What's new

Air Force Question Thread

US approval needed, along with OEM support in integration. SOM seems to be the only option considering that any request for sale of AGM-158 JASSM to Pakistan will almost certainly be declined.

Agreed. F-16 role is primarily air defence since PAF doesn't possess/use HARM, Harpoon, air-to-ground cruise missiles and Durandal with them, AFAIK.

Raad (and later Raad-II) were developed as strategic weapons, i.e., primarily meant to carry a nuclear payload. A smaller version, if developed, will likely come in the ~700-800kg weight class with a smaller warhead (~250kg) and a smaller range, potentially compromising the second strike capability in aerial domain.

Now, if this is what is required, why not acquire the CM-802AKG with local assembly/production rights and label it indigenous?

PN has already done it with C-602 (Zarb), that is operated by the NSFC.

@Tps43
Of course why not brilliant idea

Q. If the PAF faces issues over spares for our aging F-16 - how difficult would it be to Reverse Engineer some of the Mechanical Parts by PAC?

I know that it might not be possible for certain exterior components and/or electrical based on complexity - but just wondering.

Case in point: Iranians have been flying those F-14 Tomcats for well over 04 Decades now. Its not as if they can get parts from another nation under the table - no one has ever operated those jets.

Iran had 77-80 f-14 so it’s current fleet is few so most of the fleet was canabalized to keep it flying

86ujgg.jpg

Hi,

It is the POWER PROJECTION that matters---. Numbers are just for show---. What is inside of the aircraft---that is what is important---.

2 sqdrn's of F22's can take out 20 sqdrn's of enemy aircraft without a hiccup---.

So---please don't be flattered by the enemy's aircraft sqdrn's going down---.

Their power projection---force multiplication---has gone up multiple times by inducting newer aircraft and retiring older gen aircraft---.

So---Pakistanis lads should not fall into that FEEL GOOD TRAP---.

i heard that only 10 - 12 % of gdp cadets successfully earn their wings . why is it that the rest of them fail ? do they lack study preparation ? or it that they are just not good enough ? i apologize for posting this thread again since no one was replying

The requirements are very strict, and only a handful can be chosen.

i heard that only 10 - 12 % of gdp cadets successfully earn their wings . why is it that the rest of them fail ? do they lack study preparation ? or it that they are just not good enough ? i apologize for posting this thread again since no one was replying
You heard wrong..only 10-12% fail to earn their wings or maybe even less than this percentage.

if we know it then everyone will pass dear and got wings :lol:
Bossman course is not secret... There's PFT then BFT and atlast AJFT.All of this involves simple flying and anyone who can withstand heights and Ragra can pass it.Real deal starts from FCU.

02 Nov 2005, 19:23

College of Flying Training (CFT)
Responsibility for transforming new cadets into potential officer material and imparting basic flying skills is entrusted to the College of Flying Training (CFT). Based since 1947 at Risalpur, the CFT controls the Flying Training Wing (FTW) which was established at Risalpur on 19 July 1955. The FTW itself is divided into two separate and distinct training organizations, namely the Primary Flying Training Wing (PFTW) operating the PAC MFI-17 'Mushshak' and the MFI-395 'Super Mushshak' primary trainers and the Basic Flying Training Wing (BFTW) operating the PAC/NAMC K-8 ('Karakorum-8') intermediate and advanced jet trainer (AJT).

One common element for all trainees is the constant pressure to excel. Only 10-15% of the original candidates succeed in earning their wings. In other words, of the original entry of 100 cadets only 10-15 survive to become pilots in the PAF. Only the best become PAF pilots, and only the best of the best become PAF fighter pilots.

( i actually saw this information on this website .i was suprised myself to see the numbers )
http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4225

02 Nov 2005, 19:23

College of Flying Training (CFT)
Responsibility for transforming new cadets into potential officer material and imparting basic flying skills is entrusted to the College of Flying Training (CFT). Based since 1947 at Risalpur, the CFT controls the Flying Training Wing (FTW) which was established at Risalpur on 19 July 1955. The FTW itself is divided into two separate and distinct training organizations, namely the Primary Flying Training Wing (PFTW) operating the PAC MFI-17 'Mushshak' and the MFI-395 'Super Mushshak' primary trainers and the Basic Flying Training Wing (BFTW) operating the PAC/NAMC K-8 ('Karakorum-8') intermediate and advanced jet trainer (AJT).

One common element for all trainees is the constant pressure to excel. Only 10-15% of the original candidates succeed in earning their wings. In other words, of the original entry of 100 cadets only 10-15 survive to become pilots in the PAF. Only the best become PAF pilots, and only the best of the best become PAF fighter pilots.

( i actually saw this information on this website .i was suprised myself to see the numbers )
http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4225
All information is correct except for the passing ratio.

Back
Top Bottom