What's new

Air Cdr (R) Kaiser Tufail Revisits PAF

Please DM me his email. Let me send him your posts where you have either raised or implied doubts about him.
If you don't want to, it's ok, I can always email him through his blog.....
As i said before, i only questioned the different versions of shooting down of Indian MiG-27 during the Kargil conflict but i guess old habits die hard, so before i give you Sir Tufail's e-mail or his mobile number, why don't you make yourself useful and show everyone here as apart from the above, where else did i doubt the honourable gentleman.
BTW, how do you intend to introduce yourself to Sir Tufail, with your current fake ID or the previous one which turned into a Pink Lady. :D
@Areesh look who it isn't .... back with his habitual whimpering. :lol:

@ Topic, as we are all keen to find out about Sir Kaiser Tufail's experience and observation of PAF's current status, he told me, he's rather occupied with something else these days and will post his narrative in near future.

12985502_10154011474110549_384720497601217307_n.jpg

Whatever makes you stupid @Knuckles cheers!!!:lol::rofl::enjoy: Libyan , Iraqi,Serbian af were comparable to USAF, you have a sheer stupidity Mr @Knuckles :D
Sure thing. Take care.

The shortage has to so with more earlier retirement due to airlines and not enough intake to match that. With more airlines popping up, we might see a greater shortage.
That is one of the factors. In addition to that, a lot of restrictions at the intake level. So many potential candidates but cannot enter due to age restrictions (waivers are accepted though if you fight it), educational backgrounds (majority are drafted from PAF Cadet Colleges and not other institutes), lack of physical fitness running into a pilot's career, desk assignments on the rise......so there a number of issues that need to be addressed.

Years ago I remember a bright candidate from the US. Applied to PAF, they told him he was not good enough to ever become a fighter pilot. Goes back.....within 3 years, he was a US Marine and a fighter pilot, flying F-18s from Miramar (Top Gun was filmed there) and off from aircraft carriers.

Sure thing. Take care.

That is one of the factors. In addition to that, a lot of restrictions at the intake level. So many potential candidates but cannot enter due to age restrictions (waivers are accepted though if you fight it), educational backgrounds (majority are drafted from PAF Cadet Colleges and not other institutes), lack of physical fitness running into a pilot's career, desk assignments on the rise......so there a number of issues that need to be addressed.

Years ago I remember a bright candidate from the US. Applied to PAF, they told him he was not good enough to ever become a fighter pilot. Goes back.....within 3 years, he was a US Marine and a fighter pilot, flying F-18s from Miramar (Top Gun was filmed there) and off from aircraft carriers.

I wouldn't trust a candidate from US even if I had him at the end of a very long and very pointy stick. Good move by them.

I wouldn't trust a candidate from US even if I had him at the end of a very long and very pointy stick. Good move by them.
He was my cousin and he still would visit numerous times. Please elaborate by what do you mean by that you wouldn't trust him....
Just out of curiosity, I'll still respect your opinion, just asking for personal reasons.

Last edited:
Sure thing. Take care.

Basically the PAF has gotten itself into a corner with its recruiting policy. Something I had pointed out earlier regarding the rather limited and confined pool it stagnates itself to.

Lets not compare the dismal opportunities in life available im a third world poop hole with the US. My parents were told years ago by the Late ACdre Rizvan(F-14 dogfight) to get me out of Pakistan otherwise I would be wasted- sadly my parents were unable to for lack of funds then. But when I finally came here, I was able to achieve more in 3 years starting with just 3k in my pocket which I would never have been able to do even an iota of in Pakistan.
So its not a PAF issue per se in terms of restricted opportunities as much as a national malaise.

He was my cousin and he still would visit numerous times. Please elaborate by what do you mean by that you wouldn't trust him....
Just out of curiosity, I'll still respect your opinion, just asking for personal reasons.

Someone brought up in America is Americanized. We need top talent that wants to lay down their life for Pakistan. I am suspicious of your cousin's loyalties. Being your cousin doesn't change a thing.

Someone brought up in America is Americanized. We need top talent that wants to lay down their life for Pakistan. I am suspicious of your cousin's loyalties. Being your cousin doesn't change a thing.

Should we all be suspicious of your loyalties as well since you have the Aussie flag?

I hear ya. My dad is British born, and then came to Pakistan and served PAF as a fighter pilot. Anyways I got your opinion, not too much of a significant reason. Cheers !!!

Should we all be suspicious of your loyalties as well since you have the Aussie flag?
I hear ya. My dad is British born, and then came to Pakistan and served PAF as a fighter pilot. Anyways I got your opinion, not too much of a significant reason. Cheers !!!

FACT: Under the guise of USAID foreign scholarships, thousands of Pakistani students were brought to American universities. They were selected not just for their merit, but for their malleability towards American direction. During the interview, they were gauged for their mental subservience. The entire selection process blatantly exposed them to American values. One example of the 'gem' of an advice they were armed with during the process: in America, if a girl kisses you, you must let her kiss you, it's considered normal and nothing to be concerned about. Upon return, these Americanized servants readily find employments at key positions in Pakistan, while retaining their connections to their masters. The ones in research are provided funding and cursory achievements are celebrated to give a stamp of authenticity. And normal Pakistanis lap it all up and elevate them on a pedestal as their superiors.

There is a reason why Turkey isn't allowing its pilots to go to the US for training. We should be doing the same.

@Knuckles you don't need to be condescending about this. It is a huge issue and needs to be confronted directly and without mincing words.

FACT: Under the guise of USAID foreign scholarships, thousands of Pakistani students were brought to American universities. They were selected not just for their merit, but for their malleability towards American direction. During the interview, they were gauged for their mental subservience. The entire selection process blatantly exposed them to American values. One example of the 'gem' of an advice they were armed with during the process: in America, if a girl kisses you, you must let her kiss you, it's considered normal and nothing to be concerned about. Upon return, these Americanized servants readily find employments at key positions in Pakistan, while retaining their connections to their masters. The ones in research are provided funding and cursory achievements are celebrated to give a stamp of authenticity. And normal Pakistanis lap it all up and elevate them on a pedestal as their superiors.

There is a reason why Turkey isn't allowing its pilots to go to the US for training. We should be doing the same.

@Knuckles you don't need to be condescending about this. It is a huge issue and needs to be confronted directly and without mincing words.
Cheaper to have them trained at Turkey as opposed to paying the entire program at the 162nd FW. They liked to make money domestically as well by using US aircraft with Turkish students in them as opposed to sending US instructors all the way to Turkey which would have been cheaper for Turkey.

I didn't mean to be condescending sir. Hope this clears any misunderstanding. Cheers !!!

Cheaper to have them trained at Turkey as opposed to paying the entire program at the 162nd FW. They liked to make money domestically as well by using US aircraft with Turkish students in them as opposed to sending US instructors all the way to Turkey which would have been cheaper for Turkey.

I didn't mean to be condescending sir. Hope this clears any misunderstanding. Cheers !!!

After booting thousands of serving personnel including aircraft pilots in the immediate aftermath of the Gullen uprising, the only hindrance is money? We need to drop the ostrich like tendency to hide from the facts.

After booting thousands of serving personnel including aircraft pilots in the immediate aftermath of the Gullen uprising, the only hindrance is money? We need to drop the ostrich like tendency to hide from the facts.
Hey whatever the reasons are we'll probably never know. But they have an established program at Tuscon where all international F-16 training is done there. And might say a great wealth of instruction and knowledge is available there, the average instructor has about 3000 hours in F-16s.

Hey whatever the reasons are we'll probably never know. But they have an established program at Tuscon where all international F-16 training is done there. And might say a great wealth of instruction and knowledge is available there, the average instructor has about 3000 hours in F-16s.

Not denying they have a wealth of knowledge, but we need to do better than bow down before their greatness. You wouldn't send your children to an enemy who will provide world best education and also turn them against you so they will come back and kill you, then throw you to vultures. Or if you do send them, you will manage their return very carefully, never letting them acquire a position where they can attack you. Common sense really.

Back
Top Bottom