What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

The photos are from last week.

FsMMis0X0AArzy3

FsMMiSiXsAE5GsC

FsMMjNEXwAALDBB
Looks like a partial redesign from the TB2, along with a much larger frame. The newer design makes it look like it has a higher service ceiling, longer rage, and bigger payload.

Would this take over the role of the tb2 or the akinci?

TB3 will not steal roles from TB2 or Akıncı.

This UCAV is a "seabird" with foldable wings and built in a navalize from the very beginning.

TB3 was developed for only the navy and will be based on aircraft carriers or drone hive ships.

Looks like a partial redesign from the TB2, along with a much larger frame. The newer design makes it look like it has a higher service ceiling, longer rage, and bigger payload.

In addition to Merzifonlu üstad's post,
  • BLOS with SATCOM,
  • Take Off and Landing Capability from very Short-Runways
  • 2x increased payload
  • Folding landing gear and folding wings
  • Completely navalized structure

Capabilities such as +24H endurance, Fully Autonomous Take Off and Landing are already standard in all Baykar systems.

YES... BRILLIANT.. Another Turkish Superiority MASTERY at hand here..

If anyone asks any individual, " Who is your Superior Master " the answer should be " it is my Superior Turkish Master "

TB-3 Is looking SUAVE, a classy drone that does wonders in the battle field.. With every ITERATION, it only gets better and better.. by the time they are up to TB-8, they should look completely different and classy..

In addition to Merzifonlu üstad's post,
  • BLOS with SATCOM,
  • Take Off and Landing Capability from very Short-Runways
  • 2x increased payload
  • Folding landing gear and folding wings
  • Completely navalized structure

Capabilities such as +24H endurance, Fully Autonomous Take Off and Landing are already standard in all Baykar systems.
SATCOM antenna seems like a waste of payload weight, it's already very tricky to take off from TCG Anadolu. It's good for naval reconnaissance, not good for providing air support to landing operations. A MAM-T under the fuselage would be much more preferable to a SATCOM antenna on top for our purposes.

That being said, finally having foldable landing gear is a big + I find it weird that nobody's talking about it.

I don't think there's a chance for TB2, Japan could just look at it make their own.

But there might be a chance that they buy TB3 for their helicopter carriers.

The UK and Japanese FM and MoDs are closely interest in Baykar projects. In fact, in the last year, probably the highest number of diplomatic and military delegations from these two countries have visited Baykar facilities or met with company officials. So It is not unlikely that KE will take part in Italy, Japan and the UK's next generation fighter jet project as part of machine-human teaming.

Also TB-3 will most likely feature in the navies of these countries. TB-2 news was also unexpected for me. However, the logistical and sustainment advantages of the TB-2 in the tactical class are outstanding, and it is a platform that has proven itself with the systems it carries in many combat environments. So these exploratory studies and test evaluations are not without reason.

BAYRAKTAR TB2 SİHA decision from Japan​

BAYKAR-Japonya-SUZUKI-e1680804253822-780x470.jpeg

According to the Japanese press; The Ministry of Defense of Japan will commission Bayraktar TB2 SİH for trial purposes within the scope of the 2023 fiscal year budget and will be subjected to tests by the Japanese Land Self-Defense Forces.

Seljuk managed to charm another customer to buy. lol

Last edited:
The UK and Japanese FM and MoDs are closely interest in Baykar projects. In fact, in the last year, probably the highest number of diplomatic and military delegations from these two countries have visited Baykar facilities or met with company officials. So It is not unlikely that KE will take part in Italy, Japan and the UK's next generation fighter jet project as part of machine-human teaming.

Also TB-3 will most likely feature in the navies of these countries. TB-2 news was also unexpected for me. However, the logistical and sustainment advantages of the TB-2 in the tactical class are outstanding, and it is a platform that has proven itself with the systems it carries in many combat environments. So these exploratory studies and test evaluations are not without reason.

I really don't think a TB2 deal will materialize. I will be surprised if that happens. Japan being a naval power, should be much more interested in TB3 and Aksungur. It will be a very surprising choice if they go with TB2 instead

What advantage does TB2 have other than being combat proven? If that's their reason, Reaper is probably the most combat proven UAV in the world lol.

Just imagine the TB3 on this badboy
DDH-183-JS-Izumo-013.jpg

Back
Top Bottom