What's new

Air Force Question Thread

First I asked question about CFT. I thought may be by adding CFT on JF-17, we can save two hard points for BVR missels on wings. But if we increase hard points from 7 to 9, then its ok.

Hi,

JF 17 is a much smaller plane than the F 16---it will really look chubby with cft's ( will it be as agile with the extra weight and bulge )---as Maxim and Muradk stated it is not needed either at this stage---first job is to get the fleet of 50 airborne and made fully capable to do their jobs. Any further modifications are possibly not wanting at this moment.

As Muradk stated that with the air tankers in service---the plane will take off with full load and minimal fuel---once airborne---the plane will fill up in the air---.

Aircraft burn more fuel on take off---one of our pilot colleagues can describe that in detail---like how much the A 5 / F7PG / Mirage 3/5 used on take off.

Hi, what is underneath the fuselage of this F-6?

One of the modifications to the PAF's F-6 was addition of a conformal fuel tank under the fuselage, that must be it. Old Mig designs like Mig-19 (F-6) have very small range, I guess PAF preferred the conformal fuel tank because they would always have to fly with a droptank anyway.
I read about one civilian pilot who actually owns and flies old Migs, he commented that by the time you have taxied to the runway you need to refuel.

While searching the Mirage F1 material, I came across this article on the ACIG,

Mirage F.1s in Combat

This article mentions Pakistani pilots flying F-1s in Libyan AF. Did they also participate in operations against targets in Chad?. What are the details if this is true? The timeframe that the article mentions is 1981-1983 for Pakistani pariticpation.

Last edited:
I had a question, today i read in the news that Pakistani Forces targetted the terrorists in Orkazai. Which jets are used for operations like these to drop off precision guided bombs?

I had a question, today i read in the news that Pakistani Forces targetted the terrorists in Orkazai. Which jets are used for operations like these to drop off precision guided bombs?

F-16s for sure and possibly Mirages. Initially even F-7s were used.

The twin-engined Jian-8IIM is claimed to be better equipped to survive damage than single-engined F-16A/C and Mirage 2000 series. The high-altitude high-speed performance of the Jian-8IIM is superior to the F-16A/C, F-18, and Mirage 2000; and its radar and electronic equipment are better than those of the F-16A and are similar to those of F-16C, F-18,and Mirage 2000-5. By using the new, powerful WP-13B engines, the Jian-8IIM fighter boasts greatly improved low-altitude maneuverability, which is slightly better than that of the F-18 and Mirage 2000-5, but still inferior to that of the F-16
Fighter J-8 Finback Air force Arsenal
J-8 (Jianjiji-8 Fighter aircraft 8) / F-8

my question is that instead of making a new jet.. i.e jf17 why didnt we made a single engined j8 from china? the initial 3 fc1 prototypes have a striking resemblence with j8...

Last edited:
The twin-engined Jian-8IIM is claimed to be better equipped to survive damage than single-engined F-16A/C and Mirage 2000 series. The high-altitude high-speed performance of the Jian-8IIM is superior to the F-16A/C, F-18, and Mirage 2000; and its radar and electronic equipment are better than those of the F-16A and are similar to those of F-16C, F-18,and Mirage 2000-5. By using the new, powerful WP-13B engines, the Jian-8IIM fighter boasts greatly improved low-altitude maneuverability, which is slightly better than that of the F-18 and Mirage 2000-5, but still inferior to that of the F-16
my question is that instead of making a new jet.. i.e jf17 why didnt we made a single engined j8 from china? the initial 3 fc1 prototypes have a striking resemblence with j8...

First of all, where did you get that from?

Secondly, J-8 is primarily an interceptor much like the LCA and not a Multi-Role fighter like JF-17 or F-16. High altitude, high speed do not perform very good in low altitude, low speed and not as maneuverable. Besides, its an old design.

many many times i see PAF use F-7s in fata posible as sir blan say F-16 & MIRAGES also used.sir blan what abut A-5 its ground attack also?.

many many times i see PAF use F-7s in fata posible as sir blan say F-16 & MIRAGES also used.sir blan what abut A-5 its ground attack also?.

A-5 YES. F-16S were used but now I mean yesterday they used A-5s and F-7s. It depends on the mission Day or light.

yes 100% right sir i see f-7s use are we really need f-16 used in this kind of actions sir i think we have to keep out and far our f-16 from this small actions .

i heard somewhere thatPAF aircrafts were flying all over peshawar mostly over hayatabad for more then 1hour(1037p.m-1145p.m)the pilots were flying at low altitudes... any cause/updates?

Pakistani F16 are night mission capable ?...because today senate briefing by Halbrooke show they are not . Here is the quote.

The US envoy said that Pakistan had used F-16 aircraft against the militants in Bajaur and Swat but only during the daylight.

The US, he said, was now doing midlife upgrading of these F-16s and after the upgrading they could be used more effectively against the extremists.

Mr Holbrooke said that the DG ISI, who accompanied the presidential delegation to Washington, would stay in the US capital after the delegation left.
dawn.com

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom