What's new

Air Chief Marshal PV Naik wants missiles to destroy enemy satellites

Free Tibet

BANNED
Reaction score
Air Chief Marshal PV Naik wants missiles to destroy enemy satellites

Saturday, January 23, 2010 9:16 IST
Bangalore: Taking serious note of China’s growing defence capabilities, particularly its anti-satellite (ASAT) weapon system, Air Chief Marshal PV Naik on Friday sought the development of India’s own missile system that can destroy enemy satellites.

“Our satellites are vulnerable to ASAT weapon systems because our neighbourhood possesses one,” Naik said, while delivering the Air Chief Marshal LM Katre memorial lecture at the HAL Convention Centre here.

“We need to develop ASAT technology. It is one of our challenges of future war capability,” he said.

He was referring to the vulnerability of a series of communication, weather and remote-sensing satellites of the Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro), which are in orbit.

If the satellites are targeted, there could be widespread chaos in the country. Indian TV channels would go off the air, satellite communication links would snap, and there would be no updates on weather and climatic data, which is crucial for aviation, shipping and meteorology.

Isro also has the Technology Experiment Satellite, launched on October 22, 2001, in orbit.

The satellite is equipped with a one-metre resolution camera and
is capable of sending images of troop movements and installations.

The first images of this satellite were requisitioned by the United States for its Afghan operations.

“Defending our space-based assets is important and the IAF has to protect them,” said the air chief.

China demonstrated its ASAT capability in January 2007; the US followed suit the next year. These are the only countries with ASAT capability as of now.

S Chandrashekhar, National Institute of Advanced Studies, who is studying India’s space weaponisation, told DNA that scientists only need to fine-tune the existing missile and rocket-launching technologies to develop an ASAT system that will act as an effective counter to China’s.

Air Chief Marshal PV Naik wants missiles to destroy enemy satellites - dnaindia.com

dont worry we will send man on moon also and have ASAT technology also...:victory:

I'm certain India can do that. I think its a race between Taiwan and India to accomplish this. Maybe Taiwan can accomplish this first.

ITS GOOD IF BOTH COUNTRY DOES THAT.

Taiwan does that first or India doesn't matter. Ok Taiwan will do it first.

Video: India's anti-satellite program

Video Anti Satellite Weapon25 Jan 2009 8ak: Video interview of DRDO's Dr Saraswat about India developing the anti-satellite weapon in response to Chinese threat of shooting down enemy satellites post its 2007 weapons test. He is quoted in Missile Defence Advocacy as follows "We are working to ensure space security and protect our satellites. At the same time we are also working on how to deny the enemy access to its space assets,".

And India is not the only one scared. In the U.S., DoD Buzz reports that Gen. Norton Schwartz, Air Force Chief of Staff said that "in the face of threats from jamming and attacks on satellites the United States must lessen its dependence on the Global Positioning System and develop alternatives to GPS, the top Air Force general said today." Full news.

Nobody wants it, but the space war is on and as per Chinese Air Chief's earlier statement reported on 8ak the space war is on, its inevitable and it is a historic event.

bing .com/videos/watch/video/india-developing-weapon-to-kill-enemy-satellites/f44k2cmt

I'm certain India can do that. I think its a race between Taiwan and India to accomplish this. Maybe Taiwan can accomplish this first.

Buddy we wont mind if Taiwan does that first. Taiwan or India anyone who does it first will increase the pressure on china. India wont mind that. :happy:

Has Taiwan ever sent it's own satellite to space? Last time I checked they have their own satellites but no suitable launch rocket or a platform.

regards

Has Taiwan ever sent it's own satellite to space? Last time I checked they have their own satellites but no suitable launch rocket or a platform.

regards

Yes, Taiwan has no rockets. But if it start a project today, how are you so certain that it would not exceed that of India's plans soon?

Yes, Taiwan has no rockets. But if it start a project today, how are you so certain that it would not exceed that of India's plans soon?

Dude what if Taiwan starts project and goes ahead of China's projects soon?? Already Taiwan is way ahead of China in many respects....:woot:

Dude what if Taiwan starts project and goes ahead of China's projects soon?? Already Taiwan is way ahead of China in many respects....:woot:

True, in many electronics, Taiwan is certainly ahead. Taiwan certainly is ahead in electronic manufacturing capability, computer components (mother boards, chips sets) and petrochemical. The problem for Taiwan is that many manufacturer are moving their operations to China. As a result, Taiwanese economy is suffering. Not enough high tech jobs are there to replace the lower tech gigs.

China actually is advancing very fast. Its making progress in many aspects and I won't be surprised that its commercial technology will start to approach that of Korea, Taiwan and maybe Japan in 10 years.

Faithful mate why are you hijacking the thread yaar..its Airforce chief wanted Anti satellite missles..lets discuss that..why every thread becoming a Indo-China whose dick is better contest :disagree:

ye raath ko kaam karta hey ? suna hey hindustan kay hatyaar raath ko kaam nahe kartay lol :rofl::rofl::rofl:

ye raath ko kaam karta hey ? suna hey hindustan kay hatyaar raath ko kaam nahe kartay lol :rofl::rofl::rofl:

hume bhi suna doh please fir. but agni missile wala mat batana uskaa proof already hai mere pass tat its not the night factor and it was well rectified. hmmm

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom