What's new

Air Force Question Thread

Hi,

Navy needs it own wing---I would not mind the air force being merged into the army.

There is no sense having a third wing-----. When the navy needs it and when the army needs it----it can call on its own resources.

Shouldn't we make our own version of Pentagon? a combined GHQ

They are delta wings and an exception to the rule you mentioned
How so?? In fact all these three delta aircraft also have the same small wing pylons like the mirages .. please google their images and compare the size of pylons with non-delta aircraft.

My question is directed @MastanKhan but anyone else is welcome to respond

Since you claim that PAF has a history of acquisition blunders so would it help Pakistan better if PAF was merged in to the air wings of the Navy and Army?

The US did not have a separate air force in WWII. All aircraft were operated by the army, navy and marines during the war.

Other countries that have taken this step in recent times are Canada and Belgium.

The RAF although not been disbanded but has too gotten rid of its once proud fighter and bomber commands.

By not having a separate air force the navy too can get its share of funds.

Your thoughts
It may or may not. My humble opinion is that PAFs problems stem from the lack of finances and from that point of view it would not help and at times political interference.
However from economical operations and better coordination I think it would be a fantastic move. Traditionally the country has three operational commands. If forces could be divided into commands and resources could be allocated it would cut the red tape and administrative overheads and possibly give a more coordinated force. As someone has mentioned the Navy's role is unique and only confined to the eastern command. Whether it can be integrated into the eastern command for better coordination or not is something which people who have been in the force can answer better@ Rashid Mahmood, @ Jaibi,@ Horus,@fatman17.
A

Last edited:
gallery_518_922_100267.jpg

What options PAF has against
SU30-MKI
Rafales
and SU35 (in future)

I dont think F-16 and JF-17 can match these

What's the difference between a twin engine fighter jet and the one that's not?

The only reason their are 2 engine fighter jets is because if one engine fails you still have the other. The second engine does add extra weight but the power output compensates for it, easily.

Why their is unusually high number of flights of PAF Jets in the Sky of Karachi since last few hours?

guys can somebody help me out .... in understanding what is this ..... posted on FB
(I am assuming its not PSed)

View attachment 292373

found it on Strategical Journal on 7 january

Hi,

Surprised that you did not know abou it---that was when two pakistani F7PG's took on the F22---and you know what happens when pakistani pilots take on foreign pilots---!!!

What's the difference between a twin engine fighter jet and the one that's not?

Hi,

It is more powerful---can carry COMPARATIVELY more weight---fly longer distances---can carry more fuel and more weapons.

Hello fellowmembers.
I had a query , i hope im posting it in the right section. I applied for 86TH CAE , my ISSB is clear , my CMB is clear but i didnt got the joining call for the course , as my ISSB s valid for one year im waiting for my chance for joining in 87th CAE. Is there anyone here who has gone through such a phase and could share about the chances..

Thankyou.

Back
Top Bottom