What's new

Air Force Question Thread

This is a Dutch airbase.

Capture-6.png

Similarly, all other airbases are masked like this, or pixelated at a certain height. French, Israeli even Japanese airbases are also pixelated or masked.

My question is, why does not PAF do it? , especially considering that 2 attacks have happened at the airbases, and the terrorists can have easy recce of the airbase through GE, and in most cases, even know which planes are where.

What are the difficulties in doing it, monetary issues, political issues? I read somewhere that Japan requested GE to pixelate it's military installation, so do you have to just make a request?

I second you over here. Although it would not end the terrorist activities, it will reduce them to minimal level. The Saudi authorities had earlier censored their military and civil airports, but now they're open. All military establishments must be censored for public use.

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone can answer my questions (and sorry if its already been answered elsewhere) I served in the British Royal Air Force Regiment for a number of years and wondered if the Pakistan Air Force had anything similar ? ie a unit that undertakes Ground Defence and low level Air Defence of Air Bases or forward deployed Air Force units ??

Thanks for any help.

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone can answer my questions (and sorry if its already been answered elsewhere) I served in the British Royal Air Force Regiment for a number of years and wondered if the Pakistan Air Force had anything similar ? ie a unit that undertakes Ground Defence and low level Air Defence of Air Bases or forward deployed Air Force units ??

Thanks for any help.

Yes there are....

Hi guys, please help me distinguish the difference between the aircraft.

Multi-role combat aircraft vs. Fighter Aircraft vs. Fighter Attack vs. Fighter Bomber vs. Strike Fighter vs. Air Superiority

In my mind Su-27, F-16, MiG-29, Rafale, EF-2000, J-10, J-11 & JF-17 are the fighter aircraft or multi-role combat aircraft. I understand that the F-14D, F-15E and F-35 all three are Strike Fighter, the Su-34 (or similar Su-24, JH-7, F-4, F-105 & Tornado IDS) is a fighter bomber, F/A-18 is a fighter attack role. And eventually Su-35, T-50 and F-22 are air superiority.

They are similar to each other, they work with air-to-air, surface attack and interdiction

I do not see the difference between them !!!!!

Hi All,

Thanks for any help.

PAF employs base air-defence units. they are listed as squadrons eg; 84 Crotale Squadron etc. perimeter defence is leased to the PA.

Hi guys, please help me distinguish the difference between the aircraft.

Multi-role combat aircraft vs. Fighter Aircraft vs. Fighter Attack vs. Fighter Bomber vs. Strike Fighter vs. Air Superiority

You can always Google...

Multirole combat aircraft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Fighter aircraft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Fighter-bomber - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Strike fighter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Air superiority fighter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hi All,

Thanks for any help.

There are Ground Combatier (GC) in PAF, which are airmen tasked with role of bases security and ground role in war (If required). GC go through very hard training (including weapons training) just like soldiers of army or navy. They used to be in small number in the past, but after attacks on military installations and airbases GC induction has increased rapidly in PAF.

Thank you Last Hope,Fatman17 and Najam Khan for your answers, they are much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom