What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

Just think about flying a unarmed UAV, maintainance cost of UAV, its cost of fuel etc...

After detecting terrorists:

Flying an F16, its maintainance cost, cost of fuel, dropping 2 mk82 bombs...

MAM-L changes this into detecting terrorists and shooting them.

Cost of MAM-L and cost of F16 events chain have incredible diffirance. Forget the bombs of F16, forget the abnormal amount of fuel F16 burns, just maintainance cost of F16 is more than MAM-L.

(cost of maintainance includes depreciation value of each flight)

In fuel side, Bayraktar's fuel capacity is 300 liter gasoline. Normally Army gets fuel without any taxes afaik, but lets say they get gasoline from Opet fuel station. Gasoline's per liter is ₺5, 300 liter means ₺1500, less than $430. Bayraktar can fly 24 hours with that fuel. Fuel cost for per hour is $18 o_O Dirt cheap.

Masum insanların HAYATININ, MAM-L den daha ucuz olduğunu mu düşünüyorsunuz..

This is a typical reaction of our people. Why do you feel offended? I did not say we should not use this bomb. I was just impressed how expensive military stuff really is. @SouI @what and @OguzSenturk are right, a drone is arguably useful and very economical especially compared to F16s. I wonder however why we're planning to use Hürkus against terrorists if we already operate drones. What's the operational difference between ANKA and Hürkus in our anti-terror fight? Can somebody explain it to me?

It saddens me realizing how much money terrorism costs us.

What's the operational difference between ANKA and Hürkus in our anti-terror fight? Can somebody explain it to me?
Hürkuş project started as training aircraft, then decided to make it armed.

ANKA and Bayraktar can carry very limited ammunition, and cannot carry 500lb+ bombs. UAVs will being used mostly as patrolling in one area (mostly strategic areas for PKK, or operation zone) and if see some enemy target, use it's small ammunitions to destroy those targets.

In the other hand, Hürkuşs can carry 500lb+ ammunitions, they can also carry small missiles/bombs. They will cover the gap in CAS missions where F-16 does so expensive. You cannot destroy any target with MAM-Ls, so F16s do the job. When we get Hürkuşs, they will handle some of F16 jobs.

Hürkuş project started as training aircraft, then decided to make it armed.

ANKA and Bayraktar can carry very limited ammunition, and cannot carry 500lb+ bombs. UAVs will being used mostly as patrolling in one area (mostly strategic areas for PKK, or operation zone) and if see some enemy target, use it's small ammunitions to destroy those targets.

In the other hand, Hürkuşs can carry 500lb+ ammunitions, they can also carry small missiles/bombs. They will cover the gap in CAS missions where F-16 does so expensive. You cannot destroy any target with MAM-Ls, so F16s do the job. When we get Hürkuşs, they will handle some of F16 jobs.

also there is plan for unmanned version of Hurkus

TBH, MAM-C will be the best weapon against Terrorism. Especially for singular targets, they just have to find a low drag way of attaching many of them to UAVs.

I propose a bomb bay replacing SAR radar slot on Anka-B :)

be1c4284799a8bdb65e45ab70d58f55b--b-bomber-taps.jpg

Guys we have an operational MALE UAV at least but I have another question; do we have any program on HALE UAVs?

Guys we have an operational MALE UAV at least but I have another question; do we have any program on HALE UAVs?
Why do we even need a HALE UAV?

More maintenance cost, more fuel consumption, possibly less accurate vision and targeting.

Nothing can already hit ANKA's right now from that altitude.

Why do we even need a HALE UAV?

More maintenance cost, more fuel consumption, possibly less accurate vision and targeting.

Nothing can already hit ANKA's right now from that altitude.

You think Armenia or Iran are not able to hit anka UAV?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom