What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

What is required for some projects is to develop a platform whose intellectual and property rights belong to our country,While satisfactory national contributions are considered around avarage standarts at the beggining but During developments, The requirements are updated in accordance with latest advancements of World market and New players whose drones are armed, are joined into this league, While We are politically introducing ourselves as third country of the World who is able to develop such a surveillance system so Long development schedules bring new advancements to drone technologies we are competing and New political enemies/regional problems/performance requirements of TSK obliged engineers to increase national contributions with lighter subcomponents such as lighter Flir, new composite lighter materials, lighter landing gears, powerfull reverse-eng. engine..etc. All those increased the development schedule to those years. Cause of Anka project, HALE standart Armed Anka called Ebabil is also delaying !

@cabatli_53

I just don't want this to turn into Arjun tank.

Bro, ANKA-B with loaded weight has already climbed over 30000ft altitude in last month (It was 26000ft, 18h at ANKA-A) but I think It is time to arrange the duration standarts in accordance with requirements. If they catch 24h on operational altitude levels, Then It will be given OK for ANKA-S. Hope everything goes in accordance with our wishes !

Bro, ANKA-B with loaded weight has already been climbed over 30000ft altitude in last month (It was 26000ft at ANKA-A) but I think It is time to arrange the duration standarts in accordance with requirements. If they catch 24h on operational altitude levels, Then It will be given OK for ANKA-S. Hope everything goes in accordance with our wishes !
I hope so... It delayed enough

and I still strongly disagree with the SATCOM antenna decision

Why ? It is going to increase the operation range of each drones to max. levels.
It also incerased the weight and cost of the UAV.

We're complaining about it not being able to stay in the requested altitude for the amount of time we want it to stay.
And we're adding more weight from the other side. It's stupid. We should have finished the DATALINK version first.

we could transfer them to land forces command later on.

It also incerased the weight and cost of the UAV.

We're complaining about it not being able to stay in the requested altitude for the amount of time we want it to stay.
And we're adding more weight from the other side. It's stupid. We should have finished the DATALINK version first.

we could transfer them to land forces command later on.

Indeed. In terror operations, Data-link variant could provide impressive capabilities to Armed forces but Army insist on 30000ft, 24h request at the beggining of project and As TAI promised in tender, They are struggling to climb those altitudes while integrating related payloads. In terms of take-off weight, The variants are seperated into two pieces.

B variant
S variant

The S variant is going to be produced for TSK and Police Forces because S has perfect subsystems for assymetric threats such as SATCOM+FLIR. B will have a bit different payloads but It will be the trial variant of S in terms of fuselage/altitude performance but At all possibilities, The weight issue is being arranged thanks to payload selections.

Anka-B: SAR radar called SARPER + CATS FLIR
Anka-S: SATCOM + CATS FLIR

If you ask me, SAR radar is heavier than a SATCOM on fuselage because electronic units different than SAR antenne is quite big and heavier so I think It doesn't make much differences between SAr mounted B and SATCOM mounted S variants in terms of take-off weight and performance because B and S Fuselage + rear landing gears + new generation FLIR is way lighter and capable than A variant had so If B climbed 30000ft, Rest is about endurance of Anka for passing into serial production !

SARPER
sar_birimleri_fonsuz.jpg

Last edited:
@cabatli_53
It's sad how you and I aren't calling the shots

This thing would've been over and we'd be working on the 5t turboprop version that has the SATCOM, SAR & Weapons payloads. Or maybe turbofan.

oh well...

@cabatli_53
It's sad how you and I aren't calling the shots

This thing would've been over and we'd be working on the 5t turboprop version that has the SATCOM, SAR & Weapons payloads. Or maybe turbofan.

oh well...

China commenced their drone projects in similar years with us. Today, They have revealed around 3-4 different drone variants, proved their capabilities not only surveillance but also hitting ground targets and reached export successes as well. What We are doing is to work on same project called ANKA during all those passing years, While They have started development of what We are aiming with the project called "Ebabil".

The age avarage of Anka engineer team in TAI is around 28-29 so They are learning the problems and woking hard to overcome, While trying to satisfy Army with performance ! The new projects will be easier for this team. ANKA-A became a good trial labratory for them so They have reached 30000ft altitude with B variant at first trials. I bet Ebabil will be easier to develop.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom