What's new

Air Force Question Thread

Please tell me how to chat any one here, i am new!!!!!!!!!!!!!! reply me soon as possible!

Air Marshal Iqbal was on secondment to outside posting, prior to his new assignment as CPD JF17 PMO.

Air Marshal Iqbal was on secondment to outside posting, prior to his new assignment as CPD JF17 PMO.
secondment outside posting means he is assigned jobs in other countries? previously thought he was promoted from PAF system, seems he is not.

secondment outside posting means he is assigned jobs in other countries? previously thought he was promoted from PAF system, seems he is not.
Secondment means he was not serving directly in PAF, as in this case he was in ISI, and now will be returning to a regular PAF position.

2d147yf.jpg

A general question here, @gambit @Oscar

Why are the fuel tanks on Delta planes (J10 and Mirage) attached almost with the wings while the ones on JF17, F16 and other non-delta ones attached with huge racks ?? Whats the science behind this and wont it be better to have smaller ones to safe extra weight ??

Last edited:
Pals, any idea on the where about of vice airmarshall Rab Nawaz. I had learnt that his son had passed away in a fokker crash a few years back. I had the pleasure of meeting him many times.

What will be the status of Thompson Atlis II laser designator pod after the integration of new Sniper pods in F-16s?

I was asking because I was wondering what aircraft would we use for HALO/HAHO jumps for let's say 35,000 ft. We don't have the IL76 MD do we? We have the IL78 only no?

So it can be done but its never done? More to do with the load master feeling cold and sick? Do I understand correctly?

From what I know, the IL-78 is a version of the IL-76MD...and the MD had independent pressurization of the cockpit and the cargo hold...so 78 would also have it I guess.

can anyone guide me abOut the criteria for ISSB Grading ?
what do we mean by :
ALPHA
BRAVO
CHARLIE 41,42,43,44
DELTA
and what activities does effect this grading the most
after recommendation some can't make it to the final merit list , the reason is perhaps grading
how do we improve our grading ?

My question is directed @MastanKhan but anyone else is welcome to respond

Since you claim that PAF has a history of acquisition blunders so would it help Pakistan better if PAF was merged in to the air wings of the Navy and Army?

The US did not have a separate air force in WWII. All aircraft were operated by the army, navy and marines during the war.

Other countries that have taken this step in recent times are Canada and Belgium.

The RAF although not been disbanded but has too gotten rid of its once proud fighter and bomber commands.

By not having a separate air force the navy too can get its share of funds.

Your thoughts

My question is directed @MastanKhan but anyone else is welcome to respond

Since you claim that PAF has a history of acquisition blunders so would it help Pakistan better if PAF was merged in to the air wings of the Navy and Army?

The US did not have a separate air force in WWII. All aircraft were operated by the army, navy and marines during the war.

Other countries that have taken this step in recent times are Canada and Belgium.

The RAF although not been disbanded but has too gotten rid of its once proud fighter and bomber commands.

By not having a separate air force the navy too can get its share of funds.

Your thoughts

Hi,

Navy needs it own wing---I would not mind the air force being merged into the army.

There is no sense having a third wing-----. When the navy needs it and when the army needs it----it can call on its own resources.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom