What's new

All LNG spot cargo sold out, tough winter for Pakistanis

The roadblock in the TAPI pipeline is the US pressure rather than Pakistan's animosity with India.

If I am not wrong, Qatar Gas has not defaulted on any shipment. It's the likes of Guvnor and Eni.
"Iran has long harboured LNG export ambitions, as the holder of the world's second-largest natural gas reserves, but while the possible removal of US sanctions could lead Tehran to revive those plans, they would still face many challenges."

Last edited:
Actually, the main issue is India's reluctance to rely on any energy supply that passes through Pakistan, and thus vulnerable. Of course, any major project that excludes such as huge customer as India will not be as profitable. Catch-22.

An issue? Perhaps.

Main issue? Hell no.

So you think India can rely on an energy supply that passes through Pakistan?

Okay, then. :D

I don't think I can elaborate on my comment any more clearly.

So you think Pakistan can rely on an energy supply that passes through Pakistan?

Sui attack: Pipeline blast halts gas supply​

CNG stations and industrial units in the Punjab, KPK lose gas indefinitely.

I don't think I can elaborate on my comment any more clearly.

I don't need any clarification since I have not contested your view. If that is what you think, then so be it. I am cool with that. :D

So you think Pakistan can rely on an energy supply that passes through Pakistan?

Have I made any comment about that at all?

Nothing for Pakistan and delay in the bidding. Coming winters will be very tough. Get ready people. EU bought all before winter due to the Ukraine standoff. Our govt knew this Ukraine war will not end before winter on top of Russia-EU gas line is already a victim of war.

Pakistani are all corrupt Slaves of the Establishment
They don't count.

I feel bad for the European... The Gulf Arabs should really help the European...

long term strategy would have been to co-operate with India and build pipeline with Iran to import natural gas. co-operation with India would have been the only way to fend off American/Saudi pressure. that bus has long gone.

you can try the revival of the TAPI pipeline
Last time when we try to build pipeline with Iran uncle SAM had some serious itching in the a$$.

hajis arae produces more methane than all the cows in the world today! use that! how about haji g gas inc?

I think fear is overblown. Even in war, Why would Pakistan cutoff gas to poor Indian families? Oil and gas depot on ports are also easy target during war.

If there is gas available in Iran, how hard it is to ship it from there? Pipeline is not the only transport. Anyway, I don't see how an Iran-Pakistan pipeline involves India. Also, the distance is short enough that LNG can be brought over road or rail. Heck, some smart entrepreneur can smuggle gas cylinders across the border.

View attachment 886646
Buy at local rate and smuggle cheap oil/gas from Iran. Something lumber # 1 should be facilitating for the country.

Last edited:
Last time when we try to build pipeline with Iran uncle SAM had some serious itching in the a$$.
Covertly Build an underground pipe from petrol station at chabhar to gawadar. Start pumping cheap fuel at Iranian local rate. Pay that fuel station in Iranian currency. No more foreign account deficit

@Genghis khan1

Covertly Build an underground pipe from petrol station at chabhar

And you think the RAW agents teeming around in Chah Bahar wont take notice and report to HQ and Uncle Sam?

Regards
Let mafia run it. Deny on govt level. Smuggling has been going on for decades , but by local borders thugs.

Let mafia run it. Deny that n govt level.

Makes sense. At official level people do deny things. Donald Lu denies having done a regime change but we know what the real truth is.

The problem is Uncle Sam and the RAW agents can blow up the pipeline and as you say deny it at the govt level.

One way out could be to smuggle the stuff in trucks, water tankers etc. Maulana Diesel has a lot of expertise in it

Regards

@Genghis khan1

Covertly Build an underground pipe from petrol station at chabhar

And you think the RAW agents teeming around in Chah Bahar wont take notice and report to HQ and Uncle Sam?

Regards
Problem isn’t raw agents or Uncle Sam. Iranian might notices sudden surge in local demand at chabhar. They wouldn’t want sell their oil/gas so cheap.

One way out could be to smuggle the stuff in trucks, water tankers etc. Maulana Diesel has a lot of expertise in it
No they won’t. First the need to locate it underground. Since distance is so short , directional driller can dig it hundreds of feet underground. Plus, Foreign agents will get caught.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom