What's new

American attack aftermath: Pakistan declares attack a 'plot'

he should have requested kiyani instead......

Can't you Indians shut up with your sarcasm ??? What is the problem with you guys ?? Why can't you keep yourselves to Indian forums ?? If we have given you the liberty to speak here, why keep showing the Indian mentality non-stop ??

Army has let the civilian setup take all the shots in all these 3 years and you guys are still not happy ?? What is the issuewith you people ??

The decision was taken at the DCC, and still you guys saying go to Kiyani ??

Pakistan is destroyed due to the current political setup and Kiyani or armed forces have said nothing to them or stopped them and you people still come with your cheap sarcasm. Zardari's guys give free visas to American CIA men and you still say Kiyani should be asked. Zardari had his thugs have destroyed Pakistan and you still say go to Kiyani.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

its time to put military under civilian proper control, they eat away our tax money, build business on it, act according to their will neglecting national interest and when they commit grave mistakes they keep nation and tax payers in the dark

You people disgust me. Pathetic.

i would support your view dude, but most pakistanis here support military control over pakistan, they regard civilian government as weak and military as strong.......

civilian govt has to prove they are not corrupt, army government are not that corrupt but they stop the civilian process for running the country and they impose their will, like musharraf dragging into the war, i dont think it might have happened if there was a civilian govt

its time to put military under civilian proper control, they eat away our tax money, build business on it, act according to their will neglecting national interest and when they commit grave mistakes they keep nation and tax payers in the dark

You people disgust me. Pathetic.

I think the post makes some good points that need a proper rebuttal, not summary derision.

obviously u are writing under emotion....but military is still in control of pakistan......thats why haqqani had to resign.......although this discussion is highly off topic....

Traitors should be hanged, good for him that he resigned. But again Zardari appointed another of his loyalist, again telling Army has no control of the political setup. Watch both sides of the coin, not just one.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

I think the post makes some good points that need a proper rebuttal, not summary derision.

Rebutted many times by many thoroughly, sane people understand, insane ones keep asking for rebuttals.

While the loss of 24 of our brave boys cannot be replaced, & people might berate me for this, but I see this incident as a 'positive': this incident is a fitting reminder of the deficiencies in our 'system', in our country as a whole, & what needs to be done to rectify the situation.

Pakistan must get the energy the IP pipeline would provide, and to act as an intermediary between the great SA-Iranian divide would pay rich dividends I agree, but color me sceptical for now.

I don't know how can you say that. Such a scenario is impossible in near future. At best, Pakistan can play as the middleman between trade negotiations of Saudi and Iran - both rich in oil, wonder what would they have to offer each other. (I surely wouldn't advise playing a negotiator on religious issues - that's polonium!)

Secondly, Pakistan should avoid becoming the face of one rival to another. It did so in Afghanistan war... Unless played with sparkling genius, such a game can turn very ugly for Pakistan.

Thirdly, we should understand the sway of the US in Sunni majority states. US is their friend, a powerful friend. Will the US allow KSA and others to give a demonized Iran a breathing space? I doubt it.

Lastly, will the oil coming from Iran through IP pipeline, be as cheap as the subsidized one that comes from KSA? The cost of gas burdened by the people of Pakistan is because of the taxes. Otherwise, it still comes at much cheaper rates.

I think we should talk about pipelines only after the pipes have started working and benefiting people unhindered for 2 years at the least.

This is the logic of international geopolitics, the same that Agnostic Muslim cannot comprehend either, so you are in good company.

Sadly, I understand it only too well and will continue to try to explain it as best as I can.
The 'logic' of international geo-politics you support is the same as the 'logic' of slavery/feudalism.

The question is not one of 'understanding the logic of international geopolitics', but of whether Pakistan should simply accept 'the ground realities', or actively seek to change them with whatever means it can.

Your position is akin to the 'slave' giving up all hope for 'resistance' in order to end slavery.

Sorry, not every Pakistani is willing to be a Western boot licking slave such as yourself.

While the loss of 24 of our brave boys cannot be replaced, & people might berate me for this, but I see this incident as a 'positive': this incident is a fitting reminder of the deficiencies in our 'system', in our country as a whole, & what needs to be done to rectify the situation.

What do you find "postive" about the incident.If this incident has proved anything,its that we have not learned from our mistakes(the obl raid,frequent NATO incursions ,Shamsi still under US control).

any news on what type of planes NATO sent to kill pakistani soldiers?
kyani has already said that pakistani soldiers at border posts should take action if similar situation arises in future.....that means the soldiers are now allowed to fire at planes and helicopters?
now the big question.......are they trained and equipped to shoot down helivopters if this hapoens again?
which i assume will happen sometime soon.
as no guarantees or promises from nato can be trusted...they talk from tjeir back sides.

The 'logic' of international geo-politics you support is the same as the 'logic' of slavery/feudalism.

The question is not one of 'understanding the logic of international geopolitics', but of whether Pakistan should simply accept 'the ground realities', or actively seek to change them with whatever means it can.

Your position is akin to the 'slave' giving up all hope for 'resistance' in order to end slavery.

Sorry, not every Pakistani is willing to be a Western boot licking slave such as yourself.

But to demand 'equality' at international level, among the comity of nations, nations (in this case Pakistan) must be strong & united internally. Is Pakistan ?

Being seriously fractured internally along ethnic,religious,sectarian lines and with a very weak law & order enforcement it is but natural not many take Pakistan seriously. If Pakistan demands to be treated on par with other nations, it needs iron out its domestic issues first...and that is only the beginning.

I don't know how can you say that. Such a scenario is impossible in near future. At best, Pakistan can play as the middleman between trade negotiations of Saudi and Iran - both rich in oil, wonder what would they have to offer each other. (I surely wouldn't advise playing a negotiator on religious issues - that's polonium!)

Secondly, Pakistan should avoid becoming the face of one rival to another. It did so in Afghanistan war... Unless played with sparkling genius, such a game can turn very ugly for Pakistan.

Thirdly, we should understand the sway of the US in Sunni majority states. US is their friend, a powerful friend. Will the US allow KSA and others to give a demonized Iran a breathing space? I doubt it.

Lastly, will the oil coming from Iran through IP pipeline, be as cheap as the subsidized one that comes from KSA? The cost of gas burdened by the people of Pakistan is because of the taxes. Otherwise, it still comes at much cheaper rates.

I think we should talk about pipelines only after the pipes have started working and benefiting people unhindered for 2 years at the least.

... which is why I also said "but color me skeptical for now".

Ignoring the unnecessary insult not expected from someone in your position on PDF at least, do you really see hope and energy and resistance rising in Pakistan anytime soon, with special reference to the present incident as a trigger?

Already, negotiations are underway to continue use of Shamsi AFB, and the "permanent" blockage may be only for 10 days.

You words may appear nobler and more idealistic than my brunt pragmatic ones, but facts do support my position more than yours, Sir.

can anybody confirm if the cutting NATO routes are 'permanent' or not, and if yes then why the trucks are on the standby position??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom