What's new

Al-Faisal to the US : Veto a State, Lose an Ally.

Let's see Saudi Arabia follow through with it.

Asim like you had said they dont have a choice, as a matter of fact no one in the region or the Islamic countries do. As it is not abt the Palestinian issue but the issue of Jerusalem. Heck have forgotten that 5-6 crusades were fought over it. And not some tinny tweeny wars but wars that molded our mentality, for generations to come. And there shouldnt be a matter of choice in this issue, the Palestinians do deserve to have freedom and dignity like all of us the entire world have and enjoy to some extend. My question was pointed towards what Muse had said;

maybe a unified arabian peninsula is not what serves the purposes of "peace"

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

I don't have any problem with "peace" for arabia. The best thing in my opinion is an end to the religious tyranny and if there are multiple states on the peninsula, maybe threat that the tyranny will rise again, will be diminished - anything for 'peace'

And what do you mean by religious tyranny. So you are suggesting that the Arab countries could be further divided, is that what you mean by your comments. Sorry for my limited understanding to complicated statements.

Saudi Arabia has no choice... In this Middle East, by supporting America after the Veto it would be risking another revolution.
Sir this will not bring any revolt but if Saudi Arabia leaders don't take a stand that will bring a revolution and they will be not able to control it

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

I don't have any problem with "peace" for arabia. The best thing in my opinion is an end to the religious tyranny and if there are multiple states on the peninsula, maybe threat that the tyranny will rise again, will be diminished - anything for 'peace'
Sir solution is that All Arabs implement Islam and take on Israel

Sir this will not bring any revolt but if Saudi Arabia leaders don't take a stand that will bring a revolution and they will be not able to control it

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Sir solution is that All Arabs implement Islam and take on Israel

Sounds entirely reasonable

What actually sustains Saudi is the .1% (population) establishments around the world who know no religion who are loyal to no state. Its only the poor and joe average that religion gives a hope to, or who are patriotic etc, So the saudi royal famil, the bush family,zardari etc they are all the same and the "democracy" and "human rights" that we are told about is an illusion. American people are no happier with their govt than the paksitani people, This suposed stand by Saudi Royal family is far too little too late and just cosmetic window dressing for the masses. The only thing that Saudie Royal family will risk all for is only their own right to exist. They have shown over the past decades that they do not care about palestinians whatsoever

It’s important to understand little bit on Saudi royal family divisions and where Price Turki Al Faisal position is. Current Saudi king is very much in US pocket and run foreign policy through Bandar bin Sultan, the notorious Saudi royal family member who had been Saudi ambassador in Washington for 22 years and very close to George W Bush family and Neo cons.
Prince Turki is brother of Saudi foreign minister Prince Saud Al Faisal and son of late Saudi king Faisal.

Saudi king and Bandar group had sidelined Saudi foreign minister Saud Al Faisal and his brother Turki Al Faisal. Yet both of King Fahad sons are highly educated and proponent of education in Saudi Arabia. They are also proponent of Palestinian cause. Eventually Prince Turki was forced to resign from Saudi ambassador post in Washington because Saudi king was bypassing him and using Bandar bin Sultan to run US relation.

Prince Turki Al Faisal said the right thing from his wisdom and conviction but Saudi govt policy is hijacked by King Abdullah and Bandar group. So at the moment Prince Turki Al Faisal view has little chance being reflected in Saudi foreign policy. But let's see....

@idune,
Interesting post.
I have been pondering about this OP since it was posted. My first reaction was: This guy is no longer in the KSA govt. so whatever he says is not 'official'.
Regardless, this is a very carefully written article by Al-Faisal. My feeling is that Al-Faisal is issuing threat--un-officially-- to America.

Basically, as someone puts it rightly, American 'foreign' policy is largely a 'domestic' policy. A few hundred paid-for and/or insecure Congressmen/Senators can even defy the President of the United States. Al-Faisal is trying to tell Obama: 'Do the right thing'.

United States may still abstain in the UNSC.

LMAO! Muslim leaders are all trying to become famous and engage in power struggle to influence Islamic World. We have Iran(Ahmadinejad), Turkey(Erdogan), and KSA(Al-Fasil). If you know you anything about Islam then you know that this going to be a disaster, and that Muslims like to fight amongst themselves more, than for the cause. I can only pray to God.

^^ The way i see it- the rise is near- the question is whose? Persian?- Arabian?- or Tukish?-
History tells alot about these three ancient powers-

^^ The way i see it- the rise is near- the question is whose? Persian?- Arabian?- or Tukish?-
History tells alot about these three ancient powers-
Yeah bro, but I feel like it's a mirage. The rise is going to get ruined by bruised egos. Why can't these powers just come together, we'd have a better chance for the liberation of Palestinians, and one more injustice rectified.

both of King Fahad sons are highly educated and proponent of education in Saudi Arabia.

I genuinely feel for the enlightened Saudis. They are fighting an uphill battle against their powerfully entrenched adversaries.

Yeah bro, but I feel like it's a mirage. The rise is going to get ruined by bruised egos. Why can't these powers just come together, we'd have a better chance for the liberation of Palestinians, and one more injustice rectified.

what you are suggesting is like "Rise of Muslim Ummah"- which now seems to be quite impossible to be honest- The concept of Uniting under a caliph is long gone- now we can only re- unite under on Messiah- Imam Mahdi-

what you are suggesting is like "Rise of Muslim Ummah"- which now seems to be quite impossible to be honest- The concept of Uniting under a caliph is long gone- now we can only re- unite under on Messiah- Imam Mahdi-
Yeah that's true, but look at the Nato Alliance. European countries support each other, why can't we come to agree that support for each other is also needed. We all want the same thing right? Let's go about it in an organized way at an international level.

Yeah that's true, but look at the Nato Alliance. European countries support each other, why can't we come to agree that support for each other is also needed. We all want the same thing right? Let's go about it in an organized way at an international level.

Bro- Nato Alliance didnt happen just like that- They fought each other in two bloody world wars- and i would not like a Muslim Alliance based on that- We are destined to fight each other till the time of Mahdi comes-

Back
Top Bottom