What's new

All About ICC Champions Trophy 2009

Who do you think will win the ICC Champion's Trophy 2009

• Total voters
An observation

The 4 semifinalists are the same as 1992 world cup. Also like in 1992, Australia is playing England, while Pakistan take on New Zealand. If it is a repeat, expect Pakistan to lift the cup.

BTW I would rather like to see Pakistan as winners than Australia and as far as I know most cricket fans in India will wish that as since last few years, Indians hate the Aussie cricket team.

Actually in 1992 South Africa was playing England in the Semis.

oh god that was an interesting match indeed when it went so close i was praying that the match is tied :rofl:

first i was supporting Pakistan because i wanted india to join us in semi finals so we have more chances to bring the CT back in South Asia and that will help our cricket boards boost their power in ICC but when it went so close i thought why not this match is drawn :p

Well i was double minded but truely for 95% i was supporting Pakistan because i don't want to see my country losing and also for the first time ever if not all but some of the indians might be praying for Pakistan win and like Dhoni had said he wish we win :D it would have been a great disappointment for indian fans

Well its just a bad luck to India, no problem all my best wishes to Indian team for their next tours (except Pakistan) and hope to see them at Number 2 spot always (Number 1 Pakistan) and let us bring these english teams down to 5 :rofl:

An observation

The 4 semifinalists are the same as 1992 world cup. Also like in 1992, Australia is playing England, while Pakistan take on New Zealand. If it is a repeat, expect Pakistan to lift the cup.

BTW I would rather like to see Pakistan as winners than Australia and as far as I know most cricket fans in India will wish that as since last few years, Indians hate the Aussie cricket team.

correction: it was South Africa vs England

Pakistan played the game in its true spirit. I think we have shown today that we have the moral values which unfortunately some nations lack. We tried our best and enjoyed the game and result was always in the hands of God.

Best of luck Team Pakistan!

Thank U jaunty

You welcome

OF course now that hatred must have increased

No it has nothing to do with today's match. Actually India has been their main rival since 2000. We beat them in test series in 2001 to recapture the border-gavaskar trophy, then they thrashed us in 2003 world cup final. ( that was the beginning of hatred) then we drew with them in test series in Aus to retain BG trophy( only team to do that in a long time and they were at their prime under Waugh), then they came to India and beat us in test to get back BG trophy, we went to Aus in 2007-08, almost win the series. It was the peak of hatred. Mainly the tainted sydney test. we won the ODI tourney, then they came here last year and we won the BG trophy again. So its a long lasting rivalry and so comes the hatred along with it, mainly after Sydeny.

Pakistan has been our prime rival since long but the rivalry lost its aura somewhat in later part of this decade. Now I am sensing a new beginning to it. Which is very good.

oh god that was an interesting match indeed when it went so close i was praying that the match is tied :rofl:

first i was supporting Pakistan because i wanted india to join us in semi finals so we have more chances to bring the CT back in South Asia and that will help our cricket boards boost their power in ICC but when it went so close i thought why not this match is drawn :p

Well i was double minded but truely for 95% i was supporting Pakistan because i don't want to see my country losing and also for the first time ever if not all but some of the indians might be praying for Pakistan win and like Dhoni had said he wish we win :D it would have been a great disappointment for indian fans

Unfortunately we are living in a fool’s paradise if we think that there is something like ‘Sub-Continent brotherhood’ exists. Pakistan has played a fair game. India unfortunately what they have done to Pakistan is not a hidden fact. They were responsible for shifting of WC 2011 from Pakistan.

Pakistan might have lost today but we have shown that when it comes to fair play and moral values we are far ahead than the rest of the world.

correction: it was South Africa vs England

Pakistan played the game in its true spirit. I think we have shown today that we have the moral values which unfortunately some nations lack. We tried our best and enjoyed the game and result was always in the hands of God.

Best of luck Team Pakistan!

Oh.. my bad. I started watching cricket from 1996 only, got the info from some poster in cricinfo.

I knew Pakistan would not let the match go. Even I argued in some other thread yesterday that no true sportsman would do that and they proved my point. Every sportsman plays to win. So I did not have any doubt about Pakistan's spirit and glad I am proven right.

Unfortunately we are living in a fool’s paradise if we think that there is something like ‘Sub-Continent brotherhood’ exists. Pakistan has played a fair game. India unfortunately what they have done to Pakistan is not a hidden fact. They were responsible for shifting of WC 2011 from Pakistan.

Pakistan might have lost today but we have shown that when it comes to fair play and moral values we are far ahead than the rest of the world.

i know that but by winning this match we would have definitely won heart of some of the indian fans :pakistan:

I know they were behind shifting WC2011 but why do we have to take revenge for everything....... our revenge is to win this trophy first that was supposed to be held in Pakistan and then WC2011 where we were the joint partners of that event

\
No it has nothing to do with today's match. Actually India has been their main rival since 2000. We beat them in test series in 2001 to recapture the border-gavaskar trophy, then they thrashed us in 2003 world cup final. ( that was the beginning of hatred) then we drew with them in test series in Aus to retain BG trophy( only team to do that in a long time and they were at their prime under Waugh), then they came to India and beat us in test to get back BG trophy, we went to Aus in 2007-08, almost win the series. It was the peak of hatred. Mainly the tainted sydney test. we won the ODI tourney, then they came here last year and we won the BG trophy again. So its a long lasting rivalry and so comes the hatred along with it, mainly after Sydeny.

Pakistan has been our prime rival since long but the rivalry lost its aura somewhat in later part of this decade. Now I am sensing a new beginning to it. Which is very good.

koi ni, hota ha, sab Chalta ha bus Hosla rakho, anyways is any one seeing WI vs India, i m pretty much sure that if target was near 200 Indian team was doomed once again...

Ricky must have asked Younis before match
"Hey Mr. Younis ... wanna earn some beer money on the side. It's a thing of beauty as you get to send those Indian back where they belong".
:D

Last edited:
I think England in its present form can beat Austrailia.

I still hope for a Pakistan vs. England final.

i know that but by winning this match we would have definitely won heart of some of the indian fans :pakistan:

I know they were behind shifting WC2011 but why do we have to take revenge for everything....... our revenge is to win this trophy first that was supposed to be held in Pakistan and then WC2011 where we were the joint partners of that event

I agree with you that we could have won the hearts of Indian fans but still I doubt about such fantasy. IMO we should not focus on this south Asia thing anymore as no one will be supporting us, only we have to think about ourselves.

South Asian boards should gain power for what? For sidelining Pakistan? For conspiring against Pakistan? for decieving Pakistan? or for back stabbing?

We played our game and lost closely. We might get another chance to snatch the final from Australia.

‘Play fearlessly and fight’ that’s what we want from our team irrespective of winning or losing. Play like ‘cornered tigers’.

congrats to pakistan and hard luck for india...

but i just want to add my two cents here...

if match btw pak and nzl get washed out then nzl will go to the finals because there is no reserve day and NZL is the leauge champion...

so... there can be a big soooo....

:D:smitten:

Back
Top Bottom