What's new

Air Force confirms $180 million deal for 4 Lockhead MC-130E from US.

C-130J is an extended range Tactical Transport Aircraft having a range way over 5000km. We really do not need anything like that. C-130E/H is good enough for us with 3000+km range.

Hi, Fuel Tanks can give extra fuel capacity, the optimal range needed to C-130E/H.

PAF C-130H
4178-1.jpg

We are getting MC 130 not C130. Luftwaffe and major is talking about what kind of planes we should get in the future

We are actually getting C-130E which might also be modified to "H". In some reports they by mistake quoted Lockheed MC-130E where as it should be Lockheed Martin C-130E. MC-130E is more expensive aircraft. Besides, the report says its the basic tactical unit that may help bangladesh with - "humanitarian assistance and disaster relief, United Nations Peacekeeping Operations, and support operations to counter violent extremist organisations".

BAF has requested C-130Es

From Janes Defence Weekly
Bangladesh has requested the United States government supply it with four Lockheed Martin C-130E Hercules transport aircraft to augment the four C-130Bs.

These will be refurbished upgraded to most likely H Standards.

Hi, Fuel Tanks can give extra fuel capacity, the optimal range needed to C-130E/H.

PAF C-130H
4178-1.jpg

Look, we are not USA, we are Bangladesh with a little need for C-130H that can have a range of 5000+ km. A 3000 km range for our E birds is good enough for us. However, I have heard somewhere that out of a total 8 units of C-130 planes BD will send one or two to some specific UN peacekeeping missions in the future.

Many of military purchases by BD looks too extravagant because this country is poor. But, many of these purchases are continuously used in the UN missions. The uses are certainly not free. UN has to pay for all these 'leased' military hardwares when in use. Ultimately, UN pays virtually about 2/3rd of the purchasing costs.

With this advantage in its hands BN and BAF are keeping on purchasing many killing machines. I have read in one report that BD has more than 1200 APCs (Armoured Personnel Carriers), almost all of these APCs are made in Russia that can float in water. Only Russia has more APCs than Bangladesh. Anyway, many hundreds of these APCs are being used in the UN missions, but at a certain cost.

We are getting MC 130 not C130. Luftwaffe and major is talking about what kind of planes we should get in the future

I think, we are getting C-130E and not MC-130E. This confusion arised due to printing mistake by the Daily Star.

last couple of days seeing a C130 circling over dhaka ....

UN Peace keeping mission has been good for Bangladesh economy and its armed forces, mainly to get good equipment and overseas experience, in addition to the good wage and benefits. We just need to make sure that it does not create another fiasco like MUA-FUA incident, which allegedly were triggered by UN using their influence in Bangladesh Army. Eventually the mismanagement of this group and the activation of stealth Indian sleeper agents in different high places, helped to weaken BNP and bring RAWamy traitors in power and was a tremendous setback for Bangladeshi people and their future.

UN Peace keeping mission has been good for Bangladesh economy and its armed forces, mainly to get good equipment and overseas experience, in addition to the good wage and benefits. We just need to make sure that it does not create another fiasco like MUA-FUA incident, which allegedly were triggered by UN using their influence in Bangladesh Army. Eventually the mismanagement of this group and the activation of stealth Indian sleeper agents in different high places, helped to weaken BNP and bring RAWamy traitors in power and was a tremendous setback for Bangladeshi people and their future.
With sheer upsurge of BD MILL's peace keeping in UN missions; it literally lost its venom, core ethos and fighting spirit to become 'King of mercenaries' that was a complete deviation from military's prime rule, i.e. saving country from internal and external enemies. And the economic upliftment that you mentioned had nothing to do in BD's case if you read/observed/understood on how 'Positive current of Global Economy' was let to form in Asian hemisphere. BD mercenary's UN mission, RMG's export boast weren't the means to analyze ends rather poor, dense mass's labor exploitation, skills were. Kalu Bhai, you are brilliant enough to connect these prime issues of economy, global domineering factors with the usefulness of small, manageable entity's inhabitants. IMO, RMG export or serving in UN mission has been causing more damages than betterment of BD but it seems like we are option less at the moment. How we have reached at this point would take rims of papers for me to describe empirically though.

With sheer upsurge of BD MILL's peace keeping in UN missions; it literally lost its venom, core ethos and fighting spirit to become 'King of mercenaries' that was a complete deviation from military's prime rule, i.e. saving country from internal and external enemies. And the economic upliftment that you mentioned had nothing to do in BD's case if you read/observed/understood on how 'Positive current of Global Economy' was let to form in Asian hemisphere. BD mercenary's UN mission, RMG's export boast weren't the means to analyze ends rather poor, dense mass's labor exploitation, skills were. Kalu Bhai, you are brilliant enough to connect these prime issues of economy, global domineering factors with the usefulness of small, manageable entity's inhabitants. IMO, RMG export or serving in UN mission has been causing more damages than betterment of BD but it seems like we are option less at the moment. How we have reached at this point would take rims of papers for me to describe empirically though.

For saving country from internal and external enemies you first need strong leadership, not army. A disciplined army is supposed to abide by the command of supreme commander, they take their oath this way and our army is doing that, we can't blame them blindly. Now what makes you think our army can't save us if we are under strong leadership and people are with them? In 2001 border conflict one Major alone stood before an indian APC with a gun in hand waiting for the high command's decision to jump on enemy. Do you think in 2008 our navy would deploy frigates when Burmese navy guarded a Korean oil exploration ship if Hasina/Khaleda were on power...I believe never, so, it's leadership. I personally know many ones who don't care who the enemy is, if they are ordered to fight, they will. So, your comment is sort of insulting towards army.

Regarding economy please try to have some positive view too.

For saving country from internal and external enemies you first need strong leadership, not army. A disciplined army is supposed to abide by the command of supreme commander, they take their oath this way and our army is doing that, we can't blame them blindly. Now what makes you think our army can't save us if we are under strong leadership and people are with them? In 2001 border conflict one Major alone stood before an indian APC with a gun in hand waiting for the high command's decision to jump on enemy. Do you think in 2008 our navy would deploy frigates when Burmese navy guarded a Korean oil exploration ship if Hasina/Khaleda were on power...I believe never, so, it's leadership. I personally know many ones who don't care who the enemy is, if they are ordered to fight, they will. So, your comment is sort of insulting towards army.

PlanetSoldier, a man that is willing to shoot, with a gun is way more materially-powerful than a defenseless strong leader. Proves are Mush's ousting of Newaz at gunpoint, armless Zia's getting killed by armed Manjur, conniving Ershad/MUA snatching powers by leveraging arm-force's strength. And 'Where the civilian rule ends, martial rule/law start', is the saying of both of its originator. So, who are you trying to convince here by throwing arguments on leadership's willingness? Do you have any idea on BRIT army GENS leading first INDO-PAK war from both sides to plant seed of future discords? What strong leader like Jinnah or Nehru could do to thwart them? As the saying goes like even the sand becomes sacred on where true soldier march’s from, how do you see civilian making such impact? So, don't throw PPP or Kyani or MUA's vhua arguments at me because I'm through it a long ago.

And FUA/MUA being Globalist/India's puppets, boxed us up further by picking an uncalled for show off against Burmese. End result of the entire game was for BD to lose the most lucrative blocs in BOB that contained gas/oil of billion's off $$. Also knowing that the invasion of energy resources was the denominators of drumming up/continuation of bogus WOT, MUA/FUA simply facilitated that to happen. So their empty rhetorics had no real correlation with national gain by any measure.

Lastly, I was one of the first ones to take the mission on honoring BD-MILL in global forums but after country was back-stabbed by them; I lost all the respects toward them. Up until now they didn't rectify to gain it back. And about positivity on economy, honestly there was nothing left over by MUA/RAWamy gongs IMO.

M_Saint bhai and PlanetSoldier, please note that I thanked both of you for inputs. We need healthy debates so we can learn from each other. Some of us has more information than others and the idea is that we share that information out in the open so all of us can learn, become knowledgeable and be on the same page. But it is important to keep the debates civil and respectable so we keep the information exchange going. Thanks to both of you for the debate.

I believe the armed forces should not play any role in politics or running of the country, but in a fledgling democracy like ours where smooth transfer of power is difficult and rare, it can and should play a role during care taker govt. (CTG) rule and during election to ensure that its free, fair and impartial and not rigged by any party, but the CTG rule should be limited to 3 months and it should never be allowed to extend to 2 years, like it was during MUA/FUA. That I believe was treason and disservice to our nation, which allowed India to engineer a come-back for RAWamy traitors.

But we are going off topic, may be we can create a separate thread for this topic?

This Saint Martin guy is always against our military and spits venom towards them as if our military is his enemy. I do not think he is from Bangladesh.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom