What's new

India's workhorse to launch three satellites for China

Great news. ISRO has bagged launching orders of a total 7 foreign sattelites in Just one and half months in 2014. Go Isro Go!!!

It's good but very modest beginning .

I had been researching on contemporary satellite launch business ..frankly speaking India hardly figures anywhere . We are only mentioned with regards to LEO lauch capability that too ' light ' satellite segment .

If you look at lauch capability of other providers it is just stupendous .....

we have long way to go to achieve capability to put heavy satellite segments weighing > 4000 kg .

Even if we realize GSLV our capability will be only around 2.2 -2.5 ton

If you look at some of the US , Russian launchers they have capability of 20,000 kg - 40,000 kg to LEO .

we have long long way to go to achieve comparable capability .

Great news. ISRO has bagged launching orders of a total 7 foreign sattelites in Just one and half months in 2014. Go Isro Go!!!

7 sats???I thought these 3 and previous ones are same..can you post full list of the foreign sats that'll be launched in 2014???

India media is most unethical. Why they provide such misleading titles?
The other day I saw one article in TOI titled "My mom doesn't want me to talk about Penis"

It does attract attention ...right . that's why we read news with such headlines ....
that's the purpose of headline ...only thing that they should be as closer to truth as possible .

It's good but very modest beginning .

I had been researching on contemporary satellite launch business ..frankly speaking India hardly figures anywhere . We are only mentioned with regards to LEO lauch capability that too ' light ' satellite segment .

If you look at lauch capability of other providers it is just stupendous .....

we have long way to go to achieve capability to put heavy satellite segments weighing > 4000 kg .

Even if we realize GSLV our capability will be only around 2.2 -2.5 ton

If you look at some of the US , Russian launchers they have capability of 20,000 kg - 40,000 kg to LEO .

we have long long way to go to achieve comparable capability .
Thats correct. We still have a long way to go but recent GSLV success is a good start for us in big boys club(but nothing like US, Russia and China still good enough). And I am very hopeful on the development of GSLV mk3.

7 sats???I thought these 3 and previous ones are same..can you post full list of the foreign sats that'll be launched in 2014???
Really? My mistake then. Seems same news but with different 'title' is posted again today. I simply got confused and thought that its new order.

Thats correct. We still have a long way to go but recent GSLV success is a good start for us in big boys club(but nothing like US, Russia and China still good enough). And I am very hopeful on the development of GSLV mk3.

Indeed GSLV Mk III will make us at least self sufficient with regards to satellites weighing around 3- 4 tons .

But then GSLV Mk II will itself take another 3-5 years to finish development and inducted for commercial launch .

But it is nowhere near 20,000 - 40,000 kg LEO capability .

But the proposed ULV can have capability of 15-20, 000 kg to LEO and 5 ton to GTO .

We have long way to go ...but we don't have to be disheartened .

It's good, modest beginning for our modest space programme ...

It does attract attention ...right . that's why we read news with such headlines ....
that's the purpose of headline ...only thing that they should be as closer to truth as possible .

But why they are providing immature and senseless news like comparing MOM and MAVEN, saying MOM is most cheapest without considering payloads and other technologies etc., Some stupid people will post this in FB, makes us sound ignorant.

wrong title...but great news..looks like we trolled UK again.we're using UK's AID to launch their sats to make more profit..how evil are we???? :rofl:

again it's private UK firm and not UK government per se who is using our launch service .

within very low weight satellite category launch services we do provide one of the lowest cost service ...so it's natural .

But why they are providing immature and senseless news like comparing MOM and MAVEN, saying MOM is most cheapest without considering payloads and other technologies etc., Some stupid people will post this in FB, makes us sound ignorant.

Indeed but you have to understand there is large segment of ignorant people who are the real audience , reader for such news . For them it doesn't make difference .

For example news like we launched so many foreign satellites .... without having real insight as to what was the size and configuration of satellites launched .

Last time there was big news about PSLV launching 10 satellites ....frankly speaking if US , Russian were to go after such gimmick they can launch many more satellites in single launch given immense capability of their launches .

One of the reason for this phenomenon is we are deeply emotional fools . we are easily swayed by positive or negative emotions .

Media just exploits that .

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Please give some links.

You can search TOI. it was about stand up comedian Vir Das ....in context of his adult jokes .

Posting link here is not in accordance with forum rule . Better refrain from doing that ...to avoid derailing thread .

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom