What's new

airforce for women

Status
Not open for further replies.

faeza

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
pakistan has stopped women from joining the airforce as GDPs saying they can't perform according to the required standards .. I am from a family of forces with 4 generations who have served/are serving pakistan . We all know women in PAF are given special treatment and if they ask for it , its accepted readily .Dont you think rather than calling women incapable they should change their methods of selection and training ? Telling them from day 1 what it actually requires.. And how they have to act like they are equal to men if they want equal opportunities..
And my second thing is if we join as engineers do we get a job that allows you be equal to men ? Do they send you in hard areas if its required .please let me know because the only reason i wanted to join the forces was because i thought girls were allowed to fight .

Fighter flying for women isn't practical. Its got nothing to do with 'preferences' but simple biology. Women have a better tolerence to G forces than men, though they become significantly weak after childbirth.

Its the same case all over the world. In the Engineering department though the jobs are open and you may apply.

Historically men have 'evolved' to hunt, fight, kill and get killed. This is likely to continue as we are best suited for combat.

Rather than not taking them atleast they should keep seats for them, not alot just a minimum .. So girls who actually are willing to put everything at stake for their careers , the work-a-holic types get a chance .. Like i dont let anything get in the way of my work not sleep not habbits and sadly not family either. Because my sole purpose is to be successful in what i have aquired and i m willing to let go of anything that comes in my way . This is just an example i m pretty sure there are many more who will live up to the vow of "country first family second " which every person in the forces takes. Please dont deprive girls of their fair share of opportunities..

Last edited:
And my second thing is if we join as engineers do we get a job that allows you be equal to men ? Do they send you in hard areas if its required

Although I agree with your opinion that women who have the capacity to serve should serve not only as GDP but also as Engineers etc, as for sending AF engineers to ''hard areas'', they dont send any AF engineer (male or female) to any hard area what so ever, they are mostly at bases or airplane plants, the ''hard areas'' are for the fools who join the army.....:lol:

Although I agree with your opinion that women who have the capacity to serve should serve not only as GDP but also as Engineers etc, as for sending AF engineers to ''hard areas'', they dont send any AF engineer (male or female) to any hard area what so ever, they are mostly at bases or airplane plants, the ''hard areas'' are for the fools who join the army.....:lol:
fools is not right word my friend . They are heroes

fools is not right word my friend . They are heroes
Dont take it personally, I meant that in a non offensive way, I am from a military family and even the serving say that only ''fools'' join the Army and the wise join the AF or Navy.....:-)

Dont take it personally, I meant that in a non offensive way, I am from a military family and even the serving say that only ''fools'' join the Army and the wise join the AF or Navy.....:-)
hahaha alright...

This is so unfair. Calling them incapable instead of giving chances.

Lady, raising a fighter pilot is a Multi Million Dollar exercise and by no means the costs can be discounted. As i noted above that the women generally have slightly higher tolerance to the G-forces (+/-) when compared to the men. After the childbirth though it decreases and mothers don't make great fighter pilots. This is noted from the female fighter pilots around the world.

Then there are issues like being shot down behind the enemy lines with no immediate rescue available, which boils it down to the physical ability to fight and survive. Women cannot compare with men in that regard as the men are vicious and would chew enemies neck off, if they have to. Men also perform much better in survival, showing less emotion and have instincts to kill. This is how men have 'evolved' both biologically and psychologically. Then there is the added risk of being raped upon capture for female pilots. All in all, it is not the best suited career for females. PAF is open for female engineers which is a respectable career.

Rather than not taking them atleast they should keep seats for them, not alot just a minimum .. So girls who actually are willing to put everything at stake for their careers , the work-a-holic types get a chance .. Like i dont let anything get in the way of my work not sleep not habbits and sadly not family either. Because my sole purpose is to be successful in what i have aquired and i m willing to let go of anything that comes in my way . This is just an example i m pretty sure there are many more who will live up to the vow of "country first family second " which every person in the forces takes. Please dont deprive girls of their fair share of opportunities..

Slow down lady, you are trying too hard. Being ambitious is good, being blinded by it is stupid. No offense but thats how it works.

Lady, raising a fighter pilot is a Multi Million Dollar exercise and by no means the costs can be discounted. As i noted above that the women generally have slightly higher tolerance to the G-forces (+/-) when compared to the men. After the childbirth though it decreases and mothers don't make great fighter pilots. This is noted from the female fighter pilots around the world.

Then there are issues like being shot down behind the enemy lines with no immediate rescue available, which boils it down to the physical ability to fight and survive. Women cannot compare with men in that regard as the men are vicious and would chew enemies neck off, if they have to. Men also perform much better in survival, showing less emotion and have instincts to kill. This is how men have 'evolved' both biologically and psychologically. Then there is the added risk of being raped upon capture for female pilots. All in all, it is not the best suited career for females. PAF is open for female engineers which is a respectable career.

Slow down lady, you are trying too hard. Being ambitious is good, being blinded by it is stupid. No offense but thats how it works.
then how about teaching women how to survive . And the pain of getting shot is equally great for everyone so far being raped is concerned .. These days men are being raped as well . o_O. And if we dont start this evolution then who will other countries have kept women in forces for a very long time and now in USA a number of them are deployed in Afghanistan ..its time we start now . And after child brith child brith the G- tolerence decreases , it doesnt end .. We have to find away to enchance it And the biting the enemy's neck off thing , Well that varies from person to person .. Alot of girls arent scared to go in feild ..they just arent given the opportunities.. I know "men" who are even scared to sleep in dark let alone go to the warzone ..

We all have our personalities and i m very happy with mine.

has anyone blamed Izlum yet?
what is that??

Militarily women at this hour has best roles of IGCs, UCAs
They are ending women's seats in the PMA as well .. And never took them in the navy .. And PAF has nearly ended taking women you can go as an engineer or doctor only

Last edited:
fear of being raped is the lamest argument but thats how men think and they decide these things unfortunately.
however childbirth related absense is a big deal (in many professions), women are not thought to be professional enough and always put their family before their job.
May be govt should give compulsory paternity leave to create a more level playing field.

fear of being raped is the lamest argument but thats how men think and they decide these things unfortunately.
however childbirth related absense is a big deal (in many professions), women are not thought to be professional enough and always put their family before their job.
May be govt should give compulsory paternity leave to create a more level playing field.
How about telling these girls to create a balance between your work life and personal life just the way men have.. Like fixing the hours of service any unofficial leave would have to compensated through extra work ..and how about a "must serve policy" in a few areas like men have because the biggest problem is female officers whining about how they can't go to war areas .. This way you will automatically single out the girls who are serious about their work ,what you are getting paid for .. And girls who only want to get their pictures taken with an aeroplane wearing aviators and a uniform .. Tell them that its much more than this ... No special treatment
and childbirth is an issue all the countries are couping with . Then why not pakistan??

And during pregnancy give the women a desk job .. So the absence can be minimized to 3 months only, like all the other professions ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom