What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

Olabilir .. Kullanılan malzemeler Hakkında Bir bilgim yok ..

Radar iletişim sistemlerini hava ettik ettik atmosfer olaylarından koruma görevini Yerine getiren radom, elektromanyetik sinyallerin iletilmesine engel Olmayacak maddelerden imal edilir.

What material are they using? looks like glass bonded with a composite base ?

I don't believe it's for Anka. We have seen the radom part of Anka earlier. Comparing this thing with that this is quite different. It seems cockpit glass to me.

Who knows for what is it? :whistle:

Last edited:
I don't believe it's for Anka. We have seen the sadom part of Anka earlier. Comparing this thing with that this is quite different. It seems cockpit glass to me.

The one that you saw before could be mock up, because latest photo(the one that golgelerinprensi shared) is very similar to ANKA's radome.It may be used for only flight tests or something else.

862523fc-418d-4186-8975-e3488070d697.jpg

Last edited:
I don't believe it's for Anka. We have seen the sadom part of Anka earlier. Comparing this thing with that this is quite different. It seems cockpit glass to me.

We've seen a finished radome which has been shared by Meteksan

Picture @golgelerprensi has posted seems to be the testing phase of a non-painted radome, it's definitely a radome because the picture shows them using R/F equipment (waveguide horn and reflector) to test it.

TAI's ANKA-S Successfully Completed its First Flight

Turkey’s only MALE-class (Medium Altitude Long Endurance) UAV ANKA has reached a significant milestone. Turkey Aerospace Industries, Inc. (TAI) completed the first flight of ANKA-S on Sunday, an improved version of ANKA family UAV aquired by Turkish Air Force. Starting their work with ANKA-A version which became operational in Elazig, TAI compeleted the tests of ANKA-B as well. Following these developments, having gained new features upon Air Force’s requirements, the UAV’s productive activity had been completed and was getting ready for its first flight. Having the highest payload capacity, Turkey’s first satellite-controlled UAV ANKA-S has taken-off from Sivrihisar on 25 September, Sunday, operated for 2,5 hours and landed, all autonomously. Many new generation features demanded by Turkish Air Force were tested on this flight, which utilized new generation national mission and flight control system software.
The ground control station were equipped with aircraft and payload control computers developed in scope of international certification rules which uses indigenious real-time operating system.
Using many new generation software and hardware developed by leading companies of the nation, the system achieved success in tests, demonstrating improving technology of country’s defence industry.
Its reveiled with this flight that the production of ANKA-S UAV was going in conformity with the schedule. Reportedly, the second UAV was ready for flight while the first was in-flight. The deliveries are expected to begin in the first quarter of 2017.

Source: http://en.c4defence.com/Agenda/tai-s-ankas-successfully-completed-its-first-flight/2588/1

TAI's ANKA-S Successfully Completed its First Flight

Turkey’s only MALE-class (Medium Altitude Long Endurance) UAV ANKA has reached a significant milestone. Turkey Aerospace Industries, Inc. (TAI) completed the first flight of ANKA-S on Sunday, an improved version of ANKA family UAV aquired by Turkish Air Force. Starting their work with ANKA-A version which became operational in Elazig, TAI compeleted the tests of ANKA-B as well. Following these developments, having gained new features upon Air Force’s requirements, the UAV’s productive activity had been completed and was getting ready for its first flight. Having the highest payload capacity, Turkey’s first satellite-controlled UAV ANKA-S has taken-off from Sivrihisar on 25 September, Sunday, operated for 2,5 hours and landed, all autonomously. Many new generation features demanded by Turkish Air Force were tested on this flight, which utilized new generation national mission and flight control system software.
The ground control station were equipped with aircraft and payload control computers developed in scope of international certification rules which uses indigenious real-time operating system.
Using many new generation software and hardware developed by leading companies of the nation, the system achieved success in tests, demonstrating improving technology of country’s defence industry.
Its reveiled with this flight that the production of ANKA-S UAV was going in conformity with the schedule. Reportedly, the second UAV was ready for flight while the first was in-flight. The deliveries are expected to begin in the first quarter of 2017.

Source: http://en.c4defence.com/Agenda/tai-s-ankas-successfully-completed-its-first-flight/2588/1
I remember ANKA-S making it's first flight almost a year ago.

So, what's this second "first flight" is about ?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom