What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

New 3rd generation AselFlir-235 that is going to replace heavier 300T.

1370641950.jpg
bilde.jpg

The idea is pretty silly but a .50 gun would look cool on it.
How many rounds would it be able to hold?
Then you got recoil etc.

A Freakin 50 cal? cool? :lol:

Ye this guy gets me :)
I don't even think there is any room inside.
Maybe on a pod on wing?
Beef up the wings put them inside? WW2 style!
But it can't dive to shoot...

How long before a UCAV shoots down another?
I'm think I'm off topic here...

There is no room for the gun anyways. Every spots taken.

Ye this guy gets me :)
I don't even think there is any room inside.
Maybe on a pod on wing?
Beef up the wings put them inside? WW2 style!
But it can't dive to shoot...

How long before a UCAV shoots down another?
I'm think I'm off topic here...

There is no room for the gun anyways. Every spots taken.

A gun and tht too 50 cal is useless on an aircraft.. unless its ww1 n ur flying a biplane... to shoot down another UCAV? Not sure UAVs carry bigass radars like modern fighter jets... but still a short range A2A missile "would" have a bigger chance to kill another UAV than a shitty 50 cal...

A gun and tht too 50 cal is useless on an aircraft.. unless its ww1 n ur flying a biplane... to shoot down another UCAV? Not sure UAVs carry bigass radars like modern fighter jets... but still a short range A2A missile "would" have a bigger chance to kill another UAV than a shitty 50 cal...

It wont be able to hold anything bigger then a 12.7mm.
Like I said 'silly' I was just throwing it out there :)

The idea is pretty silly but a .50 gun would look cool on it.
How many rounds would it be able to hold?
Then you got recoil etc.
It's actually not that silly, considering that even fifth generation jet fighters can't give up their cannons :)

Thing is, MALE UAVs are supposed to stay out of 12.7mm gun range from the ground

With twin M2 brownings inside wings or a single GAU19 in the fuselage, it could dive....
But the risk would be too much and most ground targets are too armored to damage with a .50 cal anyway.

I mean the whole point of spending money on a MALE UAV instead of a tactical UAV is to keep it undetected, A tactical UAV would have nothing to lose diving down on insurgents or infantry or whatever... but I'm not sure if they can handle an extra 50+ kilograms weight those are very small machines

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom