What's new

All About ICC Champions Trophy 2009

Who do you think will win the ICC Champion's Trophy 2009

• Total voters
Sorry to India. Take it as a game. Best wishes to Pakistani team. Our prayers are always with them.

England VS Australia today........... hmmm I hope this match will be interesting.......... I support England for todays match.......... :)

Toss will be crucial, says Younis

Friday, October 02, 2009
From our correspondent

JOHANNESBURG: As Pakistan prepare to make their first ever Champions Trophy final, captain Younis Khan admitted the toss would go on to play an important role in the outcome of the match against New Zealand on Saturday (tomorrow).

Younis told 'The News' on Thursday that the Wanderers pitch has proved to be a nightmare for teams batting first. "I think if the wicket plays the way it has been behaving so far, the toss could play an important role in the outcome of the semi. It all depends on who wins the toss and what type of pitch we get for the match. The pitch provides assistance to bowlers and even facing the part-timers becomes all the more difficult," Younis said.

"So it all depends on luck. Which ever team wins the toss would turn out favourite to win the semis. However, we are adamant not to leave everything to luck. We would fight to the end even if we lose on the spin of the coin," he said.

The Pakistan skipper said that he holds New Zealand in high esteem. "The team has been playing good cricket so far in the tournament. I respect the New Zealand team and all those teams who have made it to the semifinals of the Champions Trophy. It has been a challenging tournament and every team making it to the last four has put in a lot of effort."

Younis said he had emerged as the first Pakistan captain to lead the team in the semifinals of the Champions Trophy. "Pakistan have never made it to the semis of the Champions Trophy and this would be the first time during the last 14 years that we are playing in the knock out stages."

He reiterated that his team is here to win the Trophy and would not be content with anything short of title.

"We are just two wins away from winning the event and as such every player is fully geared up to perform to his best."

Victory against Australia in the last pool match would have given Pakistan top spot in Pool A and a chance of playing in the first semi against England at Centurion. On the contrary, it is Australia that would go on to play in the first semi. "There is very little difference in the strengths of all the four teams. In spite of resting some players, we were almost there against Australia in the last match. I think any team can beat the other in the semis and the one that holds on to their nerves better is expected to go ahead."

Toss will be crucial, says Younis

:undecided:
after low scoring games no one can say ausies win this game easily..
the wickets are very seaming if england reaches 220-230 we will have a game on.:coffee:
:undecided:

kiwis always supported PCB we should not use word like BBQ for them they are very good team i hope pakistan will win INSHAHALLAH if ALMIGHTY ALLAH ALOWED US i hope members should pray tehjud today at night for pakistan to win semi final and CT final to give probleums to ICC for doing unfair with pakistan team players in award nice way to answer MUST pray for pakistan ALLAH likes and listen to people those who prays to ALLAH at night and ALLAH always listen to them

England are goign down bad......

They need a performance like what Pakistan did against Aussies.....the need couple of hat-tricks...even that might not save them....

Australia require another 65 runs with 9 wickets and 15.0 overs remaining

Ponting is a superb leader...

today is ausies day ..
they are beating English guys badly ....
40 runs to win in 72 balls look very easy though no one can say any thing as its the game of cricket

We need to approach game by game basis. New Zealand shouldnt' be ignored, we must respect them as a tough opponent, and i am sure Younis have the same thoughts.

Aussie again in the final match vs either NZ/Pak. No way!! :hitwall:

England's history NEVER been to Final....

Dear

I am not mistaken England has been so many times in final but never won.

Statistically it was better if we have them in final but :hitwall:

We need to approach game by game basis. New Zealand shouldnt' be ignored, we must respect them as a tough opponent, and i am sure Younis have the same thoughts.

Dear

You are right they are tough but stats are against them. Theoretically we should win semifinal but Pakistan eleven is considered one of the most unpredictable side in world. They can crush any side and at the same time can be crushed by any side no joke I am dead serious

Back
Top Bottom