What's new

All LNG spot cargo sold out, tough winter for Pakistanis

Pakistan had enough/surplus gas production before that. With the ever-increasing demand and depleting reserves LNG import became a necessity.
In a pinch, can't coal be distributed so that people can cook their food?

We slipped with Russia, don't think Iran would be an option. Abu Al-Amerika will not allow it.
Talked to friend in govt. he said, there are many ways, proposal was sent many times for lumber#1 but higher ups shot it down every time for the fear of US, US has spies in offices at the highest level.

Talked to friend in govt. he said, there are many ways, proposal was sent many times for lumber#1 but higher ups shot it down every time for the fear of US, US has spies in offices at the highest level.

That isn't very pleasant; I mentioned in another thread we gave too much-unfettered access to the US to interfere in our internal and external affairs. We never set boundaries that should never be crossed.

That isn't very pleasant; I mentioned in another thread we gave too much-unfettered access to the US to interfere in our internal and external affairs. We never set boundaries that should never be crossed.
Two reasons:
#1. Money buy friends. Not take much to buy someone in 3rd world countries,
#2. Technological advantage. US (NSA) can listen and record, every mobile phone regardless of if it’s turned on or off. As long as their is battery attached to it.

Two reasons:
#1. Money buy friends. Not take much to buy someone in 3rd world countries,
#2. Technological advantage. US (NSA) can listen and record, every mobile phone regardless of if it’s turned on or off. As long as their is battery attached to it.

Until you have a buffer of FOREX reserves like India it will be hard to do anything. We are talking about $80-100 billion buffer here

Until you have a buffer of FOREX reserves like India it will be hard to do anything. We are talking about $80-100 billion buffer here
India is no different than Pakistan when it comes to sellouts and holes in security. Forex isn’t going to resolve embedded corruption.

India is having a hard time getting LNG as well. Indian LNG demand is down % wise almost as much as Pakistan's.

I will say that India's financial system is more developed and sophisticated then Pakistan's. Most Pakistani see stocks as gambling and only invest in real-estate or gold. Pakistani state is no better....always looks to get loans for projects instead of tapping domestic and foreign investors using stock markets. We have ministers recently go to Germany and S. Korea......I bet non discussed investment in LNG plants or pipelines through a publicly listed companies in the KSE. I bet our ministers only talked about debt relief, more loans, aid or weapons.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom