What's new

Air pollution in Beijing reaches hazardous levels

Don't believe it

no wonder you dont believe it' because you guys never look at mirror. u guys are a wonder in many ways.

how about just google country pollution rankings. from WHO, india 109, china 98.

china is the world manufacture center. it is sad to have pollution but we want better life.

can you tell me what indians are doing?

today is indeed very polluted,Beijing is three sides surrounded by the mountain,the city basically is a basin,although Beijing has strict restriction in limiting number of cars,it still has 5 milion cars and in winter the heating also generates a lot of pollution,but the smog will be gone in a couple of days when wind comes.
but some Indians think that China is Beijing,that's very ignorant,China is very big and she has tons of places where blue sky and fresh air all year around,Beijing is just a city in China.

a candid admission.. from a beijinger.

no wonder you dont believe it' because you guys never look at mirror. u guys are a wonder in many ways.

how about just google country pollution rankings. from WHO, india 109, china 98.

china is the world manufacture center. it is sad to have pollution but we want better life.

well, your govt officially tells the residents of the capital city to "stay indoors" since outside air is hazardous.

a curfew imposed in beijing .. officially !!!

the world should thank china for their "sacrifice" in burning themselves to death in the service of mankind. :laugh:

have some more coal imports.. if your own isn't sufficient. :laugh:

here is the link.Countries Ranked by Air Pollution | Statistic Brain

We need to fix the air quality. That is a must. We do not want to degenerate into the class of indian cities.

Heavy fogs these days are the culprits when paricles in air cant easily be blown away

because India is huge...

per 100,000 population singapore has more rapes than india.

Rape statistics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

now go and ask singapore.. whether they would want to become another beijing.. or rather deal with the crimes that may be happening sometimes?

btw. hongkong's rate is no different that india's, while PRC pleases to keep these figures as a state secret. :laugh:

you are just pathetic.

our women and girls are not afraid of going out shopping dining dancing socializing after dark and into the mid-nights

your girls/women from a few months old to old-aged are warned not to go outside of your houses after dark

and even staying at home is not safe. A young woman was killed by her father in india today at home.

No need to bring india into it guys , beijing polution is bad due to years of manufactering but our government is tackling it in a big way, give it a few more years and beijing will be the cleanest plave to live.

We need to fix the air quality. That is a must. We do not want to degenerate into the class of indian cities.

Heavy fogs these days are the culprits when paricles in air cant easily be blown away

you are just pathetic.

our women and girls are not afraid of going out shopping dining dancing socializing after dark and into the mid-nights

your girls/women from a few months old to old-aged are warned not to go outside of your houses after dark

and even staying at home is not safe. A young woman was killed by her father in india today at home.

just ignor him mate why bother argueing with a crown?

Last time I went to China in the big cities, my nose bleed a lot... I don't understand how people can live like this every single day, it's insane and certainly very bad for their health.

If this is something new to Chinese, in Tehran, we are used to it for many years.

Since few weeks ago, whole city was closed for three days.

Last time I went to China in the big cities, my nose bleed a lot... I don't understand how people can live like this every single day, it's insane and certainly very bad for their health.

you probably have some serious hidden illness before you went to China
It is seldom for a healthy person to bleed their noses like you did - and “a lot”!!!!

Give me some pollution anyday over serial rapists.

india has both in very bad shapes.

That is messed up but I'm pretty sure it's not a pollution issue. I lived in China for a number of years and never had that problem. You should break out the OHIP or whatever your provincial equivalent and see a doctor. Bring a magazine, took me 6 hours to get my damn toe looked at last time.

The number of Indians desperate to get H1 VISAs is actually a testament to that. And yeah, search up the top 10 polluted cities, India comes up.

here:
Top 10 Most Polluted Cities Around The World

Your capital is up there.

The reason i made my initial post was to say, don't troll.

You lot are funny really.. I know you folks have a habit of talking and taking crap but when you talk about others then at least back it up with something credible not any article that probably Pakistani tolls came up with.. I understand your urge to post crap on a thread about pollution in China.. any attack on the reputation of master China will be answered by last existing Pakistani..

Funny indeed a troll is asking others not to troll..

You lot are funny really.. I know you folks have a habit of talking and taking crap but when you talk about others then at least back it up with something credible not any article that probably Pakistani tolls came up with.. I understand your urge to post crap on a thread about pollution in China.. any attack on the reputation of master China will be answered by last existing Pakistani..

Funny indeed a troll is asking others not to troll..

Before you start to come and BS, please see the kind of posts your fellow Indian members made. I just replied to that, to send a message that don't troll and BS.

I couldn't care less about China or America. The fact is, Indian members have a habit of poking their nose in where they shouldn't and that too done by senior members, is equally shameful.

The number of Indians desperate to get H1 VISAs is actually a testament to that. And yeah, search up the top 10 polluted cities, India comes up.

here:
Top 10 Most Polluted Cities Around The World

Your capital is up there.

The reason i made my initial post was to say, don't troll.

That is one report (not a great link btw) but there are numerous others I can post which show Chinese cities fare far worse to Indian cities but it seems anything negative news about China is always met with anti-India posts lol

Satellite data reveals Beijing as air pollution capital of world | News | The Guardian

As it gears up to host the 2008 Olympic Games Beijing has been awarded an unwelcome new accolade: the air pollution capital of the world.

Satellite data has revealed that the city is one of the worst environmental victims of China's spectacular economic growth, which has brought with it air pollution levels that are blamed for more than 400,000 premature deaths a year.

According to the European Space Agency, Beijing and its neighbouring north-east Chinese provinces have the planet's worst levels of nitrogen dioxide, which can cause fatal damage to the lungs.

An explosive increase in car ownership is blamed for a sharp rise in unhealthy emissions. In the past five years the number of vehicles clogging the capital's streets has more than doubled to nearly 2.5m. It is expected to top the 3m mark by the start of the Olympics in 2008.

Alarm about the perilous state of the environment has gathered pace in recent years. China is the world's second-largest producer of greenhouse gases, and the World Bank has warned it is home to 16 of the planet's 20 most air-polluted cities.

According to the European satellite data, pollutants in the sky over China have increased by about 50% during the past 10 years. Senior officials warn that worse is still to come. At a recent seminar Zhang Lijun, deputy director of the environmental protection agency, said that pollution levels could more than quadruple within 15 years unless the country can slow the rise in energy consumption and automobile use.

A recently published study, conducted by the Chinese Academy on Environmental Planning, blamed air pollution for 411,000 premature deaths - mostly from lung and heart-related diseases - in 2003. It said that a third of China's urban residents were exposed to harmful levels of pollution. More than 100 million people live in cities, such as Beijing, where the air is considered "very dangerous".

The political implications are also becoming more apparent. Health concerns, particularly regarding cancer and birth defects thought to be caused by chemical factories, have been a major factor in a recent wave of protests. Conservation groups say acid rain falls on a third of China's territory and 70% of rivers and lakes are so full of toxins they can no longer be used for drinking water.

Back
Top Bottom