out, there are anti-US forces in Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan, which may disrupt the NATO supply lines.

No matter which NDN route NATO chooses, it will significantly add to the cost of the Afghanistan war as the Pakistan route is and will always remain the shortest, quickest and most economical route to Afghanistan. Also, no country in the region can match the quality of six-lane highways and motorways in Pakistan.

Finally, the NDN route enters Afghanistan from the north whereas the bulk of the population centres and NATO bases are in the east and south of Afghanistan, so they will have to traverse half of volatile Afghanistan to reach their destination. Whereas you reach Kandahar and Kabul within 2 hours of entering Afghanistan from Pakistan.

"Sabar ka phal mitha hota hai" aur Pakistan sirf sabar pay sabar kiya ja raha hai.....when this sabar over prepare for fun guys....

Ashok bhai - the longer they stay silent the more i realize this was a horrendous accident or trigger happy moronic moron individuals. The investigation and the response they give cant and wont calm the tempers down. Any sovereign state would have the same response as Pakistan are showing. I suggest the first thing they must do - and this may be the most difficult - is be completely truthful because their credibility is zero and any stories they start making up will perhaps will result in pouring oil on the fire.

I concur with you borther,
but I am not happy with the way the PA handled the situation when the attack happened, they should have scrambled their airforce and should have gunned down that morron who was in the cockpit of that gun ship.
That would have sent a strong message to the NATO that they can not get away with what ever they do.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

NATO done it by mistake...dont you people realize? :angry:
I do not believe it, its the action of some lunatic on the cockpit of the gun ship. and its no mistake, its a delibareate action of that idiot to increase his kill score and in this desperation he forgot that he is engaging friendlies all he thought of was the number of kills and not the people he is engaging

A route as risky as Pakistan in the unstable Caucuses with Iran to the south, Russia to the north. Also, they would have to offload the cargo in Georgian ports, upload it again in Azerbaijani ports, then offload it again in Turkmenistan. Countries they would have to deal with: Turkey, Georgia, Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan. A logistical nightmare. If they use the Kazakhstan-Uzbekistan route, then add another country to the logistics.

Also, as someone already pointed out, there are anti-US forces in Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan, which may disrupt the NATO supply lines.

They are already using this routes but it is roadways if you really think loading and unloading good is big deal. When you trade with China, you use Rail lines and Karakoram Highway and then again the rail line.

It seems you think Georgia, Azerbaijan is Chechnia and where Iran came here :rofl: also Iran don't own Caspian Sea.

Anyway, it seems Russians are giving only warning after the worth of NDN has increased because when it comes to Afghanistan everyone's interest like China, India, Russia and even Iran's interest converges in Afghanistan. There is direct rail line from Riga(all weather port) in Latvia to Mazar-e-Sharif all in Russian Gauge and when it comes to common interest two countries do co-operate.

Thanks for sharing link were i can read Indians comments which clearly show were Indian mentaly. Indians are realy fucked up ppl. Wait when ur daddy leaves afghanistan we will deal with u
brother, this is a issue between NATO and Pakistan, do not bring in INDIA, why do you always have to go with Time of India. there are over 27000 medias India and you always chose the worst to judge the Indian mentality.
I am an Indian, have i condemned the act of lunacy here or did i rejoice on the death of 28 men. and one of them a Captian just became a father and has a 3 month old baby. I really felt bad and so does most of the Indians.
Kindly do not bait the Indians for your mentality of finding the black dot in a white sheet, see the white sheet and you'll realize that the white space is large and the black dot is just a small tint.

:coffee:
Russia has threatened to block NATO's supply routes to Afghanistan, should the Western military alliance continue to disregard Moscow's concerns about the US-led defense shield for Europe, a report says.

However most in Pakistan are of the opinion that Russia is threatening NATO out of care for pakistan ! something to ponder :coffee:

Pakistan border closure will have little effect on Nato's Afghanistan campaign | World news | The Guardian

The route through Uzbekistan is currently in question, however, after a key bridge near the Afghan border was damaged by an explosion 10 days ago and has been closed since.

Neither the US nor the Uzbeks have commented on the cause of the explosion, although there are fears it could be the work of the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan, which is allied to the Taliban.

That explosion was 15 days ago and Uzbeks still co-operating with Americans. :P From Kazakhstan the route separates between two, one through Uzbekistan and other through Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan.

They are already using this routes but it is roadways if you really think loading and unloading good is big deal. When you trade with China, you use Rail lines and Karakoram Highway and then again the rail line.

It seems you think Georgia, Azerbaijan is Chechnia and where Iran came here :rofl: also Iran don't own Caspian Sea.

Anyway, it seems Russians are giving only warning after the worth of NDN has increased because when it comes to Afghanistan everyone's interest like China, India, Russia and even Iran's interest converges in Afghanistan. There is direct rail line from Riga(all weather port) in Latvia to Mazar-e-Sharif all in Russian Gauge and when it comes to common interest two countries do co-operate.

1. Pakistani trade with China through the Karakoram Highway only uses trucks. No rail, no ships. So no repeat offloading and onloading.

2. Russia and Iran both have influence in Azerbaijan.

3. Russia does not give warnings without purpose. Russia and China also have an overriding strategic interest in denying the US and NATO a permanent base in Afghanistan. Iran and Pakistan also have the same interest. So Russia, China, Pakistan and Iran all want the US out of Afghanistan.

Already did:

From the TT Chairman's own post on the first page of the other thread.

The official account of the ISPR has changed from what military officials were saying earlier; ISPR is already doing what many accuse the NATO of, which has not happened till yet.
You have provided 'anonymous sources and media accounts', you have not provided two official versions of statements from ISPR/PA that contradict themselves on the 2.5KM/300M issue.

Is your need to be an apologist for the West so great that you can resort to such blatant lying/disingenuity?

Russia Pakistan interests crossing the lines somewhere..hehe!

However most in Pakistan are of the opinion that Russia is threatening NATO out of care for pakistan ! something to ponder :coffee:

Nobody in Pakistan is under any illusion with respect to Russia. Russia will squeeze NATO's balls for its own benefit. Pakistan did not block NATO's transit route for the benefit of Russia and Russia will not block the NDN for Pakistan's benefit. But both Pakistan and Russia benefit collaterally from each others actions. "An enemy of an enemy is a friend." Bizmarckian "Realpolitik" applies here.

something is common among them YOUR SOVEREIGNTY, is it a different case.
so what if someone rob your house, burn it down, kill a few etc .... are all these cases different for you to be treated differently, when you have guards for protection.
The issue of sovereignty is the same, but drones attacks are being done with full government compliance, so you cannot really complain. Terrorists do get shot, and civilians also in them, in most cases, the civilians are their friends.

The point I was trying to make was that we should not say that the initial response to the OBL episode and this incident should have been the same. You cannot just say that shoot it down. If it is a border area with Afghanistan, you wait for the other heli to respond and engage, in Abbotabad, you wait so that you can positively identify the aircraft and then engage. Don't need to be just trigger happy.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

You have provided 'anonymous sources and media accounts', you have not provided two official versions of statements from ISPR/PA that contradict themselves on the 2.5KM/300M issue.

Is your need to be an apologist for the West so great that you can resort to such blatant lying/disingenuity?

Hey , you have to have both sides of the story to make an argument!!!

any news abut US NATO come indians never forget to post remarks for behalf of them as after nato- us there is end of world?

The disingenuity lies with those officers of the Pakistan Army/ISI who reported all that unverified information to the press to fan flames, not me, and all those on PDF and the media that propagated it.

All the backtracking that will now happen will not discomfort me at all, but you. I need not say anything after the Pakistani Defence minister announced that supply routes will open after a suitable statement from NATO.

I rest my case.

Back
Top Bottom