3841890785_75640a0edb.jpg

3836720146_4fb2d1d8b1.jpg

3841891389_d750e41987.jpg

4125057309_247cd07916.jpg

3842683846_faae0fd84f.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

x610.jpg

I think this opinion to be very ignorant. everywhere in the world has its problems with terrorism and stuff. not long ago london had bombs set off on their buses also and everyone was panic stricken. if we all have the negative view on the world and dont open are eyes to ignorance just because of a different culture how you expect humans to carry on living? it is the ignorant views of people like yourself who contribute to these problems.

i think you are a bit too harsh on me personally. I agree you with you in your response and I don't think I hid my ignorance in my post and that's why I said that times have changed for Algeria. I simply did not keep up with the changed times until your posted here. Similarly is problem with some central American countries like Nicaragua who are still suffering from the 'image' problem.

As you know, we Pakistanis currently have a huge 'image' problem. Part of it is justified. But, like Algeria, Sri Lanka, Nicaragua etc we too will come out of it.

Anyway, keep up the good work. You have already convinced me to put Algeria as one of the top spots to visit one day. Your's is a wonderful country not only because of natural beauty because of a rich culture. AND it is not yet a tourist-trap! The images show a relaxed, unhurried, and less touristy place. Good!

algerian bro i want to ask you something , when i was talking to my algerian friend about ottoman , algeria , politics etc about both our countries , he said to me did you know that 10% of algeria is turks , i was quite suprised , i did a bit of research and on wiki i saw this.

Turks in Algeria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to the Turkish Embassy in Algeria, Turkish estimates suggest that there is between 600,000-700,000 people of Turkish origin living in Algeria, however, according to the French Embassy the Turkish population is about 2 million.[1] In 1953, Sabri Hizmetli suggested that people of Turkish origin make up 25% of Algeria's total population.[4] However, a report by the Oxford Business Group in 2008 stated a more prudent estimate, suggesting that people of Turkish descent make up 5% of Algeria's total population;[2] according to the report, in 2006, Algeria's population was 34.8 million which would place the population of the Turkish minority at about 1,740,000.[2] An article by the Zaman newspaper in 2007 stated that Turks formed 10% of Algeria's 33.3 million inhabitants, accounting to 3,300,000 people of Turkish origin.[3] As of 2012, Algeria's National Office of Statistics has placed the country's total population at 37.1 million.[20]
[edit]Areas of settlement
The Turkish minority mainly live in the big cities,[2] they have traditionally had a strong presence, and have made up the majority of, Tlemcen’s population.[21] The community has also had notable populations in cities such as Biskra, Zammora in Kabylie, Oued Zitoun[22] and Médéa[23]
[edit]Diaspora
There are many Algerian Turks who have emigrated to other countries and hence make up part of Algeria's diaspora; for example, there is a noticeable Algerian community of Turkish descent living in England.[24] Many Algerians attend the Suleymaniye Mosque which is owned by the British-Turkish community.[25] France, Germany, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Canada, and Spain are also top receiving countries of Algerian citizens.[26]

can you explain a bit more bro , do you have any more info.

these are the notable people

Isabelle Adjani, actress[27][28]
Mohamed Bencheneb, writer[29]
Mustapha Haciane, poet[30]
Messali Hadj, politician[31][32]
Mohammed Racim, artist[33]
Hamdan Khodja, scholar and merchant[34]
Ahmed Tewfik El Madani, politician[35]

algerian bro i want to ask you something , when i was talking to my algerian friend about ottoman , algeria , politics etc about both our countries , he said to me did you know that 10% of algeria is turks , i was quite suprised , i did a bit of research and on wiki i saw this.

Turks in Algeria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to the Turkish Embassy in Algeria, Turkish estimates suggest that there is between 600,000-700,000 people of Turkish origin living in Algeria, however, according to the French Embassy the Turkish population is about 2 million.[1] In 1953, Sabri Hizmetli suggested that people of Turkish origin make up 25% of Algeria's total population.[4] However, a report by the Oxford Business Group in 2008 stated a more prudent estimate, suggesting that people of Turkish descent make up 5% of Algeria's total population;[2] according to the report, in 2006, Algeria's population was 34.8 million which would place the population of the Turkish minority at about 1,740,000.[2] An article by the Zaman newspaper in 2007 stated that Turks formed 10% of Algeria's 33.3 million inhabitants, accounting to 3,300,000 people of Turkish origin.[3] As of 2012, Algeria's National Office of Statistics has placed the country's total population at 37.1 million.[20]
[edit]Areas of settlement
The Turkish minority mainly live in the big cities,[2] they have traditionally had a strong presence, and have made up the majority of, Tlemcen’s population.[21] The community has also had notable populations in cities such as Biskra, Zammora in Kabylie, Oued Zitoun[22] and Médéa[23]
[edit]Diaspora
There are many Algerian Turks who have emigrated to other countries and hence make up part of Algeria's diaspora; for example, there is a noticeable Algerian community of Turkish descent living in England.[24] Many Algerians attend the Suleymaniye Mosque which is owned by the British-Turkish community.[25] France, Germany, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Canada, and Spain are also top receiving countries of Algerian citizens.[26]

can you explain a bit more bro , do you have any more info.

these are the notable people

Isabelle Adjani, actress[27][28]
Mohamed Bencheneb, writer[29]
Mustapha Haciane, poet[30]
Messali Hadj, politician[31][32]
Mohammed Racim, artist[33]
Hamdan Khodja, scholar and merchant[34]
Ahmed Tewfik El Madani, politician[35]

yes , It's trues my friend,they are over than 2 million,you know that Ottoman empire stay in Algeria over 300 years ,it's a long period.
I know a friend who his grand mother from Turkey...There are many Turkish names used frequently like KADEK,TOPAL,HASSAN BAI,DMARJA and also the Algerian use many Turkish words, read this book to know how the Tukish language is used here
http://ia600304.us.archive.org/16/items/motsturksetpersa00bencuoft/motsturksetpersa00bencuoft.pdf

A lovely thread with stunning pictures. I have met many Algerians in my life and my barber is French Algerian and I talk to him often about life in Algeria. A warm and friendly people mashallah.

Back
Top Bottom