What's new

Air pollution in Beijing reaches hazardous levels

Well, the avoidance or non compliance with environmental standards is one of the reasons why production in China is so cheap. Another factor is the worker's health concerns or lack thereof.

On the plus side, at least they are aware of it and are making efforts to amend the situation.

That is one report (not a great link btw) but there are numerous others I can post which show Chinese cities fare far worse to Indian cities but it seems anything negative news about China is always met with anti-India posts lol
I can also show multiple sources showing Indian cities are the dirtiest in the world.

I can also show multiple sources showing Indian cities are the dirtiest in the world.

So from pollution you got to dirtiness? why must you bring India into this when the thread is about China and pollution if u wish you can make a thread on the subject.

So from pollution you got to dirtiness? why must you bring India into this when the thread is about China and pollution if u wish you can make a thread on the subject.

He needs to set the topic in another direction to earn for a bowl of rice.

you such a stupid Indian pretending to be a white,what's wrong with you.

lol, you wont even deny? :lol:

How is the air in Beijing? 7 times above normal allowed concentration? Must be nice to bask in all that progress.

very bad,but not always.Indian cities can be worth.are you a white or an ethnic Indian?

:lol:

so you not stray off topic too much and ponder about ethnicities and nationalities, i think we need a visualization of the problem.

8373014234_7c1520e2b1_z.jpg

No need to bring india into it guys , beijing polution is bad due to years of manufactering but our government is tackling it in a big way, give it a few more years and beijing will be the cleanest plave to live.

to correct you, it's years of gassification not years of manufacturing.
(and i'm not saying that the rest of the world has a problem with that... in fact the world thanks china for the "supreme sacrifice" of burning itself for greater good of mankind. :laugh:).

But the bad thing is the common chinese didn't undergo this gassification voluntarily, it was imposed by CPC. The moment the "voluntary" part goes away ... the "sacrifice" needs to be replaced with "torture". That's the difference.

Btw.. the manufacturing output per capita (and also geographic concentration) .. is way higher in Seoul, in Tokyo.. even Taiwan.
That should tell you the difference between "manufacturing" and "gassification".

It's only stupid (or monstrous, however you put it) CPC, which has converted china into a coal furnace.

50% of the world's coal is burnt in less than 2% of the world's area (eastern china) ... and now the world seems to have written off china as "dead land".. so let's burn more coal there by "exporting" more coal to china.

perhaps, materialistically speaking, it's good for the rest of the world .. but sympathies for ordinary chinese on a humanitarian basis.

2019617589.jpg

Photos of the Day: Nov. 6, 2012

Indian men rest in a park enveloped by a blanket of smog in New Delhi, India, Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2012. Environmentalists say that the level of pollution in the city has reached an alarming level and blame the smog on rising pollution, according to news reports.

DE07_PG1_2COLS_FOG_1260690e.jpg

A scene near Rashtrapati Bhawan as the city was engulfed in heavy fog, in New Delhi on Tuesday. Photo:Sushil Kumar Verma

A scene near Rashtrapati Bhawan as the city was engulfed in heavy fog, in New Delhi on Tuesday. Photo:Sushil Kumar Verma

do you know the difference between "fog" and "smog"...

new delhi is one of the least polluted cities in the developing world ... with CNG buses (largest in the world) and strict standards of pollution control.

don't make a joke of yourself by comparing New Delhi and Beijing.

Here are the "family rules" for Beijingers:

we have family rules:

above 100, and the air purifiers – all four of them – go on.
Above 200, we wear face masks outdoors. Above 300 and no one exercises or plays outside, even with a face mask on.
Above 500 and we try not to go out at all.

Breathing in Beijing: Coping With China's Smog - NYTimes.com

Follow these rules: Do not go out, Above 500.. okay.

what do you mean fog and smog?
Photos of the Day: Nov. 6, 2012

Indian men rest in a park enveloped by a blanket of smog in New Delhi, India, Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2012. Environmentalists say that the level of pollution in the city has reached an alarming level and blame the smog on rising pollution, according to news reports.

New Delhi, Now More Polluted Than Beijing - NYTimes.com
on 28th Nov, 2011

India has recently pulled far ahead of China on one dubious development marker – air pollution in the country’s capital.

The air quality in New Delhi on Monday afternoon was significantly worse than the air quality in Beijing, according to real-time air monitors run by the Indian and U.S. governments in both cities.

New Delhi, a landlocked, fast-growing metropolis of more than 16 million people, is regularly shrouded by haze and smog (sometimes euphemistically referred to as fog) in winter months, as barometric pressure and cooler air mix with construction dust, smoke from cow dung fires and car exhaust, which then hover over the city for days.....

do you know the difference between "fog" and "smog"...

new delhi is one of the least polluted cities in the developing world ... with CNG buses (largest in the world) and strict standards of pollution control.

don't make a joke of yourself by comparing New Delhi and Beijing.

Here are the "family rules" for Beijingers:

we have family rules:

above 100, and the air purifiers – all four of them – go on.
Above 200, we wear face masks outdoors. Above 300 and no one exercises or plays outside, even with a face mask on.
Above 500 and we try not to go out at all.

Breathing in Beijing: Coping With China's Smog - NYTimes.com

Follow these rules: Do not go out, Above 500.. okay.

Sorry, even the Tagesschau made a big article about Delhi's notorious smog and air pollution.

Neu-Delhi erstickt im Smog | tagesschau.de

Anyway, I think it's quite rich that the Guardian, an British newspaper, made such an article. We all do know that the word smog is a British invention made of fog and smoke during the hayday of British industry where people literarely dropped dead by the dozen on the street of London due to suffocation and air-toxication.

Air in Beijing can be horrible when there is no wind, I I haven't heard of people dropping dead by the dozen due to bad air.

there are many reasons for the current polution in beijing:
1.too many cars
2.too many manufacturing enterprises,although have moved some big polluting enterprises during the past several years,it is still one of the biggest Industrial cities in the world
3.crowded urban construction,tens of millions people live in such a small area with so many tall buildings.
4.location.the nearest desert is only 90kms away from Beijing,which is a big threat
5.dry and windy climate.cold wind mixed with a lot of sand blowing everyday in winter from Siberia,every year there are several sandstorms here.
6.heating,a lot of coal and natural gas are burned to provide heat.

Götterdämmerung;3799340 said:
Anyway, I think it's quite rich that the Guardian, an British newspaper, made such an article. We all do know that the word smog is a British invention made of fog and smoke during the hayday of British industry where people literarely dropped dead by the dozen on the street of London due to suffocation and air-toxication.

Air in Beijing can be horrible when there is no wind, I I haven't heard of people dropping dead by the dozen due to bad air.

that was 200 years ago...but if your point is to concede to the fact the Chinese have business practices from the Victorian era....

Götterdämmerung;3799340 said:
Sorry, even the Tagesschau made a big article about Delhi's notorious smog and air pollution.

Neu-Delhi erstickt im Smog | tagesschau.de

"smog" is a british word ...

china has given it a "new meaning".... gassification is the correct word if the correct meaning has to be communicated.

And btw.. it's the official CPC advice to Beijingers .... Don't get the fcuking out of your homes, it's death outside.

Back
Top Bottom