What's new

Air Force Question Thread

That's for Land Bombing.Pakistan's F16's can perform CAP/A2A Missions 24/7 but for night Air to Ground missions only few are capable AFAIK they have some special pods.Mirage is used for strike platform if i am not wrong and it can bomb in Night or Day.

Last edited:
Pakistani F16 are night mission capable ?...because today senate briefing by Halbrooke show they are not . Here is the quote.

Saad is correct! The current ATLIS is only a day/fair weather designation pod. It cannot conduct lasing of targets at night time as a result PGM deliveries cannot be carried out at that time.

The Sniper pod essentially is a FLIR like the DART one on PAF Mirages. If upgraded, the F-16s would be able to carry out strikes at night time as well.

balin that means currently we have no night time capable strike platform currently....

balin that means currently we have no night time capable strike platform currently....

Zarrar Sqn at Kamra is nite-strike capable (Mirage Rose IIIs)!:enjoy:

its is only a squadron of mirages with night time operational status!

infact there are two types of night capability:
1: to operate in dark, without the help of any star light cbased completely on scientific equipment
2: to operate in moon light

only the squadron of mirages is equiped with instruments to be night time operational!

do anyone know which targetting pod the JF17 will be carrying for groung attack role?

it is some LDTP
"Laser Designator and Targeting Pod (LDTP) is for target illumination and detection with day/ night capabilities."

can anyone provide with some etailed info?

regards!

Hi,

I hope i am posting this in right forum. I wanted to ask a q regarding drone attacks i would be much interested to know opinion of pak air force guys, ok here it goes suppose india bought same drone models like US is using in Pak and also disguise them like US drones how will it be differentiated from US drones? I am assuming drones are operating from afghanistan.

thanks
tal

No we definitely do. The Mirage IIIs (Rose II/IIIs) are excellent night attack platforms with an excellent FLIR which allows PGM deliveries day/night/adverse weather. Undoubtedly this capability would be further enhanced with Sniper equipped F-16s.

Zarrar Sqn at Kamra is nite-strike capable (Mirage Rose IIIs)!:enjoy:

FM Sir,

We have more than a sqn worth of these FLIR equipped Mirages in service. The PAF liked this capability so much during the ROSE II upgrades that additional Mirages were put through the ROSE III upgrades just to get more aircraft with the FLIR capability.

These Mirages are an amazing force multipliers post ROSEII/III upgrades.

Hi,

I hope i am posting this in right forum. I wanted to ask a q regarding drone attacks i would be much interested to know opinion of pak air force guys, ok here it goes suppose india bought same drone models like US is using in Pak and also disguise them like US drones how will it be differentiated from US drones? I am assuming drones are operating from afghanistan.

thanks
tal

You cannot tell whose UAV/drone it is, however you can detect it and take action. The jury is out on where the drones are operating from.

In such situations fast Air Crafts are no good until it uses LDW. We should open up one of our sealed pens which have Harvard T-6 and use 2 0r 3 they are very slow, tuff and can bomb the **** out of the Taliban's,
Or its time to use K-8 even T-37. The T-6 is a very difficult plane to fly most pilots now a days wount even know how to fly it but we can. I am sure there are pilots from my era who would jump in without questions.
Oh and I just didn't come up with the T-6 idea it was discussed day before yesterday in a high level meeting.

Last edited:
Oh and I just didn't come up with the T-6 idea it was discussed day before yesterday in a high level meeting.

Use T-6s! It would be a wake-up call to the world if we did that. A Korean war era plane to fight a war in the 21st century. The Americans will torch their F-35s if we succeed!

Just kidding ofcourse.

Use T-6s! It would be a wake-up call to the world if we did that. A Korean war era plane to fight a war in the 21st century. The Americans will torch their F-35s if we succeed!

Just kidding ofcourse.

Americans had every technology in NAM but they were forces to use WII fighters to support there ground troops.

Back
Top Bottom