What's new

Airstrikes on a Libyan base destroy a Turkish air defense system

Who is Turkey to dictate terms in Libya?

Thats even then. Its Turkey's game as much as French. And French are on side of a militia whereas Turks are on side of UN recognized govt. So Turks to me are more credible.

Thats even then. Its Turkey's game as much as French. And French are on side of a militia whereas Turks are on side of UN recognized govt. So Turks to me are more credible.
All in the eye of the beholder, you can't call a group with a government controlling a majority of Libya a militia and be taken seriously. GNA is an expired government that expired over 2 years ago.

Are you ready? Here comes another round of Turkey fetish! :yahoo: Watch out for the swallower! :enjoy:
Man, these guys got some serious identity issues. I wonder who made them worship Turks as some type of master race.

I won't hustle into politics nor try to explain myself here to trolls but militarily, and I am not an experienced guy but compared to armchair generals here I think it is only fair for me to say so, as someone who has spent formidable amount of his years in the navy, this event is a major point of escalation and unless the Armed Forces sends combatant forces with conventional warfare tasks such as infantry commando battalions, naval infantry, expeditionary air wing with CAP missions, air interdiction by navy, air defense units (not like those already in libya but to directly implement tactical level theater air defense operations); we can take it granted that Turkey is not taking Egypt/UAE seriously and calling this a bluff. But if it does send combat forces for the first time, then it means we're going all in, just like 1974.

And it has every logical evidence to think so. Its clear as a day light that Turkey is in western Libya forever. Naval Forces, Land Forces, Air Force all will even construct their own bases in the country and there is nothing Egypt can do about it. In fact if they ever had a "red line", that was it. But rest assured, should they intervened way sooner like before GNA's march on Vetiye or whatever its called; things would've been much in favor of Egypt and UAE.

I am not saying we are a superpower, we are not. But historically, and you don't have to go all Ottoman, just look at the history of Turkish Republic; everytime when an actor or a powerful bloc tries to contain Turkey outside the Mediterranean basin towards Anatolian heartland; the moment they try to confine Turkey on the shores, we have gone all in with an RoE to shoot to kill. Because poking or forcing Turkey outside the Med is an existential threat that Turkey has never hesitated go for an all out war, i.e. Operation Atilla.

That's the very notion behind Ataturk's first order of advance during the War of Independence: "Armies! Your first objective is the Mediterranean. March forward!"

You may claim that Cyprus war is history but let me remind you that it was not long ago at all when Greek Cypriots wanted to place S-300 batteries in the island and they had to transfer it to Greece when Turkey said it would be casus belli the moment these systems are placed in the island.

Rest assured, both Egypt and UAE are formidable adversaries in different conflicts in the region. But no matter their size and equipment when it comes to conventional war: Turkey, Israel and Iran are the only powers in the region and everyone knows that. Just because Egypt and Saudi Arabia are seeing places to establish their imperial pan-Arab ambition doesn't make them a proper state. Egypt, KSA, UAE internally all are respective administrations, not states. The moment Sissi steps down, Selman is toppled or when the Emirati sheik is gone; they will go back to their status quo. But when Erdogan goes maybe the country may go back to NATO camp but regardless, Turkish Armed Forces will still remain in Libya, Syria, Somalia, Qatar, Iraq, Afghanistan, Cyprus and wherever it is needed to be present.

All in the eye of the beholder, you can't call a group with a government controlling a majority of Libya a militia and be taken seriously. GNA is an expired government that expired over 2 years ago.

Man, these guys got some serious identity issues. I wonder who made them worship Turks as some type of master race.

None, whenever Pakistan supports us or when we support them somehow its worshipping. No offence, but geographically you people are the textbook definition of worshipping, speaking of which in your case its him after you know cult figures, graven stuff and Islam.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Djemal_Pasha

images

Last edited:
I won't hustle into politics nor try to explain myself here to trolls but militarily, and I am not an experienced guy but compared to armchair generals here I think it is only fair for me to say so, as someone who has spent formidable amount of his years in the navy, this event is a major point of escalation and unless the Armed Forces sends combatant forces with conventional warfare tasks such as infantry commando battalions, naval infantry, expeditionary air wing with CAP missions, air interdiction by navy, air defense units (not like those already in libya but to directly implement tactical level theater air defense operations); we can take it granted that Turkey is not taking Egypt/UAE seriously and calling this a bluff. But if it does send combat forces for the first time, then it means we're going all in, just like 1974.

And it has every logical evidence to think so. Its clear as a day light that Turkey is in western Libya forever. Naval Forces, Land Forces, Air Force all will even construct their own bases in the country and there is nothing Egypt can do about it. In fact if they ever had a "red line", that was it. But rest assured, should they intervened way sooner like before GNA's march on Vetiye or whatever its called; things would've been much in favor of Egypt and UAE.

I am not saying we are a superpower, we are not. But historically, and you don't have to go all Ottoman, just look at the history of Turkish Republic; everytime when an actor or a powerful bloc tries to contain Turkey outside the Mediterranean basin towards Anatolian heartland; the moment they try to confine Turkey on the shores, we have gone all in with an RoE to shoot to kill. Because poking or forcing Turkey outside the Med is an existential threat that Turkey has never hesitated go for an all out war, i.e. Operation Atilla.

That's the very notion behind Ataturk's first order of advance during the War of Independence: "Armies! Your first objective is the Mediterranean. March forward!"

You may claim that Cyprus war is history but let me remind you that it was not long ago at all when Greek Cypriots wanted to place S-300 batteries in the island and they had to transfer it to Greece when Turkey said it would be casus belli the moment these systems are placed in the island.

Rest assured, both Egypt and UAE are formidable adversaries in different conflicts in the region. But no matter their size and equipment when it comes to conventional war: Turkey, Israel and Iran are the only powers in the region and everyone knows that. Just because Egypt and Saudi Arabia are seeing places to establish their imperial pan-Arab ambition doesn't make them a proper state. Egypt, KSA, UAE internally all are respective administrations, not states. The moment Sissi steps down, Selman is toppled or when the Emirati sheik is gone; they will go back to their status quo. But when Erdogan goes maybe the country may go back to NATO camp but regardless, Turkish Armed Forces will still remain in Libya, Syria, Somalia, Qatar, Iraq, Afghanistan, Cyprus and wherever it is needed to be present.

A lot of glorified nonsense for self-masturbation purposes.

Guys, can anyone confirm this piece of information in the attached photo since it actually seems to be a joke? :D

Attachments

• 92098012-73E5-4019-B7AD-9F9DDFF1DD4A.jpeg
    92098012-73E5-4019-B7AD-9F9DDFF1DD4A.jpeg
    677.9 KB · Views: 50
Urgent..New airstrikes on the Wattia base in less than 24 hours

http://www.elhassade.tn/web/?p=123488

None, whenever Pakistan supports us or when we support them somehow its worshipping. No offence, but geographically you people are the textbook definition of worshipping, speaking of which in your case its him after you know cult figures, graven stuff and Islam.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Djemal_Pasha

images
Why all this empty talk and chest pumping?
The red line is there..and an air-strike on a Libyan base occupied by Turkey was hit yesterday and today again.. in a clear message that says ..don't even think of a base in Libya..
Besides that Turkey does not have enough pilots for its F-16s, Erdogan political party is now split in 3 parties, and much much more..No Turk in his right mind would want to get in a war..

But no matter their size and equipment when it comes to conventional war: Turkey, Israel and Iran are the only powers in the region and everyone knows that. Just because Egypt and Saudi Arabia are seeing places to establish their imperial pan-Arab ambition doesn't make them a proper state. nd wherever it is needed to be present.

If we take your words seriously, Israel will be the only power in the region. Neither Turkey nor Iran are stronger than Egypt or KSA. AIM-120 and some restrictions that were put on Egypt for its historical stand against the west or even for political reasons are not that big deal nowadays for Egypt with a lot of alternatives not to mention the rest of equipment. KSA is far better equipped than you or Iran and comes after Israel in air force. So as you see it’s the west who determines who comes first and who comes second. Turkey despite working for the NATO since decades, they don’t get the best equipment, still there are not much restrictions on them as there’s no danger coming from them to the American allies and protectorates in the region.

I wonder did Turkey have only Hawks as their air defense system before the S-400? Maybe there were some local systems but they need to be tested. We all saw how the Turkish Coral systems did nothing in yesterday’s air strikes.

Algeria also has a decent army.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom