What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

Actually.... :D

Its announced it will enter Serial production with AF-235 :)
It says NOTHING about Anka.

AF-235 is a replacement for AF-200. AF-300T on ANKA will NOT be replaced by a lighter FLIR.

You see 300T isn't just "optic payload" for ANKA. It's the whole project. ANKA is designed to carry the AF-300T, if it couldn't it'd be a failed project.

It says NOTHING about Anka.

AF-235 is a replacement for AF-200. AF-300T on ANKA will NOT be replaced by a lighter FLIR.

You see 300T isn't just "optic payload" for ANKA. It's the whole project. ANKA is designed to carry the AF-300T, if it couldn't it'd be a failed project.

But the deputy speaks about ANKA, isn't it ? We have only ANKA which can use a FLIR like that.

But the deputy speaks about ANKA, isn't it ? We have only ANKA which can use a FLIR like that.
Which deputy? Which speech? I'm not following here..
but politicians don't make these decisions. Don't get excited unless you hear something from SSM.

Excuse me, but SSM is only answering the questions, doesn't say anything about implementing something untested. AF-300T is what's tested and is what will be used in mass production.

However mass production indicates the intent to sell this to third country, or does it just indicate that we'll be using it on that scale 100 UAV flying all over our eastern borders. :P

Which deputy? Which speech? I'm not following here..
but politicians don't make these decisions. Don't get excited unless you hear something from SSM.

There isn't any aggressivity in my post and I am not "excited" :)

For me a MoD is not a random politician, he wrote that someone who is comptetent told him, maybe he asked to SSM, I don't know.

Anyway, we will see.

There isn't any aggressivity in my post and I am not "excited" :)
So I'm not accusing you with either of those things :)
For me a MoD is not a random politician, he wrote that someone who is comptetent told him, maybe he asked to SSM, I don't know.

Well you'd be right, a MoD shouldn't be a random politician but İsmet Yılmaz. I don't want to talk bad about people when i do that people think I'm rude but damn... he's definitely not the type who could spell the FLIR right :D
However mass production indicates the intent to sell this to third country, or does it just indicate that we'll be using it on that scale 100 UAV flying all over our eastern borders. :P
Possibly, Egypt already placed an order, Turkey's buying 10 as a first batch I'm thinking there will be more.

Sorry but How long from MSB's written statements accepted "nonsense", While SSM has a mission to inform/receive funds from MSB related with ongoing programs ? Where did a politician learn the technical names of ongoing programs ? MSB isn't a part of SSIK ? If yes, How Politicans isn't also a part of desicion making ? SSM doesn't work for MSB ? Do you suppose that Ismet Yilmaz as a politician shared something from his daily routin without asking SSM about, When AF-300T is asked himself by MHP minister ?

No as far as i know.
I thought as you said. That is why I asked. One of the main differences of HALE ANKA from MALE ANKA will be the weapon capability. When cabatli_53 said next ANKA will be competitor of Israeli Eitan, I though Eitan is also armed and I thougt it was not armed. To confirm I asked.

The important difference here is the turboprop engine. Payload isn't an issue for an UAV that weighs 5 tonnes. Whatever they optimize the design for, wings will always be strong enough for a few AGM114s :)

You are right but my curiosity was different as I explained above

BTW, @cabatli_53 bro already posted the news I just saw it, sorry cabatli I posted again:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry but How long from MSB's written statements accepted "nonsense", While SSM has a mission to inform/receive funds from MSB related with ongoing programs ? Where did a politician learn the technical names of ongoing programs ? MSB isn't a part of SSIK ? If yes, How Politicans isn't also a part of desicion making ? SSM doesn't work for MSB ? Do you suppose that Ismet Yilmaz as a politician shared something from his daily routin without asking SSM about, When AF-300T is asked himself by MHP minister ?
MSB is a dumazz that's why. He could've misunderstood whatever was told to him. Politicians is a part of SSIK but SSIK doesn't make these decisions. This project is already given to TAI by SSIK, at this point SSIK's job is over. It's between SSM and Air Force Command now.

I don't believe TAI will turn back and mount a lighter FLIR after years of development. ANKA will be mass-produced with AF-300T, if it doesn't you always have the option to come back and humiliate me.
I am a hundred percent behind my word.
So, when are we going to be able to see exploding terrorists from the eye of this beauty?
First we need the advanced UMTAS. It'll be our equivalent of JAGM and it'll have 15-16 Km range. Thanks to that we'll be able to use our network-based warfare capabilities to the limit. We also need laser-guided artillery munitions.

@LegionnairE

As you know, one of the TSK requirements for ANKA is 30.000 ft altitude. As you remember, ANKA could not reach 30.000 feet requirement because of the AF-300. There were two options to overcome this problem. Either the engine must be stronger or the AselFlir must be lighter. We know that engineers work for the stronger engine and it will take some time. And as @cabatli_53 mentioned AF-235 is lighter so ANKA can climb to 30.000 feet. This option right know seems more logical. IMO, new AF-235 will be used if TSK insists to get ANKA climbed to 30.000 feet. We will see what is gonna happen though.

@LegionnairE

As you know, one of the TSK requirements for ANKA is 30.000 ft altitude. As you remember, ANKA could not reach 30.000 feet requirement because of the AF-300. There were two options to overcome this problem. Either the engine must be stronger or the AselFlir must be lighter. We know that engineers work for the stronger engine and it will take some time. And as @cabatli_53 mentioned AF-235 is lighter so ANKA can climb to 30.000 feet. This option right know seems more logical. IMO, new AF-235 will be used if TSK insists to get ANKA climbed to 30.000 feet. We will see what is gonna happen though.
Because AF-235 is meant to replace AF-200 amk, haven't you been listening? There will be setbacks.

Anka couldn't make it to 30.000 feet so what? you think 26.000 feet isn't good enough for N. Iraq? We've been flying with AH1Ws with barely 10.000 feet service ceiling for 30 years and they can climb to the highest point of Qandil mountains without a damn problem. You think the terrorist organization have weapons that can fire at 26.000 feet?

Just stop repeating the owner's voice newspapers. Anka program is a success. Air Force is going to have to wait until national power pack or TEI turboprop engine to reach 30.000 feet. This is how far it goes with a turbocharged 2.0 diesel.

Because AF-235 is meant to replace AF-200 amk, haven't you been listening? There will be setbacks.

Anka couldn't make it to 30.000 feet so what? you think 26.000 feet isn't good enough for N. Iraq? We've been flying with AH1Ws with barely 10.000 feet service ceiling for 30 years and they can climb to the highest point of Qandil mountains without a damn problem. You think the terrorist organization have weapons that can fire at 26.000 feet?

Just stop repeating the owner's voice newspapers. Anka program is a success. Air Force is going to have to wait until national power pack or TEI turboprop engine to reach 30.000 feet. This is how far it goes with a turbocharged 2.0 diesel.

30,000 ft is the requirement of TSK. That is why it matters. If you remember, TSK did not accept the heron because it did not climb 30.000 ft with AF-300. TSK did not say "Ok it does not matter. If heron did not climb 30,000 ft, so what? 26,000 is also good". Do you think you know better than TSK?

If you read my comment carefully you would see that I did not say anything about failure of ANKA. I am just saying what the TSK requirements for ANKA are. Based on that requirement, I made a logical statement which 100% makes sense. I am not the one who came to conclusion right away. If TSK is okay with 26,000 ft, so be it. It is perfectly fine. But as I said
new AF-235 will be used if TSK insists to get ANKA climbed to 30.000 feet. We will see what is gonna happen though.

Bro, MSB is the sole ministery which is charged to inform TBMM about defence industry, not SSM and Ministery of National defence is the main part of SSIK. There are two parts of desicions on SSIK meetings MSB always announces. One is visible part SSM reveals th documents with MSB stamp and signitures for public awareness and Other unvisible parts are kept secret from public.

SSM prepare the performance standarts of tenders the institutes should obey, check their production brends, arrange the offsets, prepare the 5/10 years industrial development plans, participate industrial activities, transfer dataes/feasibilities for SSIK and fund institutes by months taken from MSB. All other efforts such as chargement of SSM to commence meeting of an X institute related with Y project, The acceptance results of Y prototypes, Serial production orders and all things which may affect the destiny of programs are discussed by SSIK. At meetings, SSM minister, Murat BAYAR works as a secretary of MSB so When a Questionary asked about a thing in TBMM, The written article related with it are kept in official archieves so Every single part of the word which is guaranteed under the MSB Stamp and Signiture should be taken from safe sources (SSM) and reflect completely truths because We are talking about given information to TBMM.

About FLIR and production of ANKA, She will be mass produced with the performance criterias designated by SSM (If nothing changed in SSIK meetings). It isn't about your belief or my personnel wishes. BTW, There isn't any official obligation for TAI to make ANKA ready for mass production with AselFlir-300T. It is a seperate agreement between Aselsan-TAI. The important point is designated performance criterias at the beggining TAI shouldobey and The final product's capabilities whether It meets the requirements or not. I mean If 235 is able to meet the designated criterias TSK/SSM pointed out such as laser designater, pointer, distance measure, coordinate finder, TV, day/night/ infrared cameras...etc, Then It can easily be integrated to meet other performance criterias designtaed such as altitude. That's why source indicates a lighter foreign FLIR to be supplied by abroad but SAme generation domestic equivalent to be ready for mass production... In additions, Both 235 and 300 are advanced targetting&surveillance FLIRS but AF200 is just a surveillance FLIR like AF135 bro...

BTW, 26000ft is a perfect altitude scale for an UAV to hunt the terrorists but It isn't matter. Heron with AF300T could climb 23000ft at first phase of trials, Then Israeli engineers wasted so many times to power up the engines and so program delayed many years. With 50-60 kg lighter but similar capable domestic FLIR integrated on ANKA will perform really good alltitude success without any doubt(30000+ maybe (?)).

Back
Top Bottom