What's new

Alleged blasphemy: Mob burns 100 Christian homes in Lahore

Status
Not open for further replies.
518244-lahorechristianhousesfire-1362821887-921-640x480.jpg

LAHORE: Around 100 houses belonging to the Christian community were vandalised and burnt by a mob in Badami Bagh area of Lahore on Saturday over alleged blasphemy committed by a Christian man, reported Express News.
SSP Operations Suhail Sukhera and the SHO of Badami Bagh were also reportedly injured when the mob pelted a police party with stones.
On Friday, a mob of almost 3,000 people forced the Christian community to flee for their lives, leaving behind their houses and possessions unprotected.
The charged group had gathered around Joseph Colony on Noor Road, led by Shafiq Ahmed, who was in search of the accused Savan, alias Bubby. The mob then attacked Savan’s house, setting it on fire and pelting it with stones. Other houses in the locality – home to about 150 Christian families – were also attacked. Many residents, including women and children, hastily fled to save themselves.
Savan has been arrested and shifted to an undisclosed location.

WTF is happening in Lahore ??

P.S. I know Indian opening Thread on Pakistan's issues is not allowed but this is something insane !!

The person who comitted blashmey should be be killed by government but those who burnt the houses of innoncent people who had nothing to do with it they should be thrown in Jail for at least 10 years and their wealth should be used to re build the homes they burnt

The moment one hears something ''insulting'' and one reacts with anger and bloodshot eyes, its 1) conditioning since childhood. 2) mob mentality and 3) lack of critical thinking education.

Religion fundamentally and officially promotes this by 1) obligatory training since childhood, 2) by organizing in mobs and 3) by terming critical thinking ''blasphemy'' and forcing to believe ancient books as ''gods'' word.

Hence all the apologists saying this is not linked to religion are offering really lame excuses without understanding how these things are an outcome even if not a direct prescription. But then these apologists are victims of all of the above too.

Tameez and respect of other religions is not being thought by some Mullahs. This needs to be corrected.

People of other faith are not evil people.

over 50 idiot attackers have been arrested who were framed by camera footage and identified by victims.

time to make these bassstards an example.
time to stop giving free hands to so-called "Muslims"

over 50 idiot attackers have been arrested who were framed by camera footage and identified by victims.

time to make these bassstards an example.
time to stop giving free hands to so-called "Muslims"

Agreed.
But at the same time minorities should stop provoking muslims by Insulting our religious icons.
Them being born in Pakistan and being Pakistanis should have known that.

Agreed.
But at the same time minorities should stop provoking muslims by Insulting our religious icons.

in 99% of these cases the allegations against minorities are false.

in this case the two idiots (the attacker and the victim) a Muslim and a Christian Pakistani both were drunk and close friends they had a querl over some petty issue and thus the entire drama took place.

so mostly these Pakistanis do not provoke majority Pakistanis but its mostly case of settling scores by majority section.

time to stop misuse of the "law"

I just need all of them hanged up immediately as soon as possible all of those who are involved in this....:angry:
This can be a political trap against PML-N as after this act all PPP personal are openly blamming them....:thinktank:
Well we need to crush this sort of thinking...:sick:

So @Developereo is right ! This should be, in my humble opinion, a three stage process :

(a) Using the Media to shape public narrative in our favor, in the virtue of what we're about to do !

(b) Targeted Operations against these elements irrespective of their ethnic or sectarian affiliations along with De-Radicalization classes for those of them who we think can be brought back to our side. Kill the rest !

(c) Get every single religious seminary in Pakistan registered; get all their funding down to the last penny accounted for & get them to teach a Government sponsored curriculum ! Be smart about it - Carrot & Sticks mate....carrots & sticks !

It's not just my view, this is essentially what Imran Khan proposes and that's why the educated moderates support him over either extreme.

We are against lawlessness by either side.
We will not tolerate the jihadis killing anyone whom they deem wajib-ul-qatl.
Nor will we massacre 15% of our population just because they wear a hijab or have a beard.

We are not motivated by a pathological hatred of Shias or Sunnis, Arbis or Iranians.
We are motivated by love of Pakistan and Pakistanis, and respect for individual human rights.
We do not hold double standards of blowing a gasket over 'Arbi culture' of hijab and beard, while obsequiously pining for Anglo culture of booze and bikinis.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmmmm some political drama also going on seems we need a big danda to put in @$$es of all the sides who are misusing such things.

People protesting against the mob attack on a Christian colony in Lahore broke into a Metro Bus office at Ferozpur Road and damaged property, reported Express News on Sunday.

A large contingent of police present at Ferozpur Road had to resort to shelling tear gas at the protesters to disperse them and stop further damage.

Protests were also held in several other cities including Karachi, Muzzaffargarh, Dera Ghazi Khan, Vehari and Sukkur.

In Gujranwala, demonstrators blocked the Pindi Bypass Chowk, while rallies were taken out in Faisalabad and Sukkur.

The Multan Minorities Alliance also staged a sit-in at Nawan Shehr Chowk.

Police clashed with the protesters in the Saddar area of Karachi and resorted to aerial firing and shelling tear gas at Fawwara Chowk and Zainab Market. Shops in the area were closed after the clash.

Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) leader Raza Haroon visited the protest outside Karachi Press Club where he held the Punjab government responsible for the mob attack.

“I don’t believe that they had any prior information to the incident. It is all a lie. If they had intelligence, then why did they not do anything?” he questioned.

Haroon also urged the chief justice to take suo motu notice of the incident.

An over 3,000-strong mob on March 9 set ablaze more than 150 houses of Christians in the Joseph Colony over alleged blasphemous remarks against Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) by Sawan Masih, a 28-year-old Christian sanitation worker.
Joseph Town backlash: Enraged protesters smash Metro Bus office – The Express Tribune

Agreed.

you wouldnt have been a muslim in the first place if your ancestor hindus had thought in the same manner as you.150 yrs from now all religions wld be dead and buried.so,stop urself identifying with something useless and unworthy.

hmmmmm some political drama also going on seems we need a big danda to put in @$$es of all the sides who are misusing such things.

It's the same thing as LeJ and TTP issuing an open challenge to the Pakistani government.

These gang leaders are giving the finger to law enforcement and making a statement about who actually controls the city.

For non-Muslims, Islam is what Muslims practise. What it is in practise, not what it is supposed to be in theory.

Sir they are some people who really don't know what is Islam and what its teaching.

@KS
OK from this logic I get ....you will be on my side once I kill people blindly and declare myself Hindu?!

Yes..if you go on a rampage spree citing hindu texts as justification and if substantial nuber of Hindus support you for the same, then yes.

I wish what you and @Developereo propose has a chance to succeed, and with all my heart I wish you guys the very best of luck. I on the other hand am a bit more skeptical, I have seen the exact same picture before, it doesn't exactly follow such a civilized script... :D

So @Developereo is right ! This should be, in my humble opinion, a three stage process :

(a) Using the Media to shape public narrative in our favor, in the virtue of what we're about to do !

(b) Targeted Operations against these elements irrespective of their ethnic or sectarian affiliations along with De-Radicalization classes for those of them who we think can be brought back to our side. Kill the rest !

(c) Get every single religious seminary in Pakistan registered; get all their funding down to the last penny accounted for & get them to teach a Government sponsored curriculum ! Be smart about it - Carrot & Sticks mate....carrots & sticks !

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom