What's new

ALL Xinjiang related issues e.g. uyghur people, development, videos etc, In here please.

An Independent East Turkestan will be bad for Pakistan

• Yes

Votes: 64 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 55 46.2%

• Total voters
The girl with the name Nazneen looks purely Indian to me, also only one girl (Shehnaz) has epicanthic eye folds. Is this common in Indonesia?

Yup those two have some Pakistani blood. Pakistani/Indian descend do exist but not as many as Arab/Chinese descend here. I have some Arab Indonesian and Chinese Indonesian friend at school but never have any Pakistani/Indian descend. Usually Indian descend (Hindu) live in North Sumatra. And this is why one of Puteri Indonesia candidate (our beauty pageant) who represent North Sumatra is Indian descend. Unfortunately she doesnt win.

Jessica Fitriana. Third winner of Puteri Indonesia 2019 also mix Indonesian-Pakistan

36a04ef4-84ec-4079-bebb-680ae2e3c237.jpeg

There are Indian descent conglomerates as well like the one who own Indorama (textile) and IM Texmaco (Heavy Engineering).

Punjabi families are also well known in Film and soap opera industry as producers

Amrit Punjabi (MVP Picture production house)

Based on the DNA finding, Indonesia do have some significant amount of DNA from Southern Asia, even the percentage is bigger then Middle East and East Asian percentage. Maybe it is due to ancient immigration. Even my sister daughter look Indian even though both her and her husband are native. She has big eyes and many think she is like Indian kid.

upload_2020-5-11_16-54-42.png

https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/reference-populations-next-gen/

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-11_16-52-40.png
    upload_2020-5-11_16-52-40.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 11
Usually Indian descend (Hindu) live in North Sumatra. And this is why one of Puteri Indonesia candidate (our beauty pageant) who represent North Sumatra is Indian descend. Unfortunately she doesnt win.
I thought Hindus lived only in Bali, thanks for the info. Also, Meghna Sharma (name of that pageant) is a purely Indian name.
Based on the DNA finding, Indonesia do have some significant amount of DNA from Southern Asia, even the percentage is bigger then Middle East and East Asian percentage. Maybe it is due to ancient immigration. Even my sister daughter look Indian even though both her and her husband are native. She has big eyes and many think she is like Indian kid.
That's why you're called "Indo-nesia" :enjoy:

I thought Hindus lived only in Bali, thanks for the info. Also, Meghna Sharma (name of that pageant) is a purely Indian name.

That's why you're called "Indo-nesia" :enjoy:

There are Hindu temple as well in Jakarta

Are you Indian Muslim bro ?

Did you watch the video until finish ? There you go, you will find out that it is impractical to use Mandarin in Indonesia since every body speak Bahasa Indonesia. Even that lady refuse to learn Mandarin when her mother try to get her to learn Mandarin in language school. I think it describes all other Chinese Indonesian as well when they were still kids. They dont get the urge to learn Mandarin like Chinese Malaysian do. It is also because our society is more united and not divided like Malaysian.

Those Chinese also love Bahasa Indonesia just like being revealed by her since it is a simple and easy language and it is neutral as well that make us easy to speak other language like English and Arabic fluently. You can tell it on how easy we can understand her English.

Yup, Chinese school is banned in Indonesia. Every school must use Bahasa Indonesia on their teaching. Similar way there is no Javanese school, Minang School, Batak school, Sundanese school either here. But of course for international community there are Korean/Japanese/English school in here, particularly in Jakarta.

Chinese Indonesian is more nationalistic than other Chinese living in other SEA nations. Deal with it.

Regardless of that there is still one misinformation here. It is wrong to say that you can die if you use Chinese language (Mandarine/Cantonese/etc) during Soeharto regime. It is utterly nonsense. Here @Brainsucker, our Chinese Indonesian friend who live under Soeharto regime can explain it to you.

Anyway stressing more on the information given by her that Indonesian is a neutral language (and also beautiful) that make it easy to speak other language more easily and because of that many Indonesian ethnics including Chinese ethnic like the language can be seen in this video. Some even can speak English using different version like Indian/British. My younger sister can also speak English using both American and British accent even though live in Jakarta since birth. Younger generation can even speak English even better due to the influence of satellite TV who airs program like CNN/HBO/ and others. We also dont have any difficulty in reading Quran and Indonesian are good Quran reciter even some of them are world winner Quran reciter.

I beg to pardon @Indos, but Soeharto really prohibit Chinese language; that's including writing and speaking. You can't even write Huayi (Chinese fonts), when you want to write an address to a letter, when you want to sent a letter to Taiwan or Hongkong. (well, my Great uncle lived in Taiwan, and two of my father's older brothers in Hongkong. So this was my father's own experience). That's because Soeharto accuse China to be involved in G30SPKI.

I don't really know if that prohibition became Undang-Undang or Perpu. Maybe it's not. Maybe it because most Chinese in Java were afraid to speak and write Chinese at that time; after the event of "PKI mass killing in 1965 - 1966". They were afraid to be accused as PKI. Because everything about China were considered as PKI.

But I think, it became more and more lenient with the passage of time. I still remember Hongkong songs became popular around here in '90 era :D Andi Lau was even came to Indonesia, Condor Heroes TV Show became popular here in Television.

But, most Chinese who can't speak Chinese were people who live in Java Island. I still can see people from Sulawesi, Kalimantan, etc speak Chinese, and several other dialectic. Like Hokkien and Hakka. My Javanese friend who worked in Medan became fluent in speaking Hokkien. And he can still speaks Hokkien now, even after return to my town.

I think, even when Chinese were prohibited, you could still learn Chinese at that time, in private study, by private tutor (Because I learn that when I was young). But because it was very seldom to use, only a few people (who have strong Chinese tradition in their family) can really speak Chinese. The others may learn something, but mostly forgot after some passage of time. You simply didn't speak Chinese so often in Indonesia. There was not enough chance to do it.

Last edited:
But I think, it became more and more lenient with the passage of time. I still remember Hongkong songs became popular around here in '90 era :D Andi Lau was even came to Indonesia, Condor Heroes TV Show became popular here in Television.

But, most Chinese who can't speak Chinese were people who live in Java Island. I still can see people from Sulawesi, Kalimantan, etc speak Chinese, and several other dialectic. Like Hokkien and Hakka. My Javanese friend who worked in Medan became fluent in speaking Hokkien. And he can still speaks Hokkien now, even after return to my town.

I think, even when Chinese were prohibited, you could still learn Chinese at that time, in private study, by private tutor (Because I learn that when I was young). But because it was very seldom to use, only a few people (who have strong Chinese tradition in their family) can really speak Chinese. The others may learn something, but mostly forgot after some passage of time. You simply didn't speak Chinese so often in Indonesia.

Yup as I said private tutor or even Private Language school can still provide Mandarin lesson during Soeharto regime and I believe Mandarin are also taught in state owned universities like University of Indonesia even during Soeharto regime.

Yup I still remember Ci Pek Tong (Bocah Tua Nakal) :lol:

upload_2020-5-11_20-41-8.jpeg

The Hongkong songs that is popular as far as I know is OST of Condor Heroes that was dubbed by Indonesian singer, Yuni Shara. :)

Wow, I didn't know you had Pakistanis. She looks 100% Pakistani.

What region of your country are they in?

Pakistani I believe scattered through out Indonesia but mostly live in big cities. There is one Pakistani restaurant not far from my place in South Jakarta for instant.

That Pakistani Indonesian beauty contestant is a representative of West Java province. Her father is Pakistani while her mother is native Indonesian (possibly Sundanese)

Some current Indonesian actress with Pakistani blood

Riri Febrian
maxresdefault.jpg

Raline Shah
raline-shah-dfdsfdsferwrwe.jpg

Fairuz A Rafiq (she also has Arab blood)
3219681419.jpg

Marissa Haque (Politician/Parliament member)
marissa-haque-bio-235x300.jpg

Just stop threads like *Uyghur girl praised Xi Xingping as his daddy*, post about Space program, defence, start-up, economy, universities and no one will object.
Are you stupid or something? Who the fk are you to tell us what to post?

Are you stupid or something? Who the fk are you to tell us what to post?
Ok, post about Uyghur girl praising daddy Xingping then. I said the above because the guy was accusing me of hating China regardless of the content. Now, FO.

Ok, post about Uyghur girl praising daddy Xingping then. I said the above because the guy was accusing me of hating China regardless of the content. Now, FO.
Regardless of the issue, you are no one, I repeat NO ONE to tell us what to post and what not to post. Just make sure you don't interfere again ever in our postings.

Regardless of the issue, you are no one, I repeat NO ONE to tell us what to post and what not to post. Just make sure you don't interfere again ever in our postings.
FO, that guy was spamming. And if someone spams again, I will, this is not China where I can be put in camps.

Medics go on grueling trip to give villagers free annual health checks in Xinjiang
In remote Xinjiang, NW China, medics go on a month-long grueling trip to give villagers free health checks. No one is left behind!

Should forcibly integrate these ungrateful like we did with jurchens, Manchurians, Mongols etc.

Most people in Xinjiang are very grateful and thankful about the great prosperity that the government brought to the land, only very very few fanatics tend to stir trouble, with the rapid improvement of the standard of living in Xinjiang , those few fanatics will become a thing of the past. Xinjiang prosper and progress with China and it's unstoppable.

Back
Top Bottom