What's new

ALL Xinjiang related issues e.g. uyghur people, development, videos etc, In here please.

An Independent East Turkestan will be bad for Pakistan

• Yes

Votes: 64 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 55 46.2%

• Total voters
This was originally my idea regarding the multitude of videos, debates , news etc about the region.

I'm bringing this back.

From now on it all goes in here please otherwise it will be deleted with no warning given.
Thank you.

No it hasn't stop, tarring us with unfair accusations.

I've told you now what is to happen to all these threads.
Haters gonna hate, they attack China in all China related threads, not just about Xinjiang, so putting all Xinjiang topics in one thread won't help.

There's restriction but no oppression or persecution, there's restriction in Muslim countries to none Muslims too.

The most important thing Muslim or none Muslim are equal in China, are Muslim countries giving equality to none Muslims?

Of course we bring relatively similar right and equality, in Indonesia non Muslim has many right. In here, Indonesia, their kid can practice and learn their religion freely. They can also build their school based on their religion like Christian primary school and so on. It is basic human right and we respect it.

Of course we bring relatively similar right and equality, in Indonesia non Muslim has many right. In here, Indonesia, their kid can practice and learn their religion freely. They can also build their school based on their religion like Christian primary school and so on. It is basic human right and we respect it.

Pancasila :tup:

At least there are restrictions for Chinese language and religion in Indonesia.
And I would like to know the situation in other Muslim countries, especially the attitude to atheists and gender equality.

And I would like to know the situation in other Muslim countries, especially the attitude to atheists and gender equality.

Since 2001, Indonesia presiden Abdurrahman Wahid , had abolished anti China discrimination laws. Indonesia Chinese can have their own China names, can have identity cards, can joint the government, police and military , entering public school, received Social funds for poor China Indonesian and receiving benefit of Universal healthcare system.

There is no restriction on religion, even China New year is National Holiday beside Idul Fitri, Christmas, Vesak and so on.

for the language, the only official language is Bahasa Indonesia, and even we are discriminating against our own local language like Javanese, Sunda, Batak and so on so what about Chinese Hokien or Mandarin. It just we are not forbid them to release Mandarin journal or News in TV, but we are not encouraged them to do so.

Nope. There is no restriction on Chinese language. School language here can offer Mandarin lesson as well. Even one of our best university (state owned), University of Indonesia offer college degree for Mandarin and one of my high school friend attended the school.

Atheist Chinese can live in Indonesia and register themselves as Kong Hu Cu (Confucius) believer as we know Confucius is not even a religion and only a philosophy, but somehow we accepted it as part of official religion in Indonesia since early 2000.

Gender equality ???? Indonesia has women President in early 2000 (Megawati) and now the chairman of our parliament is also a women. Puan Maharani.

Puan Maharani (current Parliamentary Chairman)
Puan-Maharani-640x435.jpg

All Muslim nations have practice freedom of religion since the birth of Islam. No compulsion in Islam and it is stated clearly in Quran. Egypt until this day has huge portion of Christian believer (10 percent) and so Lebanon. Other Muslim nation like Iraq, Turkey, Marocco also still have non Muslim population. The only limitation is only for two Holly Muslim places which is Makah and Medinah in which only Muslim who can enter the city.

Quran. AlBaqarah verse 256

There shall be no compulsion in the religion. The right course has become clear from the wrong. So whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold with no break in it. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing.

Stop making blanket statements about Muslim countries without facts. This is Islamophobia.

If you want to learn about Muslim countries, you can easily ask us. Here, you have Pakistanis, Indonesians, Turks, Iranians, BDs, Afghans, etc.

There is no excuse for ignorance.

Nope. There is no restriction on Chinese language. School language here can offer Mandarin lesson as well. Even one of our best university (state owned), University of Indonesia offer college degree for Mandarin and one of my high school friend attended the school.

LOL. If there are no restriction, then tell me why is it that Chinese in Indonesia can't speak any Chinese fluently?

I have travelled around all over Asia and every Chinese know Indonesian Chinese can't speak Chinese.

Atheist Chinese can live in Indonesia and register themselves as Kong Hu Cu (Confucius) believer as we know Confucius is not even a religion and only a philosophy, but somehow we accepted it as part of official religion in Indonesia since early 2000.

Gender equality ???? Indonesia has women President in early 2000 (Megawati) and now the chairman of our parliament is also a women. Puan Maharani.

Puan Maharani (current Parliamentary Chairman)
Puan-Maharani-640x435.jpg

All Muslim nations have practice freedom of religion since the birth of Islam. No compulsion in Islam and it is stated clearly in Quran. Egypt until this day has huge portion of Christian believer (10 percent) and so Lebanon. Other Muslim nation like Iraq, Turkey, Marocco also still have non Muslim population. The only limitation is only for two Holly Muslim places which is Makah and Medinah in which only Muslim who can enter the city.

Quran. AlBaqarah verse 256

There shall be no compulsion in the religion. The right course has become clear from the wrong. So whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold with no break in it. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing.

Looks better than before and some Muslim countries.
But I still worry about, some politicians always promote populism, extremists harass none Muslims, the rights written on the paper is not on the ground. The law can't pulish the mass.

Female politicians don't mean that ordinary female have equal rights.

Stop making blanket statements about Muslim countries without facts. This is Islamophobia.

If you want to learn about Muslim countries, you can easily ask us. Here, you have Pakistanis, Indonesians, Turks, Iranians, BDs, Afghans, etc.

There is no excuse for ignorance.

Glad to hear about the facts not the blanket statement of islamophobia.

How can you make blanket insults on all Muslims? What kind of outdated mindset is this?

This thread is to discuss Uyghurs, not to host your diatribes against Islam and Muslims.

I have reported your nonsense.

LOL. If there are no restriction, then tell me why is it that Chinese in Indonesia can't speak any Chinese fluently?

I have travelled around all over Asia and every Chinese know Indonesian Chinese can't speak Chinese.

Did you watch the video until finish ? There you go, you will find out that it is impractical to use Mandarin in Indonesia since every body speak Bahasa Indonesia. Even that lady refuse to learn Mandarin when her mother try to get her to learn Mandarin in language school. I think it describes all other Chinese Indonesian as well when they were still kids. They dont get the urge to learn Mandarin like Chinese Malaysian do. It is also because our society is more united and not divided like Malaysian.

Those Chinese also love Bahasa Indonesia just like being revealed by her since it is a simple and easy language and it is neutral as well that make us easy to speak other language like English and Arabic fluently. You can tell it on how easy we can understand her English.

Yup, Chinese school is banned in Indonesia. Every school must use Bahasa Indonesia on their teaching. Similar way there is no Javanese school, Minang School, Batak school, Sundanese school either here. But of course for international community there are Korean/Japanese/English school in here, particularly in Jakarta.

Chinese Indonesian is more nationalistic than other Chinese living in other SEA nations. Deal with it.

Regardless of that there is still one misinformation here. It is wrong to say that you can die if you use Chinese language (Mandarine/Cantonese/etc) during Soeharto regime. It is utterly nonsense. Here @Brainsucker, our Chinese Indonesian friend who live under Soeharto regime can explain it to you.

Anyway stressing more on the information given by her that Indonesian is a neutral language (and also beautiful) that make it easy to speak other language more easily and because of that many Indonesian ethnics including Chinese ethnic like the language can be seen in this video. Some even can speak English using different version like Indian/British. My younger sister can also speak English using both American and British accent even though live in Jakarta since birth. Younger generation can even speak English even better due to the influence of satellite TV who airs program like CNN/HBO/ and others. We also dont have any difficulty in reading Quran and Indonesian are good Quran reciter even some of them are world winner Quran reciter.

Last edited:
Did you watch the video until finish ? There you go, you will find out that it is impractical to use Mandarin in Indonesia since every body speak Bahasa Indonesia. Even that lady refuse to learn Mandarin when her mother try to get her to learn Mandarin in language school. I think it describes all other Chinese Indonesian as well when they were still kids. They dont get the urge to learn Mandarin like Chinese Malaysian do. It is also because our society is more united and not divided like Malaysian.

Those Chinese also love Bahasa Indonesia just like being revealed by her since it is a simple and easy language and it is neutral as well that make us easy to speak other language like English and Arabic fluently. You can tell it on how easy we can understand her English.

Yup, Chinese school is banned in Indonesia. Every school must use Bahasa Indonesia on their teaching. Similar way there is no Javanese school, Minang School, Batak school, Sundanese school either here. But of course for international community there are Korean/Japanese/English school in here, particularly in Jakarta.

Chinese Indonesian is more nationalistic than other Chinese living in other SEA nations. Deal with it.

Regardless of that there is still one misinformation here. It is wrong to say that you can die if you use Chinese language (Mandarine/Cantonese/etc) during Soeharto regime. It is utterly nonsense. Here @Brainsucker, our Chinese Indonesian friend who live under Soeharto regime can explain it to you.

Anyway stressing more on the information given by her that Indonesian is a neutral language and because of that many Indonesian ethnics including Chinese ethnic like the language can be seen in this video. Some even can speak English using different version like Indian/British. My younger sister can also speak English using both American and British accent even though live in Jakarta since birth. Younger generation can even speak English even better due to the influence of satellite TV who airs program like CNN/HBO/ and others.

The girl with the name Nazneen looks purely Indian to me, also only one girl (Shehnaz) has epicanthic eye folds. Is this common in Indonesia?

Back
Top Bottom