What's new

Aircraft Wreckages Discussion

They are in a really bad condition. I dont really think they can be fixed up or even preserved anymore. I my self saw one Hind helicopter at PAF Faisal, and F-6s in a totally bad condition. The way PAF put up mock ups of different aircrafts throughout the cities is totally awesome. It is the best way to keep the PAF name, and remember the defenders of Pakistan.

I dunno it always makes me sad to see planes like that. It seem almost disrespectful of the service they have provided. Like leaving a loyal dog who has died, lying in the street.

e8a5de37709587b96289a281b9e3ff04.jpg

2f521675ed7c48a555bb89f62b136fca.jpg

9570bf4413850c2c2cd1bf7cd8149bc7.jpg

I dunno.......maybe send some to museums or as ornaments for the airbases (I once saw a B52 on a plinth on the main gate of the airforce academy in Colorado):tup:

Wholy sh!t !!! that many aircrafts without any use, burning and wrecking in the heat of sun and other extreme weather conditions:disagree: .

Give me couple of them:P i can make a better use of emm certainly....:angel:

Let me ask you this.

In a short time. Who you going to use this against?

These aircrafts are canniblized and parts are used for existing Planes example being B52 bomber lot of them were made unusable as per US and USSR treaty still some of them are used also A10 which was used during Gulf war.

These aircrafts are canniblized and parts are used for existing Planes example being B52 bomber lot of them were made unusable as per US and USSR treaty still some of them are used also A10 which was used during Gulf war.

The picture is made at AMARC and I have been there less then two months ago...These B52's are not for spare parts. The B52 are parked here to show the execution of the treaty with Russia. The pylons of these B52 are just near the entrance. You will see also manufacturing material stored at the base... That was a contractual obligation with the producer... (insight info from me). These chopped B52 will probably end-up near the Pim Air Museum where they recycle the material... You can check the pics (I only posted small portion) on Pak def.info/forum in the pictures section and then check the
AMARC visit 09 2006...

Anyway... You gotta go to see this DM AFB and the museum... It was awesome...

Yes may be true I had seen History channel where they had discussions on how
they procure parts for old Aircrafts and about A10. I have not got chance to visit these places.

The trip was extremely cheap.. Something like 4 or 6 dollars... Lasted more then an hour...

See. I hear a lot of opinions here but none have seen that many planes... At Le bourget I sat in Druv. I talked to Sitara engineers. I talked to PAF Mirage engineer. Then here I have to defend simple logical facts.

I dunno.......maybe send some to museums or as ornaments for the airbases (I once saw a B52 on a plinth on the main gate of the airforce academy in Colorado):tup:

But like i said, they cannot be recovered. For Museum, you need a shiny piece of aircraft. The pictures on the above link tells the situation of the aircrafts, and it seems like nothing can be done about them.

I was thinking that they should do it before the aircraft turn into piles of rust.

The ones in the pictures are gone....

Back
Top Bottom