What's new

Air Force Question Thread

Pakistan can confirm with US if their drones are in the area..If they fly from east then they are not American's drones besides i don't think India can put US flag's on their drones and i highly doubt America would sell drone tech to any country atm

My original q
>>I hope i am posting this in right forum. I wanted to ask a q regarding drone >>attacks i would be much interested to know opinion of pak air force guys, ok here >>it goes suppose india bought same drone models like US is using in Pak and also >>disguise them like US drones how will it be differentiated from US drones? I am >>assuming drones are operating from afghanistan.

Can u visually identify even when it has been disguise?

tal,

To start with and as many people have said, India doesn't have drones.

Secondly, it has surfaced from many sources that these drones actually fly from pakistani bases and with full knowledge of our government. So they must be telling our forces in advance before conducting any such operation whether they are flying from pakistan or afghanistan.

Thirdly, if anything flies even close to the india-pakistan border, it gets detected by radars and you know where these are coming from. If you are suggesting that these are indian drones but flying from afghanistan, then too our intelligence agencies have a pretty good idea who is in afghanistan and what they are doing. India doesn't have ground forces there and you cannot be flying drones out of embassies and not get noticed.

Finally as noted above, you cannot replicate the whole drone design and be flying with US flags on it. So seeing the above, it is impossible for what you are suggesting to happen.

How low you can fly ? ....and how low pilot need to fly to evade radar ? Is their any special training in PAF for flying low ?

air force call tree hight and some time more then that when tree hight some one fly its hard to detect on radar.am i right sir murad?.

How low you can fly ? ....and how low pilot need to fly to evade radar ?

I guess something along these lines should be good enough to evade radar or altitude of 100m should avoid detected till the last moment when it is too late. But that is just my guess.

Is their any special training in PAF for flying low ?
Seeing that we have such a territory, I am sure our pilots must be having such trainings. Murad Sahib will be in a better position to comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
tal,

To start with and as many people have said, India doesn't have drones.

Secondly, it has surfaced from many sources that these drones actually fly from pakistani bases and with full knowledge of our government. So they must be telling our forces in advance before conducting any such operation whether they are flying from pakistan or afghanistan.

Thirdly, if anything flies even close to the india-pakistan border, it gets detected by radars and you know where these are coming from. If you are suggesting that these are indian drones but flying from afghanistan, then too our intelligence agencies have a pretty good idea who is in afghanistan and what they are doing. India doesn't have ground forces there and you cannot be flying drones out of embassies and not get noticed.

Finally as noted above, you cannot replicate the whole drone design and be flying with US flags on it. So seeing the above, it is impossible for what you are suggesting to happen.

So which country did the searcher UAV flying in our airspace near the Indian border which was taken down by an F-16 during the previous to previous standoff belong to,OR do the other IAI provided Unmanned Aerial Vehicles not qualify as drones?What is a drone by definition then?

My original q
>>I hope i am posting this in right forum. I wanted to ask a q regarding drone >>attacks i would be much interested to know opinion of pak air force guys, ok here >>it goes suppose india bought same drone models like US is using in Pak and also >>disguise them like US drones how will it be differentiated from US drones? I am >>assuming drones are operating from afghanistan.

Can u visually identify even when it has been disguise?

Tal Every day Air Defence Command get a list of private, commercial and PAF fighters so they know which and where the object is other wise CAP is on it.
Even if a known fighter goes into a no fly Zone by accident CAP is on his *** to Ascort him out of that Zone.

I guess something along these lines should be good enough to evade radar or altitude of 100m should avoid detected till the last moment when it is too late. But that is just my guess.

H02iFmosrH4[/media] - F16 Low Level

Seeing that we have such a territory, I am sure our pilots must be having such trainings. Murad Sahib will be in a better position to comment.

We used to fly 20 to 30 feet above the water in the Valley done it in F-86 , F-6, F-7, F-16, I remember a old actress name Sangita was shooting her movie ( Mouthi ber Chawal ) and me and Andrabi were flying so slow that they were shooting over the rocks we passed and she fainted by the time we landed we got the whole news about what had happend and the film industry is very upset. Just to see who the hell was she we both went and watched the movie when it came out.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sir, Murad, you mentioned about the very low level flight that you and your co-pilots used to carry out sometimes. (that must take a lot of skill, hats off to you and other pilots):enjoy:

My question is: "Did you guys used to be questioned by the senior officers back at base, as to why did you carry out this low flight?"

and if "YES", "Were you guys ever punished for doing it?":police:

But, Sir,, in my view this is very dangerous adventure on the part of pilots, you are well aware of the dangers, like bird strikes etc, so "Does PAF nowadays have any restrictions as to what the present pilots can and cannot do? like these low level flights":cool:

I asked lot of questions, hope you donot mind.:rolleyes:

Sir good old days chaffing still effective weapon against radar and radar guide missiles..AA

Sohail,

Murad Sahib is saying that they used to do so because of the question being raised...i.e...fly so low that you cannot be detected by enemy radar. Its a standard practice and even US bombers use to practice after one of their plane was shot down from 71,000ft by the Russians. Before that, the practice was to fly so high as to be out of reach.

They use to practice it as part of a tactics not as disobeying orders or for fun.

Ever commanding officer ever use fowl lingo during mission briefing ?...For example if ...India intruders....lolzz

Sir, Murad, you mentioned about the very low level flight that you and your co-pilots used to carry out sometimes. (that must take a lot of skill, hats off to you and other pilots):enjoy:

My question is: "Did you guys used to be questioned by the senior officers back at base, as to why did you carry out this low flight?"

and if "YES", "Were you guys ever punished for doing it?":police:

But, Sir,, in my view this is very dangerous adventure on the part of pilots, you are well aware of the dangers, like bird strikes etc, so "Does PAF nowadays have any restrictions as to what the present pilots can and cannot do? like these low level flights":cool:

I asked lot of questions, hope you donot mind.:rolleyes:

In our days we did a lot of things by our selves do the mission and then have fun Swat was our favorite destination flying inside the valley WHAT A RUSH normally you were not allowed but 2 war vets flying no one messed with you plus if you are a Sqd Cmd you are the boss. I used to take everyone of my students through the valley, after that then came a time when flight safety was really drilled into your brains, Me and my big mouth told an AVM and I a Sqd Ldr at that time IF YOU ARE SO WORRIED ABOUT FLIGHT SAFETY STOP FLYING :lol:
Now a days senior pilots do what ever they feel like but junior pilots nope. Things are pretty strict but good pilots who are well known for there flying still do what we used to do.

I think i should be more clear with my question I never assume that they were flying from India. India is using Afghanistan to destabilize pak so they can do that too IMHO. Second i think US drones operating in Pakistan don't have any flags on it, correct me if i am wrong? What would u ppl say if drone attack intelligence is leaked it can be used by other parties right? btw thanks for replying everybody

I think i should be more clear with my question I never assume that they were flying from India. India is using Afghanistan to destabilize pak so they can do that too IMHO. Second i think US drones operating in Pakistan don't have any flags on it, correct me if i am wrong? What would u ppl say if drone attack intelligence is leaked it can be used by other parties right? btw thanks for replying everybody

India is worried that it is surrounded by opponents... All armed by China. Pakistan, China, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Myanmar etc etc... All it can do is use a destroyed nation like Afghanistan to surround Pakistan. They did the same with the paria Iran but that did not work wel cause Idia voted against Iran about Nuclear program while loved to have US nuclear help...

Besides that... With Indian programs failing there is nothing else left then acting like a terrorist.

Back
Top Bottom