What's new

Altaf hussain threatens again

Unlike popular belief where a Dark brown short stature guy eating paan is taken as Mohajir icon..they too are a mix of as many different looks as the rest of the country...
The blanket term Mohajir is for people of various backgrounds with different cultures and different languages who came to Pakistan as Muslims..
It was in itself a feat to unite these people.
MQM origins were humble and based on sincerity towards mohajirs , but later the theory was hijacked,their leaders got drunk with power and resorted to violence because they could...
A trend they retain to this day...

Come to think of it , MQM has indeed united mohajirs and has given them an identity.....but that was not supposed to happen.

I am not muhajir but i was born and raised in Karachi, i know many of my muhajir friends and their family who were not supporting MQM this time, infact one of my friend told me Nazimabad a garh of MQM there was about 50,000 votes for PTI, if there were fair election i think MQM would only get 4 seats maximum, but people of karachi are now fed up i think they not going to vote again because its no use, elections should be free and fair.

Perception is being spread ........ PTI can win just two seat with 50% chance not more than it ... NA 250 & NA 253 & nothing else ... But it is reality that PTI is made 2nd largest party of Karachi & totally wiped out to JI ... I admit it could become bigger threat to MQM in future ..................

Come to think of it , MQM has indeed united mohajirs and has given them an identity.....but that was not supposed to happen.
It was supposed to happen as thats what people called Mohajirs were looking for.
Pakistan is still a young country...give it another few decades and may be...just may be we will start forgetting our ethnic origins and unite as Pakistanis..but thats not something happening right now and all ethnicity including mohajirs need an ethnic representation and MQM is doing just that.
You can say proudly you are a Pathan and you can say that anywhere in the country without attracting snide comments and bad looks..But a Mohajir cant say that he/she is a Mohajir without risking racist comments and disgusting looks..Seen that myself.
But Only in Karachi they can shout at the top of their voice "Jiye mohajir" without fearing insults or harm.... while you can stand in the middle of a round about and shout all day "Jiye pathan".

So there is the difference and the need of an organization protecting their ethnic identity while uniting them.

5ahs87.png

:disagree:

Unlike popular belief where a Dark brown short stature guy eating paan is taken as Mohajir icon..they too are a mix of as many different looks as the rest of the country...
The blanket term Mohajir is for people of various backgrounds with different cultures and different languages who came to Pakistan as Muslims..
It was in itself a feat to unite these people.
MQM origins were humble and based on sincerity towards mohajirs , but later the theory was hijacked,their leaders got drunk with power and resorted to violence because they could...
A trend they retain to this day...

MQM didnt get hijacked, MQM was made to resort to violance because of things like army and authority negligence towards qasba massacre where the illegal afghan immigrant ruthlessly massacred mohajirs and then ten year state run army operation against MQM

there is a mountain of distrust between the karachiites and the land beyond

and last but not the least no body has ever cared about karachi, only MQM showed it cared karachi, karachi generates 70% revenue and in return gets scraps

MQM didnt get hijacked, MQM was made to resort to violance because of things like army and authority negligence towards qasba massacre where the illegal afghan immigrant ruthlessly massacred mohajirs and then ten year state run army operation against MQM

there is a mountain of distrust between the karachiites and the land beyond

and last but not the least no body has ever cared about karachi, only MQM showed it cared karachi, karachi generates 70% revenue and in return gets scraps

The violence MQM unleashed was disproportionate and even killed mohajirs themselves and thousands of them...So i am not sure what they got out of it.
I was in Karachi in early/mid 90s and saw all that...MQM bullet didnt discriminate between mohajir and non mohajir while ANP bullet was only for mohajirs...

Army action was needed and all those gang leaders nurtured by MQM were gotten rid of..
Even today if you go to Durban in south Africa , try to find a restaurant called "Bismillah Hotel" and you will find dozens of ex-MQM gangsters there...Those who ran away from Army operation and now leading a peaceful life...They would have become cannon fodder if Army hadn't carried out the operation...So it wasn't bad,it was good...it tamed an unruly violent party and benefited MQM.

some people of others too ...... But not in majority ...........

Only at gun point.....
While only criminal badmaash from other ethnicities join MQM, bhata and killings are fun for them and MQM provides greatest plateform for that...
The poor and lower middle class mohajirs may have genuine devotion for MQM...But sophohisticated and educated upper class and wealthy mohajirs (so called burgers) definately wont associate themeselves with lowly MQM, they belong to PTI....

Back
Top Bottom