What's new

Airstrikes on a Libyan base destroy a Turkish air defense system

No Koral was ever proved to be present at the airbase. In addition, the attack occurred while the Hawk system was inactive.

Lastly, less than half of the present HAWK systems were damaged. (None entirely destroyed)[/QUOTE]
you mean to tell us that the Turks were caught with their pants down..That is part of the war...there is two kinds, the one who hold a loaded gun and the one who hold a handkerchief...
Whether, they were destroyed or not..Ergodan got the message..

Make it Turkish??? We are not in Libya for colonization. :rolleyes:
I don't know what the Turkish people were told, but Ergodan is in Lybia to reclaim as he said it, or maybe it was a slip of the tongue, the Ottoman lands..

I don't know what the Turkish people were told, but Ergodan is in Lybia to reclaim as he said it, or maybe it was a slip of the tongue, the Ottoman lands..
I never heard something like that from Erdogan.

But there has been some criticism like "What on earth are we doing in Libya"....and he was like "We have relations with Libya from Ottoman Era, they are out brothers, we have to help them, etc..."

I never heard something like that from Erdogan.

But there has been some criticism like "What on earth are we doing in Libya"....and he was like "We have relations with Libya from Ottoman Era, they are out brothers, we have to help them, etc..."
Lybia brought a lot of tension in the area..so every word coming from any belligerant is analysed with a microscope..here another one...

No Koral was ever proved to be present at the airbase. In addition, the attack occurred while the Hawk system was inactive.

Lastly, less than half of the present HAWK systems were damaged. (None entirely destroyed)

So , it was inactive...! Just like as Russian/ Syrians said about Pantsir S-1 ..... this is so generic man ...!:disagree:

Last edited:
So , it was inactive...! Just like as Russian/ Syrians said about Pantsir S-1 ..... this is so generic man ...!:disagree:
there is no official claim like that, hawk is easy to deploy, they were destroyed by stand off weapons(probably) and nothing to do to prevent it, unlike put many KORKUT around the battery.

Yes but more than ten pantsirs desteoyed and there is video proof some of them active. I don't think its that difficult to destroy a hawk system with a modern aircraft as you can fire a missile way out of its range. Air defence is our weakness, it will be till we produce our long range systems. Remember libya is thousands of miles away and our fighter aircraft cannot scramble other jets so its basically air supremacy for LNA(Egypt, France, uae etc)

Hisar is not there and Koral is an EW machine that probably wasnt there, i dont know what do you expect from a ew machine against a missile.

I was reading about this again a few days ago and some sources said that the Turks had HAWK and Koral there,some others mentioned the Korkut,some article mentioned the HISAR and some others said SUNGUR.

Most of the articles mentioned the HAWK and Koral. Now,the question is...was there a Korkut or SUNGUR as well there? I doubt the had a HISAR at Watiyah,since they had the HAWK.

Also,the Turks said it was probably Mirage 2000s and some Arab sources said it was Egyptian Egyptian Rafale using SPECTRA.

So what's going on? What was lost in Al Watiyah? Back then when I was watching TV and checking livemap,I remember they mentioned HAWK and Korkut.

No party other than Haftar's forces has claimed responsibility for the attack yet. The only explanation on this issue came from Abdulkhaleq Abdullah, who is close friend and former military adviser to Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed. On his Twitter account, he shared, "The UAE gave Turkiye the lesson it deserves on behalf of all honorable Arabs." However, Abdullah soon removed this tweet.

Although some US sources make weak claims about MiG29 planes, which were sent to LNA bases and where the emblems of the Russian Air Force on the jets were removed; It is known that the attack was carried out by Mirage aircraft.

So here are the 3 scenarios: 1. Mirage of the United Arab Emirates, which was detected by satellite images at that time at the Al Khadim (Libya) base. (870 km) 2. Egyptian Mirage or Rafale departing from Sidi Barrani (Western Egypt); or Mirages of the United Arab Emirates departing from the same base. (1350km) 3. France's Mirage departing from Faya Largeau (Chad, 1700km).

Sungur is a MANPADS system and at the time in question, the fire tests related to the project were still going on. Regarding Korkut SPAAG, no evidence of targeting these systems was found in any of the satellite and ground photographs. Hisar A+ was put into service in 2021. Which sources are making these claims, please share the link.

Hisar-A, on the other hand, is claimed to have been used in the Idlib(Syria) campaign in March 2020, but there is no evidence that it was in Wattiye or was attacked. Systems brought to GNA as part of technical support in Libya: S-125s (recieved from Ukraine), and Hawk missiles from reserves.

The targeted air defense battery was the MIM-23B Hawk operation surely. However, satellite images taken days after the attack (July 12) showed more Hawk batteries actively deployed.

Both satellite images and field photos of both before and after the attack were reflected in open sources. The systems at that time are clear, and the damaged systems are also clear. Other allegations are baseless. The only vehicle seen in the comparative satellite photos is the MIM-23B.

And no Air force was able to take responsibility for the attack yet because of fear of Turkiye's response. So it may be considered normal for a large number people from old France-Russia-Uae-Egypt Lna-bloc to make fictitious claims on the Internet.

///

Wattiye base was the most critical military base of Haftar's forces in the siege of Tripoli. Shortly after losing this base, the siege of Tripoli collapsed. The LNA, which held the base from 2014 to 2019, tried to hold the base at the end of this year, but was not successful and lost control there at the beginning of 2020. During this period, the base changed hands twice. In April 2020, the GNA operation concluded successfully and a Pantsir S-1 was captured at the base. In May 2020, GNA, which wanted to increase the fortification of the base, placed a Hawk battery with the technical support of the TAF.

In July 2020, the air defense battery installation works of the base was targeted with unidentified aircrafts. Some MIM-23B vehicles were neutralized in this attack. However, this attack could not affect the course of the war, and the LNA forces and Wagner troops had to retreat up to the Sirte-Jufra line in the ongoing process. Thus, the Libyan civil war has largely ended by failed coup attempt and re-election process has begun.

Today? UAE and Turkiye are bros again. (lol)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom