What's new

American attack aftermath: Pakistan declares attack a 'plot'

China condemns NATO strikes on Pakistani troops

China on Monday urged NATO forces to respect for Pakistan's sovereignty, saying that attack on Pakistani troops was shocking.
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei said that China was deeply shocked by these events, and expresses strong concern for the victims and profound condolences to Pakistan.
"China believes that Pakistan's independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity should be respected and the incident should be thoroughly investigated and be handled properly," he aid in a statement on the ministry's website.
US-led NATO choppers and aircrafts attacks two Pakistani posts near Afghan border on early Saturday which left two dozen soldiers martyred and 14 other injured.

China condemns NATO strikes on Pakistani troops | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online
So it turns out it was a calculated modern warfare air and ground attack against a Pakistani outpost that has before hosted the Amerikkkans as guests and, even more, a follow up attack on Pakistan Army reinforcements with both helicopter and aircraft!

This is no mistake. It is a deliberate attempt to push Pakistan Army back so the US can start occupying the frontier region. A deliberate punitive skirmish.

The statement from the Chinese foreign ministry is not the final word from the Chinese government. They are still discussing on what to do. Remember, we are in a leadership transition with a new leadership coming in March of next year.

In my view, the Chinese government needs to immediately supply Pakistan with air defense weapons and advisors. Now that Pakistan has permanently closed the NATO supply route, the US will demonize Pakistan like it demonizes Iran, and eventually launch air strikes from the Arabian Sea or Afghanistan. I'm 100% for certain the Chinese government will do something decisive, it will not watch and do nothing.

Another question, why would this happen just a year before US presidential elections?

i might get burned for saying this; we should limit such cooperation with UAE too

not all of our geo-political interests even with UAE are merging ones....that's the reality.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

that is an old video, has nothing to do with this attack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Air is very costly.

And BTW, you can see everyday USAF aircraft landing in Chaklala airbase.

nothing is costly when you are dealing with a supply chain that connects the war front with the inventory. And again, all these years they were using the land route for let us say 35% (as some say), they have saved a lot of money transiting that 35% all these years by land. So now that savings can be applied to Air Transit. And add to that the savings by not paying transit fees. (It might be possible that USA would have paid some amount at least (even if minimal) for each shipment, which have ended in the bank accounts of the politicians and/or generals).

To give a small example some private contractors of US Army move machines like Hydraulic Excavators by Air almost daily and are still doing it when they can easily move them by land and sea, it is not costly when you are involved in a war and you have to keep the supply chain running for the sake of the survival of the men at the front.

Governent is running only after Shamsi airbase which is ir-relevant to US. Governemnt is just using it as a scape goat for silencing the public along with the closure of NATO Supplies by land temporarily.

They can still transit by air over Pakistan, or maybe not?

The sentiment of the public rarely makes much difference in Pakistan's state policies. But this time, even from Rawalpindi we are hearing differing voices, eg. threats of derailment of Afghanistan endgame, permanent blockade of supplies, closure of Shamsi to US mil etc.

So... what about the drone strikes? Will the drone strikes be ceased too?

If not, and let's say the drones are really that accurate in targeting the militants that are threat to Pakistan... then what is the point of closing Shamsi airbase to the US? Drones can fly in from anywhere, esp Jalalabad, which is much nearer to the target area than is Shamsi.

In all honesty, if the sentiments in Pindi are really congruent to the ones we witness on the streets of Pakistan, then we shouldn't see any drone strikes at all, which people have claimed time and again that they take out more innocents than culprits.

@ AZ I also fear a ban for supporting your views on Pak-UAE relations.

Nothing is going to change.You may call me a bit pessimistic,but seeing what has happened in the past 2 years ,PA hierarchy will again show its negligence.
1.Nato has been invading our airspace for quite sometime now.Has the PA,PAF moved its anti air assets to the western border,NO!
2.Have we ever blocked their nato supplies for more than one week ,NO!
3.The Shamsi air base,allegedly was returned to pakistan from UAE,now the military comes out and says that they want it to be vacated by the US personal.(today i was watching an interview of DGISPR on dawn,after the anchor raised the Shamsi air base question ,he refused to answers it).
People may say that they are trying to create differences between the public and PA ,but let me ask you this ,how can the public respect the military ,when it openly lies to its public,puts troops without proper air cover !.

A1070568.jpg

IRGC Commander Condoles with Pakistan over NATO Attack Casualties

"No doubt, this gruesome crime which was committed with full disrespect for the international rules once again unveiled the true face of those who make untrue claims about support for peace and friendship and respect for the nations' rights and displayed to the world their aggressive and barbaric nature and aspiration for attaining devilish goals and illegitimate interests," General Jafari said in a part of his message.

We should start thinking aligning ourselves with the Iranians. We should forget about this Shia-Sunni divide, and start working together.

One joint military exercise is gonna be a treat for all.

Sino-Pak-Persian alliance is what we should be looking into.

Shaikh Zayed got it as a gift, his son turned it into a small airport and post 2001 US got access to it for their drones and surely it was with the approval of pakistan. It is not possible that USA got access to the base withoput Pakistani leadership knowing about it and approving it as in those days War on Terror was in full swing.

Probably UAE wants to keep the base for itself for something else, for a time when that base would be very important I wish you undersand what i have in mind !
To use it against Iran if they need to......ummm....This is very sad on Pakistan's part if it happens......:angry:

Good idea, but easier said than done, given the Saudi influence in Pakistan.

We are going ahead with the pipeline till now even with US-Saudi pressure, whatever is vital to our interest can be pursued provide we get saner leadership. Rather we can play a role in soothing the relations between Saudis & Iranians. Iran is not going anywhere in coming years provided no military action happens. Thus why not accept the fact and try to resolve it and bring stability to the area.

Do you honestly think that the sunni-shia-ahmedi-barelvi-deobandi rivalries will ever settle down ?! I maintain no such false notions......it will not happen in any of our lifetimes.

These same people from different sects, religions work and go along very well in the armed forces of Pakistan.

Thus if environment is provided and conditions are such, they will all work very well.

Ahmadi generals in this very army led Shia-Sunnis under one flag & vice versa, its not impossible.

We are going ahead with the pipeline till now even with US-Saudi pressure, whatever is vital to our interest can be pursued provide we get saner leadership. Rather we can play a role in soothing the relations between Saudis & Iranians. Iran is not going anywhere in coming years provided no military action happens. Thus why not accept the fact and try to resolve it and bring stability to the area.

Pakistan must get the energy the IP pipeline would provide, and to act as an intermediary between the great SA-Iranian divide would pay rich dividends I agree, but color me sceptical for now.

President Asif Ali Zardari has refused a request by the United Arab Emirates to review Pakistan's decision of telling the US to vacate the Shamsi airbase within 15 days, Geo News reported.

According to sources, UAE's foreign minister met President Asif Ali Zardari on Monday and requested to review Pakistan's decision in regards to the Shamsi airbase.

President Zardari refused UAE's request and said that he could not change the decision of Defence Committee of the Cabinet, sources said.

At least 24 Pakistani soldiers embraced martyrdom and scores others sustained injured in NATO attack on a check posts near Afghan border on Saturday.

The Defence Committee of the Cabinet had decided to close NATO supply lines in Afghanistan with immediate effect and ordered the US to vacate the Shamsi Airbase within 15 days.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom