What's new

Air Force Question Thread

Sir, Murad, you mentioned about the very low level flight that you and your co-pilots used to carry out sometimes. (that must take a lot of skill, hats off to you and other pilots):enjoy:

My question is: "Did you guys used to be questioned by the senior officers back at base, as to why did you carry out this low flight?"

and if "YES", "Were you guys ever punished for doing it?":police:

But, Sir,, in my view this is very dangerous adventure on the part of pilots, you are well aware of the dangers, like bird strikes etc, so "Does PAF nowadays have any restrictions as to what the present pilots can and cannot do? like these low level flights":cool:

I asked lot of questions, hope you donot mind.:rolleyes:

Military pilots are trained and suppose to fly low for various reasons. For that they are trained in a very systematic way while being made aware of all the low level hazards that they might face. Its a risky flying no doubt but it all comes as a second nature once you are adequately and properly trained.

The low level flying training in PAF starts from the academy. The qualified instructors demonstrate the students first and then expect them to do it by themselves. There is a good chunk of Low level Navigation syllabus in academy where you initially start to fly around 500 feet AGL ( above ground level) and once comfortable, subsequently lower your height to 150 feet AGL ( or even further lower). By the time student pilots graduate from academy, join Fighter conversion units, qualify operational conversion and finally join their first fighter squadron, Low Level flying is second nature to them.

Over the decades, flying operations have matured and changed dramatically. As Sir MK has stated that flight safety has taken the front seat and today’s pilots cannot think of doing many things that their predecessors did. Every aircraft is equipped with transponder, there is a good network of low level radars and hence there are many eyes that are monitoring that what you are doing up there and where you are going. Aircrafts and pilot training have become very expensive and no one wants to risk losing a life or a machine while doing something stupid and utterly unnecessary. While pilots still fly at ultra low level altitudes as operations demand so but it’s all very organised and scrutinised.

However, sometimes people still do silly things like buzzing over towns or unauthorised flying but they can’t get away from the bamboo that follows later. :smokin:

please can somebody start a thread with bvr comparisons [techniacal and practical aspects]regarding aim120c/d ,adder /sd10 1/2 ,mica/meteor , darter, pl12, pl13 bvrs??
does the adder enjoy supremecy over 120c? etc
@meanbird.. you have a very good knowledge perhaps you could start this thread?:guns::sniper:

I have a question, what is Pakistan's BVR capability as of now?

Please don't spill any guts or sensitive info...Just looking for an informative answer.

If you could also provide a regional comparison of nation's with BVR capabilities that would be nice too.

Thanks

Last edited:
sohailbutt check this out...Mods something related to low flying if posted wrong u can remove it thanks..

Last edited by a moderator:

Please don't spill any guts or sensitive info...Just looking for an informative answer.

If you could also provide a regional comparison of nation's with BVR capabilities that would be nice too.

Thanks

As to BVR, I am afraid, i have a very pessimistic view~~~

BRV is not only the radar' s problem but also a big test on missile 's range! anyway, this 's is a very complex and comprehensive question

Thanks

One line answer: 40% force is BVR capable, However no missile available(So we have a 0% capability as of now Tuesday May12th 2009 7:07 PST :P).

Saudi Arabia is the best Islamic Friend of Pakistan. he gave gift of F-05 to Pakistan in 1971
u may visit bolpakistan.com to get more information and history of F-05 and Pakistan Saudi Arabia relations

Saudi Arabia is the best Islamic Friend of Pakistan. he gave gift of F-05 to Pakistan in 1971
u may visit bolpakistan.com to get more information and history of F-05 and Pakistan Saudi Arabia relations

Whats F-05?

Read it.. Looks like another feud over Wikipedia article owner ship.. I think its actually a problem that anybody can edit Wikipedia.(Although the changes are approved by the site operators).
From what I can gather it probably reflects what I said earlier about the bird. Its the first time they are doing this on thier own completely and they tried to put in too much. Should have been flown light, basic glass cockpit and should have planned for a foreign engine from the start, Flight characteristics documented and then move onto avionics,composites.. etc. Kind of like ACM Mushaf did, He knew radar and other avionics were holding the thunder up, so he pushed hard for the aircraft to be built and flown first. Avionics and the like can be integrated later. And a project that was half dead suddenly came to life and flew in less than 5 years.
But.. The Indians did learn how not to make a 4.5 jet, so while the posts in the page do suggest the Tejas in trouble. IT does also mean that the tooling, Electronics and software have been tested. So.. while they an ditch this project and call it a lost cause. The things they learn from it can be used for the MCA or any other aircraft they produce.
Btw.. does anyone have that F-16 picture.. the one with top gun on the nose??

The James bond of the Aircraft world?
:)

I think he may be referring to F-5...
though that was Jordan and not Saudi Arabia.

:lol::lol:KSA has never given Pakistan any Military help on the other hand during, Bhutto, Auyb and Zia's era, We and the Chinese have done a lot for there Forces.

must be talking about Iranian F5 ....its in pic gallery with Pak flag on tail.

Back
Top Bottom