What's new

Al-Khalid 2

according to indian army bmp2 in active services are 900 and 100 are added every year and the figure of 700 bmp is also correct , many of this apc are also used as Mortar Carrier
.........................................Field Ambulance
.........................................Akash SAM carrier
.........................................Engineer Recovery Vehicle
.........................................Armoured Amphibious Dozer
.........................................Trishul (SAM) Combat Vehicle
.........................................NAMICA (NAg MIssile CArrier)
.........................................105mm Self Propelled Gun carrier
.........................................Armoured Vehicle Tracked Light Repair

thier are not added and also some vintage ot-64

I strongly disagree that the Al-Khalid 2 needs an NBC kit. This does not and should not fit in Pakistan's nuclear deterence strategy. It is far more cost effective to use extra resources in upgrading nuclear forces to survive a prememptive nuclear strike and still be able to deliver nuclear weapons into the civilian centers of India.

Being able to survive and fight post-nuclear exchange leads to an increasingly unstable situation. That is, the use of resources to survive a nuclear attack leads to an increase in the probability of nuclear war.

Furthemore it is prohibitively expensive to protect civilian and military forces against nuclear attack compared to the much smaller cost of delivering a nuclear blow. Therefore scarce funds should be use to make ballistic missiles and nuclear capable aircraft nuclear proof by using dispersal and underground storage.

The Al-Khalid tank should only be equiped to fight in conventional war.

Originally posted by sigatoka@Oct 29 2005, 12:20 AM
I strongly disagree that the Al-Khalid 2 needs an NBC kit. This does not and should not fit in Pakistan's nuclear deterence strategy. It is far more cost effective to use extra resources in upgrading nuclear forces to survive a prememptive nuclear strike and still be able to deliver nuclear weapons into the civilian centers of India.

Being able to survive and fight post-nuclear exchange leads to an increasingly unstable situation. That is, the use of resources to survive a nuclear attack leads to an increase in the probability of nuclear war.

Furthemore it is prohibitively expensive to protect civilian and military forces against nuclear attack compared to the much smaller cost of delivering a nuclear blow. Therefore scarce funds should be use to make ballistic missiles and nuclear capable aircraft nuclear proof by using dispersal and underground storage.

The Al-Khalid tank should only be equiped to fight in conventional war.
[post=1629]Quoted post[/post]​

OK, that's retarded, how do you make an unconventional tank? Please explain.

Originally posted by Elitecommando@Nov 9 2005, 03:05 AM
Is there any tank which match up with Al Khalid MBT. :reading1:
[post=2588]Quoted post[/post]​

You mean defeat it? If so, then there's the M1A2SEP, the Leapord IIA6, the Leclerc, the Challenger I/II, the T-90 possilby, Merkava Mk4, Type-98G, and K-1A1.

Originally posted by Kim Jong-il Hater@Nov 9 2005, 09:35 PM
You mean defeat it? If so, then there's the M1A2SEP, the Leapord IIA6, the Leclerc, the Challenger I/II, the T-90 possilby, Merkava Mk4, Type-98G, and K-1A1.
[post=2603]Quoted post[/post]​

The K1A1 is a little downgraded version of the M1A1 but not by alot it still is a very deadly tank. The t-90 wouldnt stand the slightest of chance against the al-khalid...the al-khlaid corperates technology from british and french tanks and compbined them. I would put the al-khalid in the class of the leclerc cause its a medium weight deadly tank

Originally posted by Kim Jong-il Hater@Nov 10 2005, 03:35 AM
[post=2603]Quoted post[/post]​

which countries use these tanks??

Originally posted by Owais@Nov 11 2005, 10:14 AM
which countries use these tanks??
[post=2701]Quoted post[/post]​

Type-98 - I dont think Type-98 is superior to Al-Khalid.

K1 - Japanese tank, suitable for Japanese tactic only.

Merkava - Now this is a good tank. Isreali tank, comparable to the modern tanks. :)

Challenger 2 -British tank looks good and is in class of modern american tank as well as good as like Al-Khalid, can be better though in electronics etc.

Originally posted by WebMaster@Dec 20 2005, 04:23 PM
Type-98 - I dont think Type-98 is superior to Al-Khalid.

K1 - Japanese tank, suitable for Japanese tactic only.

Merkava - Now this is a good tank. Isreali tank, comparable to the modern tanks. :)

Challenger 2 -British tank looks good and is in class of modern american tank as well as good as like Al-Khalid, can be better though in electronics etc.
[post=4620]Quoted post[/post]​

Merkava and Challenger 2 are one of the best now. How come Al-Khalid can even match up with these other high class western type tanks? I think its impossible. :huh:

basically, we need to get the best stuff from Chinese Type 98/99, Ukrainan Engine, and get some stuff from American M1A2 ToT and build them in pakistan

That should creat a great Al-Khalid MK.2

Originally posted by ISI2003@Jan 17 2006, 02:16 AM
basically, we need to get the best stuff from Chinese Type 98/99, Ukrainan Engine, and get some stuff from American M1A2 ToT and build them in pakistan

That should creat a great Al-Khalid MK.2
[post=5424]Quoted post[/post]​

The new tank is being made, and it will be known as Al-Khaleed 1 not Al-Khalid Mk.2 or whatever. The upgrades of Al-Khaleed will later be given to already inducted Al-Khleed, while the latest ones will form the front line unit, being the aggressive units.

1. i'm just saying not that we are MNNA, we can get advanced american electronics; pakistan could purchase them, or get ToT, either way, we can have the most advanced electronics for our tank

2. The chinese are developing their Type 98/99 Tank, and we can borow what works and not use what doesn't

3. we use a ukrainin engine for the al-khalid, we should go for a better version, either for more power, or more efficency
---------------
in that way we could have a tank as good as the m1a2, except modified for our requirements

Well i dont disagree with any of that, BUT!

Dont you think Engine is good enough, cause if you compare the ratio of Engine versus Weight, engine is still powerful.

Al-Khaleed 1, i think will have a combination of western stuff and chinese stuff, and only best things will be procured for our kind.

Originally posted by mysterious@Jan 19 2006, 12:07 AM
Well i dont disagree with any of that, BUT!

Dont you think Engine is good enough, cause if you compare the ratio of Engine versus Weight, engine is still powerful.

Al-Khaleed 1, i think will have a combination of western stuff and chinese stuff, and only best things will be procured for our kind.
[post=5495]Quoted post[/post]​

i meant if the weight is increased as the type 98/99 is heavier than the mbt-2000/type 90 (al-khalid design)

if weight is increased, then the engine should be 1500HP, instead of 1200HP

therefore you can see, imply we should increase the weight, to the level of the type98/99, this desing has more :bat: than the original al-khalid design

Back
Top Bottom