What's new

Algerians eat lunch in Ramadan protest

livingdead

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India

A group of Algerians have publically eaten lunch during Ramadan to demonstrate against the persecution of people who do not observe the religious fast.

Around 300 people in the north of the country made the protest, knowing there can be serious consequences for not fasting during the Muslim holy month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Persecuting those who don't fast or eat in public is just preposterous, fasting is about tolerance not otherwise.

not surprising coming from someone who has avatar of the secular "quaid"

Speaking your mind is a thing but speaking in the name of Islam is an another. It's very serious to talk in the name of Islam.

Does Islam tell them to persecute people who don't want to fast, or the non muslims?
How does someone else eating food affects their fasting when their fast is not being violated ?

Does Islam tell them to persecute people who don't want to fast, or the non muslims?
How does someone else eating food affects their fasting when their fast is not being violated ?
Bro,
From where did you get the persecution thingy?
Another thing, those are Muslims in a very conservative area in Algeria, they are ust defying the public. They could just do whatever they want in private not in public in a Muslim society. There is sth called "The Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice".

Anyway, my point is that you can express your opinion without involving Islam in it unless you are 100% sure. If everyone is willing to interpret Islam from his point of view then it will be messed up.

Bro,
From where did you get the persecution thingy?
Another thing, those are Muslims in a very conservative area in Algeria, they are ust defying the public. They could just do whatever they want in private not in public in a Muslim society. There is sth called "The Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice".

Anyway, my point is that you can express your opinion without involving Islam in it unless you are 100% sure. If everyone is willing to interpret Islam from his point of view then it will be messed up.

Its not my opinion, that is the problem. It is those who judge and even violate others freedoms than justify it through Islam which gives Islam a bad repute...that is my problem.

Speaking your mind is a thing but speaking in the name of Islam is an another. It's very serious to talk in the name of Islam.

I have a lot of friends here who not only eat but drink during this period
They just fast on Fridays

Its their personal choice you cannot for Muslim/Non Muslim to fast if he is not wiling to do so

Its not my opinion, that is the problem. It is those who judge and even violate others freedoms than justify it through Islam which gives Islam a bad repute...that is my problem.

Dear...just for curiosity i am asking........during fasting...in Pakistan.....can people smoke out side on street,restaurant and cafe usually open or close during day time?.........
when i was in Bangladesh........people really mind if you smoke out side on street on day time......also almost all restaurant usually closed during day time.........so during fasting month ...when we use to go out side in Bangladesh......we avoid smoking and eating..........

but in Jakarta......no buddy bother about ...........those who are fasting they follow discipline..........but doesn't force any buddy

Back
Top Bottom