What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

Why we don't see UMTAS missile on Anka ?
Because ;

1. Weight issue.. heavier ammunition means shorter flight.
2. Helicopters and light aircrafts ( as hürkuş) MUST use umtas atc.. they CANT send gravity bombs(like mam-l) to 8 km. necause of the altitude issue.

Helicopters and light planes flies around between zero - 5000 m.. if they release a gravity bomb, that bombs range would be about maximum 1 km..

Ucavs flies around 10 km altitude and more.. so if they use gravity bombs , that bomb goes up to 8 km. as it should be.

So if you gain the range you want without ROCKET ENGINE , simply you dont need to use rocket engine in your ammunition.. and so you gain some weight and more flight time for you ucav..

Unmanned fighter jet will fly in 2023.

2F1914ED-DBF7-43FE-934F-2DF228991411.jpeg

There were some issues with CATS, once those issues were sorted the problem became production capacity. Some Canadian E/O were purchased to make sure we don't have gap in capability - drones with no E/O = bad.

However I think I may have seen some ANKA-B at TAI facilities with CATS, but quality of the footage was far too poor to make it out definitively. You lot check it out, is it CATS ?

View attachment 481781
DCCkc1IXUAEZ43A.jpg

View attachment 481782

Answer,
guzelik6.jpg

guzelik6.jpg

CATS was installed on Anka in September 2017 and now Anka flies with CATS.
Are you sure about Anka flies with CATS ? Because i know that CATS have some problems and need time a little bit. Maybe I'm wrong..

Last edited:
does anyone have an overview of how many of the different models are in the inventory right now?

Back
Top Bottom